cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flare II Animate / Anime Matrix not properly aligned for Text/Clock/Date mode

PWN3D_
Level 9
Hello,

It's seems that those two Anime Matrix mode (Text and Clock/Date) are not correctly aligned. They look good on Armoury crate app but when applied, they shift 2 rows down on the Anime Matrix panel, so sometime the bottom left corner of the Animation is being cut (on clock mode for example when it's 20:00 and up)

I also noticed that on all reviews I looked on youtube so i'm pretty sure it's not a problem with my unit.

On a side note, does anyone with this keyboard have any success using it on a bios? I have to switch keyboard anytime I need to tweak something.
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
Hello PWN3D_

There were some updates for Armoury Crate, is the Anime Matrix any better after the updates?

Nate152 wrote:
Hello PWN3D_

There were some updates for Armoury Crate, is the Anime Matrix any better after the updates?

Hello Nate152,

Unfortunately no changes with the newest update. Last updates I had was for the "Service ASUS Framework" ver : 3.0.0.4, did that one week ago.

Nate152
If you have the text effects turned on, try turning this off or lowering the value of the the font size and see if there is any change.

Click the pic to make it bigger.

Nate152 wrote:
If you have the text effects turned on, try turning this off or lowering the value of the the font size and see if there is any change.

Click the pic to make it bigger.

Hmm, it seems that text effect are working as intended, alignement seems good and font size is working fine.

The problem seems to be in "System Mode" where you can display clock, date... and "Audio Mode" if you display the name of the artist, album or song you are playing:

Audio mode ( artist; album;song); the text is one row higher than in AC

System mode (Time); the time is displayed two row lower than in AC

System mode (Date); same as Time, two row lower, and can cleary see that the first number is cut because of this

I think a good bug report is needed, but maybe someone with this keyboard can confirm this first. I think I saw @xeromist with this keyboard in his AC tab.

And to add up, I really can't get the keyboard to work in my bios (X470 f gaming)

Can confirm, with "system mode" the clock is two pixels lower on keyboard display than in AC preview window, and that causes bottom of first digit to be truncated.

>> does anyone with this keyboard have any success using it on a bios?
>> And to add up, I really can't get the keyboard to work in my bios (X470 f gaming)

No problem in BIOS for me. Just double checked, went through various BIOS screens, and my Flare-II-Animate works fine there. (Z690-E Gaming motherboard)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

RogScott wrote:
Can confirm, with "system mode" the clock is two pixels lower on keyboard display than in AC preview window, and that causes bottom of first digit to be truncated.

>> does anyone with this keyboard have any success using it on a bios?
>> And to add up, I really can't get the keyboard to work in my bios (X470 f gaming)

No problem in BIOS for me. Just double checked, went through various BIOS screens, and my Flare-II-Animate works fine there. (Z690-E Gaming motherboard)

Thanks for the confirmation! Really appreciate it!

As for my bios problem, I loaded in with all but my mouse and keyboard plugged and it worked as intended. So I guess too many USB devices was the problem so no worries there.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
We have confirmed this issue, a fix will be released soon.