cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with the device page - error 2006

RiskyFuture
Level 7
Hi all getting the following error on Armory crate, has anyone a fix for this it just keeps going round in a loop when I click ok. I'm on windows 11 pro as advised by a moderator.
39 REPLIES 39

Nate152 wrote:
What device or devices was giving the error? And did you notice or do anything specific when you got the error?

I noticed that the Taskbar icon that shows my Spatha mouse battery level was gone. I hadn't done anything specific to be honest, had just ran a sfc scannow and a disk cleanup process. I actually thought I broke my own installation but then I got here to see several people are complaining about the same error. Funny enough I had updated AC that morning and it was working. If I broke it myself I deserve this hassle however uninstall reinstall didn't fix it so I'm not sure what happened there.

The software works just fine except you can't click on device pages. It hangs forever and then gives you a sorry there's a device page error here we will reload it again. Hit okay, same cycle. And as I write this my reinstall is complete. Now I have to go through the motions.

Nate152
The hanging and not loading could be something with the framework services, this also requires a windows reinstall.

I want to mention....

When you get to installing Armoury Crate, it may hang and fail with "Check your internet connection", run the installer again and it should install fine.

Nate152 wrote:
The hanging and not loading could be something with the framework services, this also requires a windows reinstall.

Completed. LOL, I am just getting my settings and drivers and all at the moment. I was afraid that an updated wasn't going to be able to fix AC however I am now concerned this could happen again in two weeks with another update! It feels like we are all beta testing this thing.

I want to mention....

When you get to installing Armoury Crate, it may hang and fail with "Check your internet connection", run the installer again and it should install fine.

Yes it happened twice yesterday and immediately trying again solves it.

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Ok great,

I'll be waiting for some good news.

I am still setting up my system but as I was doing the Windows Update, that is when this popped up, as I was telling you earlier about...

I hit Cancel this time. Last time I had elected to go ahead install AC, this time I am going to do it last after all drivers are installed.

Nate152
Yeah hit cancel.

Install/update drivers.

Fully update windows.

Install Armoury Crate.

I'm not saying you couldn't install Armoury Crate now, but you're less likely to run into problems having everything updated first.

I think they're doing a good job with Armoury Crate, I haven't had any issues since I reinstalled windows a couple months ago.

Nate152 wrote:

I think they're doing a good job with Armoury Crate, I haven't had any issues since I reinstalled windows a couple months ago.

I agree, it has been a lot more stable for several months, I haven't reinstalled Windows due to AC since last year or so. My previous reinstalls were other issues. I am thinking about creating a system restore everytime I see an update within AC going forward.

Nate152
That could be something worth trying, it may save you from having to reinstall windows.

Let me know when it's time to celebrate.

HumbleSiPilot77
Level 10
Finally back to normal. Device pages work. Took a half day but from now on I am doing a system restore before updating AC. I opted against AI Suite III. It is an older software that could be causing issues. I will leave the fan tuning to UEFI and monitor fans with a different software. I added Ram Cache II and GPU Tweak and the Sonic softwares and that should do it for my needs.

Nate152
Great to hear all is back to normal with Armoury Crate, you should be good to go now.