cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Xpert does't work in Armoury Crate

emkdrl07
Level 10
Hey, I cannot run Fan Xpert in Armory Crate. So many times i have uninstalled AC with Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool then installed but not changed. it's really annoying i would appreciate it if you could help me.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.3.4.0
ROG Live Service 1.6.4.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.78
Armoury Crate lite service 5.3.3
Aura Wallpaper Service Yüklü değil
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.50.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.18
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.3.9.1
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.2.23.0
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.58
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.3.5
AacVGA 0.0.5.8
KingstonDram 1.1.18
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.23
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.40.3
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.10.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.5
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.1.0.2
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.4
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0
28,492 Views
85 REPLIES 85

Jimbo93
Level 12
I posted some system maintenance tips that can straighten out some issues in the other active thread. You can try those. But if you have done any "surgery" on the system outside of using the uninstall tool, its doubtful any of that will help. Saving/recovering from a broken AC takes a lot of effort and trial and error (weeks/months). As the moderators and ROG members say it is best to just plan a windows reinstall.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I posted some system maintenance tips that can straighten out some issues in the other active thread. You can try those. But if you have done any "surgery" on the system outside of using the uninstall tool, its doubtful any of that will help. Saving/recovering from a broken AC takes a lot of effort and trial and error (weeks/months). As the moderators and ROG members say it is best to just plan a windows reinstall.


Thanks for reply. I have not deleted any files as manualy. yes, I have just installed windows, I will reinstall it anyway, but it is very annoying to do this all the time. All my hardware is Asus and I really regret it already. frustrating situation that it doesn't work by itself even though it worked before. I will try what you said in posted if it does not work, i have to reinstall windows.

emkdrl07 wrote:
Thanks for reply. I have not deleted any files as manualy. yes, I have just installed windows, I will reinstall it anyway, but it is very annoying to do this all the time. All my hardware is Asus and I really regret it already. frustrating situation that it doesn't work by itself even though it worked before. I will try what you said in posted if it does not work, i have to reinstall windows.


Another approach I have used is to just uninstall other software to reduce the variables when I am trying to get AC working well. And I have also found, and this is a change for me, that only using the driver packages from my motherboard support page and graphics card support page seems to help. So I pause windows updates and uninstall drivers that were in the installed apps, then I rolled back device drivers, or just uninstalled, to get back to the base drivers from windows setup, then install the drivers from the support page. Best reliable performance. Period.

emkdrl07
Level 10
I found the source of the problem. When I uninstall AI Suite 3(v3.03.07 and v3.03.17), my problem is solved, when I install it, the problem occurs again. How can I report this to the Asus software team.

emkdrl07 wrote:
I found the source of the problem. When I uninstall AI Suite 3(v3.03.07 and v3.03.17), my problem is solved, when I install it, the problem occurs again. How can I report this to the Asus software team.


good for you! I would think there is a newer version of ai suite 3 that doesn’t cause the problem. I am not able to check anything right now, busy. But we will have to check on that and then possibly you can make a post in the official support forum if we can’t figure it out on our own.

Jimbo93 wrote:
good for you! I would think there is a newer version of ai suite 3 that doesn’t cause the problem. I am not able to check anything right now, busy. But we will have to check on that and then possibly you can make a post in the official support forum if we can’t figure it out on our own.


Bad news, Not related to AI Suite 3, Fan Xpert 4 still not working!!

emkdrl07 wrote:
Bad news, Not related to AI Suite 3, Fan Xpert 4 still not working!!


Ok. Can you open Armoury Crate, Tools Page, Individual Kits, and see if you have AI Suite 3 Cleaner there? I am not sure if there is one for the AMD based boards hopefully there is. Let me know.

There is a trick to getting it to do the full cleaning. So don't despair. I will walk you through it one step at a time.

emkdrl07
Level 10
Yes, i have AI Suite 3 Cleaner in Armoury Crate.

emkdrl07 wrote:
Yes, i have AI Suite 3 Cleaner in Armoury Crate.


Now in order for it to work we need to satisfy 2 conditions. 1) Armoury Crate shouyld be removed by the AC uninstall tool. 2) We need to make sure you don't have a service left over called Armoury Live Update which gets installed by windows update along with Aura device drivers.

So go ahead and run the Armoury Crate uninstall tool.

Then reboot and have a look for a service called Armoury live update. You will have to open services or computer management->services and see. If it is there then the next step is to get and run the driver store explorer so we can see what aura device drivers we need to remove. When the the aura device drivers are removed with the driver store explorer, the Armoury Live update is automaticall removed with them. The exact steps I use to do this:

Pause window update.
Run driver store explorer as admin.
Select the ROG/AsusTek drivers for mouse and keyboard and then hit the force delete button.
Reboot.
Verify that Armoury Live update is gone. If it is not there must be another ROG device driver to delete.
If the Service was removed then you can run the AI Suite 3 Cleaner as admin and restart.
After that the only Asus service that should be left and running is the AsusCertService. We need to verify that condition before going to the next step. I am including a picture of driver store explorer and my ROG device drivers as an example, yours will likely be slightly different.
Link to download driver store explorer. https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer/releases/latest

97366