Ok, so possible workaround. Here is what I did to get it working:
- Download latest AC removal tool and run
- Download AI Suite Cleaner and run
- Download latest AC Install tool and run
- Once done installing, do the Grid update, but don't update anything else.
- After restarting AC, *ONLY UPDATE FANXPERT*. A lot of other updates will be detected, but again ONLY UPDATE FANXPERT. After this, AC doesn't detect any other updates, but FanXpert will be working as well as everything else. This is what worked for me.
good for you to find a work around.
but I would still strongly suggest you to follow steps and report at https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/armoury-crate/armoury-crate-v5-6-8-0-aura-creator-v3-6-9-0-report-here...
I know it takes sometime for Asus to fix the issue but at least its will be fixed properly.
BTW its the first time I heard about z690 Glacial, its a facncy/expensive board that I would hate if anything stop working, your MB is almost half price of my entire build lol
On my support page for my z790 asus motherboard, i dont see fan expert 4 or aisuite 3 listed, only armoury crate, i only want fan expert and aisuite installed(i only have asus motherboard, no rgb stuff either), can i just go and download these two software programs from the web, and will the ywork ? thx
The same is happening to me. I thought it was a hardware problem but everything was ok in BIOS! I've installed and uninstalled multiple times now (yes, without deleting manually). Since I like Aura and Fan xpert is useful, it's very annoying that every other update is breaking AC. Hope they can fix it