cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX FOUND! - The system is busy. Please wait for ASUS Framework Service to respond

Bostonjunk
Level 8
For anyone who has been having this exceptionally frustrating issue - I have finally found a fix, assuming your issue was caused by the same thing as me.

If your issue is like mine, you cannot open the Device page in Armoury Crate due to the error
The system is busy. Please wait for ASUS Framework Service to respond

This would happen most times, but you may have found it randomly working on some days.

CAUSE

ASUS Framework Service is a Node JS framework - under C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Diagnosis\Framework there are log files.

In the logs were the error [ERROR] [Server] init failed with exception: Error: listen EACCES: permission denied 0.0.0.0:1042

This can happen with Node JS but is actually a Windows issue where certain ports are reserved - these ports can change at reboot, so that's why it sometimes worked but not most of the time.

SOLUTION

Check the logs in C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Diagnosis\Framework to see if you're getting the same or similar error as me.

If you are, open an administrative Command Prompt window and type netsh interface ipv4 show excludedportrange protocol=tcp

This will show the excluded ranges - the port number shown in your error logs (the number after 0.0.0.0 - in my case was 1042) should be inside one of the exlcuded ranges.

Enter the following commands in order:

• net stop winnat
  • netsh int ipv4 set dynamic tcp start=49152 num=16384
  • netsh int ipv6 set dynamic tcp start=49152 num=16384
  • net start winnat

You should not need to reboot - it should just start working.

Thank you to cpietrzykowski on GitHub for the solution.
https://github.com/docker/for-win/issues/3171#issuecomment-554587817
6 REPLIES 6

xxxifan
Level 8
Thanks for sharing. I've already reset my win11 and finally get this thing work.

I have found this kind of issue in other software, a port (like 8090) may used by system which I wasn't expected. That's aweful, I have to change my port settings in a lot of configs.

maybe I'll need this solution someday later, thanks again.:p

Frank_Cisco
Level 7
Bostonjunk wrote:
For anyone who has been having this exceptionally frustrating issue - I have finally found a fix, assuming your issue was caused by the same thing as me.

If your issue is like mine, you cannot open the Device page in Armoury Crate due to the error
The system is busy. Please wait for ASUS Framework Service to respond

This would happen most times, but you may have found it randomly working on some days.

CAUSE

ASUS Framework Service is a Node JS framework - under C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Diagnosis\Framework there are log files.

In the logs were the error [ERROR] [Server] init failed with exception: Error: listen EACCES: permission denied 0.0.0.0:1042

This can happen with Node JS but is actually a Windows issue where certain ports are reserved - these ports can change at reboot, so that's why it sometimes worked but not most of the time.

SOLUTION

Check the logs in C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Diagnosis\Framework to see if you're getting the same or similar error as me.

If you are, open an administrative Command Prompt window and type netsh interface ipv4 show excludedportrange protocol=tcp

This will show the excluded ranges - the port number shown in your error logs (the number after 0.0.0.0 - in my case was 1042) should be inside one of the exlcuded ranges.

Enter the following commands in order:

• net stop winnat
  • netsh int ipv4 set dynamic tcp start=49152 num=16384
  • netsh int ipv6 set dynamic tcp start=49152 num=16384
  • net start winnat

You should not need to reboot - it should just start working.

Thank you to cpietrzykowski on GitHub for the solution.
https://github.com/docker/for-win/issues/3171#issuecomment-554587817

i have the same problem, but doing these steps didn't solve the problem 😞

maybe reinstalling? also are you on the latest windows 11? (22H2)

Frank Cisco wrote:
i have the same problem, but doing these steps didn't solve the problem 😞

maybe reinstalling? also are you on the latest windows 11? (22H2)

Brand new build with Z690 Pro Creator and Intel i9 12900K CPU completed in August.
This machine is used as a DAW, and I have many plugins, which take forever to install and license.
Nothing too crazy with regards to RGB, just a few fans, and wasn't planning on any overclocking, other than enabling the AI tuning option in the BIOS.

Upon first boot after all drivers and Windows updates installed, I proceeded to install MyAsus, Armoury Crate, AI Suite, ProArt Creator Hub, etc..
Slightly puzzled and annoyed that there appeared to be a gorillian Asus services running in the background, but I shrugged it off, as all was working OK.
That is, until I attempted to update Armoury Crate.

I am not exaggerating when I say I have spent hours, over the course of a couple weeks, trying every single potential solution mentioned on this site, with the exception of reinstalling Windows (which I refuse to do at this point), and have had 0 success.

I finally nuked every last bit of Asus software, all Asus services, all non-essential Asus drivers (AURA LED Controller is the only one left), and disabled Armoury Crate along with MyAsus in the BIOS.

I then installed SignalRGB and Fan Control, and they just work!

I can finally just use the damn box, and it's been great, so I'm done.

savagevagabond
Level 7
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! I have been trying for days to solve an Armoury Crate error I kept getting when trying to set my wallpaper to Aura Wallpaper through the Armoury Crate Windows 11 application. I kept getting (and still keep getting) a message saying "The system is busy. Please wait for ASUS Framework Service to respond, after which the device page will be reloaded automatically."

i ATTEMPTED THIS SOLUTION TO NO AVAIL, though I am grateful for OP's attempt. I wanted to share here the solution I found on r/Gaming LLaptops posted by u/Von-M.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jHPL9sV9qpvJ7t2RPHj5iTI4M2FUtbG9?usp=sharing

I would open try to run the Aura Wallpaper Service application from within C:\Program Files\ASUS\Aura Wallpaper Service, but nothing would change. I downloaded and extracted the last update from the above Google Drive link into C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Service and then ran ConfigInstaller.exe as Administrator. I then ran the Aura Wallpaper Service again and Almost immediately Aura Wallpaper took over from Windows 11 own native background! Thank GOD. Anyways, I know this was a solution to a different problem than OP had encountered, I just wanted to add my experience, so maybe the next person to Google my problem might come across this.

Thanks again OP :cool:

outcub
Level 7

Ce produit est une catastrophe , rien ne marche , c'est bruyant . Ce site censé fournir les moyens logiciels de régler les problèmes ne sert à rien et ne fonctionne jamais .

Pour moi Asus c'est fini

klausbn
Level 9

after installing armoury crate install all drivers reboot and uninstall all the asus crap incl armoury crate its bloatware and useless for pc performance.