cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulting application AacAmbientLighting.exe and Armoury Crate v5.7.9

EdwardQ
Level 10

I am a long time Asus lover, but my patience is severely being tested with Armoury Crate - after issues with earlier versions of Armoury Crate there was a period of stability, and with the latest version of Armoury Crate (v5.7.9.0) I am now getting intermittent crashes with the AacAmbientLighting.exe component on a Z13.

Asus - please bug test your applications!!!!!!!!!!! and better still - ASK users before updating their version of the application!!!!!

Error below - 

Faulting application name: AacAmbientLighting.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x64b073ea
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time stamp: 0x3091b6fb
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000006567c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x2BB4
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA307AFE8E4158
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\AacAmbientHal\AacAmbientLighting.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 3aa451df-58da-48b5-a83c-ee1c661e7a5e
Faulting package full name: ASUSAmbientHAL64_1.0.0.2_neutral__gsg7p0crx7n6a
Faulting package-relative application ID: ASUSAmbientHAL64

202 REPLIES 202

Is there anything I can do? Or do I have to just wait for a future update? I do still get some minors errors, Google Chrome not working properly after a couple of hours, my keyboard shuts off, mouse shuts off,  google chrome aint working and playback errors.

@Hawrami - the approach of several of us is to await until a future stable update comes out. My errors have stopped, though, using @DrMartin40Madri solution and following the sequence outlined exactly (incuding timing of reboot).

ADW
Level 8

I eventually tried @DrMartin40Madri 's solution.  Looking good so far. Thanks.

tretre2436
Level 7

Merci !
Et ce n'était pas totalement illogique de se faire planter par HAL 🤣

JohnPykett1999
Level 8

Hello guys. i keep having out of memory issues with random applications and i dont know if its something to do with ambient lighting, my ram, vram or my page file because right now the ambient lighting is only using 24k of memory. it could also be related to the kingston dram hal that got installed by armory crate.

update 1: so ive checked the none paged pool in task manager and it was 1gb and i restarted and it went down. i could try uninstalling all the driver updates ive installed including armory crate.

Hello John, I've experienced the same issues as you have. One thing to check is your reliability, just go to start and type in ( rel ) It should bring up ( View Reliability History )  it will have a blue flag just click it. Its basically like a calendar and shows everyday and what issues have occurred, I'm sure you'll see Armory Crete  listed. You will see to the right ( Critical Events ) right click on the event to view technical information. As you can view here Armory Trash is just awful and continues to get worse. The one thing to try is a fresh install of Armory Trash if you see no change after a day then you need to make some decisions !!! The streaming computer that I just recently had built by Xidax cost me over $9,000+ and these insane crashes and issues with Armory create made it impossible to stream and game. I find on some programs and games its fine on others its causes issues. The one thing you need to think about is your investment, Having this trash program crash your machine at 65c isn't good especially if its being cooled by fans. I had to make a choice and you will to. You either keep this trash or remove it until, lazy Asus fixes there program or you just deal with it !!! In my previous computer Armory create was crashing and telling me its was a memory problem, more like a ram issue as well as the ( power Kernel ) basically your ram is bad or power supply took a dump. Long story short today I'm convinced its was this trash program that was throwing error messages and causing the crashes and the reality is there was nothing wrong with the ram or power supply.

My thought is to see if there are any updates, if not then try Docs solution above here on page 15. If this still don't do the trick I would remove Armory Create and see if the issues have gone away, if they have then you will know its this program ...... 

Good Luck 😀

did you get any blue screens cause i got one once during a fortnite no build squad match. my game froze but the audio kept going and then fortnite threw an out of video memory error and then fortnite crashed to desktop and then i got a bsod saying kernel heap mode corruption. can asus armory crate cause that?

Try disabling D.O.C.P or XMP in Bios and set to AUTO.

good thing im getting a ram upgrade from my current kingston ram to corsair 32gb so ill most likely have to disable xmp anyway.

JohnPykett1999
Level 8

update 2: it seems like the out of memory issues are fixed by uninstalling armoury crate but ill still be getting that memory upgrade just in case.