cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with the device page - error 2006

RiskyFuture
Level 7
Hi all getting the following error on Armory crate, has anyone a fix for this it just keeps going round in a loop when I click ok. I'm on windows 11 pro as advised by a moderator.
39 REPLIES 39

RiskyFuture wrote:
a moderator recommended installing windows 11 to get armory crate working what a joke

This is absolutely RIDICULOUS to have to reinstall Windows for this. Who knows if it is not going to repeat itself as soon as you reinstall Windows and AC again? Waste of time to be honest, it has to get fixed without reinstalling the operating system that is otherwise working flawlessly...

Nate152
I am the moderator who suggested this and I'll suggest it again. Yes, I know it is a bit of a pain but it doesn't take all that long.

How I'd do it is like this:

1) Reinstall windows with a fresh install.
2) Install the latest chipset driver for your motherboard as windows 11 doesn't install it.
3) If using the Realtek audio driver and sonic studio III install the latest version, if not skip this.
4) Update the Nvidia driver to the latest.
5) Update windows.
6) Install Armoury Crate and run the updates.

As I mentioned in Jimbo's thread, I'm confident this will fix the device error page as it did for me.

It's been a few months since I got the error and I only ever got it one time, so it is not a common error.

Nate152 wrote:
I am the moderator who suggested this and I'll suggest it again. Yes, I know it is a bit of a pain but it doesn't take all that long.

2) Install the latest chipset driver for your motherboard as windows 11 doesn't install it.
3) If using the Realtek audio driver and sonic studio III install the latest version, if not skip this.
4) Update the Nvidia driver to the latest.
5) Update windows.
6) Install Armoury Crate and run the updates.

As I mentioned in Jimbo's thread, I'm confident this will fix the device error page as it did for me.

It's been a few months since I got the error and I only ever got it one time, so it is not a common error.

Could you please post your service versions? Yesterday there were a couple smaller updates to Armoury Crate but it didn't fix anything for me. Here are mine so I want to compare.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.1.5.0
ROG Live Service 1.4.9.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.40
Armoury Crate lite service 5.1.4
Aura Wallpaper Service Not installed
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.45.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.18
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.3.0.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.1.79.0
ASUS Mouse Extern HAL 1.2.0.6
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.33
AacDisplay 1.2.20
AacVGA 0.0.4.9
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.18
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.39.15
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.12
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.5
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

I hate having not-fully-functioning software so I am grinding my teeth right now considering another reinstall. I have been reinstalling Windows 11 for something every two weeks it seems grrr ðŸ˜*

Also, what about AI Suite? I think like Jimbo said it has to be installed prior to Armoury Crate as it contains modules that are way older that Armoury Crate's...

Nate152 wrote:

(...)

Reinstall windows for a buggy software should never, never, never, never, never, never be an option. I repeat: Never! Fix that bloatware, please!
If you can't - leave it and release the technical documentation to the public. I am sure, there are way better coders out there, than this, what we
have now.

Regards,
Andreaz

Instead of "Reinstall Windows" maybe we could diagnose the actual issue.

Armory Crate is suppose to download and install my drivers for me. I shouldn't have to do it before hand, or in a specific order.
The Uninstall should work.
For the record I started with a fresh Windows 11 install, installed my chipset drivers, then let Armory Crate install everything else.

Moderator:
Are there log files we can look at? A formal bug report process? Other reports of the issue? Does this effect Windows 10? Windows 11?

This isn't fixed. And I do not expect this issue after paying $800 for my motherboard.

Nate152
I never had to install AI Suite and you shouldn't either. If you don't use it, don't install it.

I tried uninstalling Armoury Crate using the uninstall tool and reinstalling and that didn't fix the device page error, I was a little puzzled myself. Only a windows reinstall fixed it.

Follow my steps above, it should go smoothly and all will be good again in Armoury Crate.

It looks like you're updated to the latest version.

Click the pic to make it bigger

Nate152 wrote:
I never had to install AI Suite and you shouldn't either. If you don't use it, don't install it.

I use it for better fan profiles honestly, my Z370G motherboard isn't decked with great Armoury Crate support. Ai Suite fan settings are better than the BIOS ones. The ASUS software I use are pretty dated now, Ai Suite, Ram Cache II, the one I use the most is Sonic Studio and GPU Tweak. I also use the Aura Sync that is made for GPU because I want my lights sync to GPU temps on GPU only. I can imagine most of these are somehow conflicting with each other. This time I may ditch all of them except Sonic Studio.

I tried uninstalling Armoury Crate using the uninstall tool and reinstalling and that didn't fix the device page error, I was a little puzzled myself. Only a windows reinstall fixed it.

Creating the Windows 11 installation media right now.

Follow my steps above, it should go smoothly and all will be good again in Armoury Crate.

Windows knows that I have an ROG motherboard so there is an Armoury crate service that comes with windows and as soon as you reinstall, it pops a window that Armoury Crate is ready to install. It literally happens after you log in so I may actually hit cancel and get all the drivers ready first.

Nate152
I don't recall getting that installing windows 11 with my ROG Maximus IX Code.

Disable it if you're able to, update everything then install Armoury Crate.

Nate152 wrote:
I don't recall getting that installing windows 11 with my ROG Maximus IX Code.

Disable it if you're able to, update everything then install Armoury Crate.

Ugh, well see you on the other side in a couple hours. I will get a screenshot of that to show you but I will just ignore it and use the actual Armoury Crate download from the support page. They basically do the same anyway.

Nate152
Yes correct,

I'm sorry to have you reinstall windows, especially since you did it only 10 days ago.

All will be good I promise.

What device or devices was giving the error? And did you notice or do anything specific when you got the error?