cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fans of Ryujin 2 locked and static at 570 RPM in Armory Crate

Asryan
Level 10
I'm having an issue with Armory Crate and controlling my Ryujin Fans.

It was working fine but yesterday i had to unplug the aio fan controller to do some cable management..
The fans started to act out, not spinning or one or 2 out of 3

.After a wihile they manage to spin again but now they are detected as maxing at 570 RPM

It's litteraly driving me crazy , It was working fine and of course i tried to do it better and now it's all messed up.

What i tried:

- Plug one fan on each header of the controller instead of using the splitter

- Uninstall armory crate multiple times with the uninstaller / reinstall it

-I run the fans on the CPU header, they work fine

- I did a system restore of few days ago, same issue.

- Tried with another AIO controler since i have a spare one, i had to rma another unit for a noise issue and haven't send the previous AIO to Amazon (the pump on the new one is indeed a LOT more silent)
but it's not fixing it.

So : it's not the fan, it's not the controller.

The pump and embedeed fan of the AIO are working fine and can be controlled.

I know I can just use the fan on the cpu header with the splitter, it's even better since temps in Armory Crate are 10C lower than they are for real but i hate having something not working as it should be in my rig 🙂

I'm considering doing a clean reinstall of the OS, but if someone knows what could be the issue...

Thanks !

2 REPLIES 2

RogScott
Level 12
Not sure it will help, but did you try running the "Auto Tuning" from Ryujin page in AC? That may correctly detect and reset the fan ranges.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

Asryan
Level 10
Fixed it by :

Uninstalling Reinstalling AC
turn off the pc and unplug it for a few minute
Reinstalling AC 🙂