cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulting application AacAmbientLighting.exe and Armoury Crate v5.7.9

EdwardQ
Level 10

I am a long time Asus lover, but my patience is severely being tested with Armoury Crate - after issues with earlier versions of Armoury Crate there was a period of stability, and with the latest version of Armoury Crate (v5.7.9.0) I am now getting intermittent crashes with the AacAmbientLighting.exe component on a Z13.

Asus - please bug test your applications!!!!!!!!!!! and better still - ASK users before updating their version of the application!!!!!

Error below - 

Faulting application name: AacAmbientLighting.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x64b073ea
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time stamp: 0x3091b6fb
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000006567c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x2BB4
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA307AFE8E4158
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\AacAmbientHal\AacAmbientLighting.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 3aa451df-58da-48b5-a83c-ee1c661e7a5e
Faulting package full name: ASUSAmbientHAL64_1.0.0.2_neutral__gsg7p0crx7n6a
Faulting package-relative application ID: ASUSAmbientHAL64

200 REPLIES 200

"On top of that, maximum performance and hardware security could be compromised." Armoury Crate definitely compromises maximum performance lol. 

How have you quantified that conclusion?

JohnPykett1999
Level 8

yeah i would recommend just to uninstall asus armory crate as i didnt really need it and the fact its a bloated mess.

Picoooka
Level 9

Last month since i uninstalled AC i not have any problems with machine.We have to wait until better days,but i think it will take a long time.

mateus_mouta
Level 7

I have a TUF B450 Pro S and I'm having problems with Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation, the panel simply stopped appearing, I've uninstalled and installed it but it continues

Airjockey
Level 8

Hmm,,, " Armoury Crate definitely compromises maximum performance " that's an interesting statement. I actually think Armory Create does an excellent job at maximizing performance, the issue is that there are two types of audiences that use this platform. There are the younger kids that have gaming laptops and want cool wallpapers and animated dogs exc. Then you have the adults that just want updates, high performance cooling and some in case lighting control. The problem is that Asus doesn't have both, there needs to be a lite version and a full version. We currently have a version that is full of bloat trash. Whoever the genius was that thought it was a good idea to add Halloween and Christmas lighting effects needs to be fired, because prior to that Halloween update Armory Create ran good,, not great but I wasn't getting crashes over ...... 

ASUS\AacAmbientHal\AacAmbientLighting.exe, 

ASUS\AsusFanControlService\2.03.20\AsusFanControlService.exe

What leaves a bitter taste in everyone's mouth is the lack of disconnect that there is between the users of Armory Create and the Asus developers. Even as we speak this whole debacle is still not fixed. I for myself decided to remove Armory Create after multiple crashes. My reliability was basically 1 and after spending just shy of $10K having this streaming / gaming computer built I was concerned about damage from the crashes while under load it was insanity. The truth of the matter is that Armory Create kept my temps under control, I've been pretty content with the software but when 50,000 people view a topic and are having the same issues and there's no response from Asus people start to look for alternative outlets to get updates. Sooner or later I'm gonna need updates but until Asus gets there act together I refuse to install this bloatware filled program. The way I see it is Ghelper is not the answer, I'd rather have no updates then to stick Ghelper into my machine. Ghelper is not made for the type of performance I need. I took a look at the program and I don't see a benefit to installing it. Frankly the motherboard is able to control all your temps your fans and Aio pump and if your motherboard allows, you can even customize your cooling parameters. My Motherboard is the ( ROG Maximus Z790 Hero ) this board is clearly able to control everything you throw at it. So when it comes to " Armoury Crate definitely compromises maximum performance " I would say maybe you need to take another look at Armory Create. Now if only the Developers can fix this program so we all can get on with our lives !!!! 

ADW
Level 8

I installed the updates from 6th February and so far everything is looking good.

I have also installed the Feb 6 update to WDL HAL 2.7.0.0 (Armoury Crate version is 5.7.9.0) and (so far - 24 hours later) none of the issues that were present in December have occurred.

Having performance issues again - not sure it relates to HAL 2 7 0 0 though. Have for the moment gone back to .bak solution

Make a clean uninstallation with ArmouryCrateUninstall tool. Reboot.

Then, download and install this: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Full_Installation_Package.zip Reboot.

Once installed, DON'T UPDATE (it will work fine without updating ... and WITH ZERO ERRORS!!)