cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Can´t open AsIO.sys!! (2)

MPTraxx
Level 9
This error (in mini window) i see i must close it 3 times after restart or turn on pc always on Windows 11, Armoury - 5.0.11.0
30,940 Views
17 REPLIES 17

Jimbo93
Level 12
MPTraxx wrote:
This error (in mini window) i see i must close it 3 times after restart or turn on pc always on Windows 11, Armoury - 5.0.11.0


Do you have AI SUite 3 installed? You might need to uodate it to the latest version.

MPTraxx
Level 9
Yes i have installed version 3.00.51 (this is latest for my board from official asus rog websit not this forum just only website).

MPTraxx wrote:
Yes i have installed version 3.00.51 (this is latest for my board from official asus rog websit not this forum just only website).


Its possible that reinstalling AI Suite 3 would stop that message. Also, GPU Tweak II could be involved. My recommendation is to uninstall all 3 and install in this order:


GPU Tweak II
AI SUITE 3
Armoury Crate

Jimbo93 wrote:
Its possible that reinstalling AI Suite 3 would stop that message. Also, GPU Tweak II could be involved. My recommendation is to uninstall all 3 and install in this order:


GPU Tweak II
AI SUITE 3
Armoury Crate


You know you have to use the Armoury Crate Uninstaller Tool right? Oh wait. this is important. There is a new AI Suite 3 Cleaner tool. You need to run that before reinstalling per my previous post. Ther uninstallers are on your asus support page.

So that there is no problem for you let me spell out how I would do this

First use the Armoury Crate Uninstaller tool
Then uninstall GPU Tweak II from Settings Apps
Then Uninstall AI Suite 3 from Settings Apps
Run the AI Suite 3 Cleaner

Install the programs per the first post , order to install.

goodvibes
Level 7
I'm also getting this error after upgrading from Windows 11 21H2 to Windows 11 22H2.

I had to do an inplace upgrade to 22H2 (keeping Apps+Data) because 22H2 update kept on crashing with error 0x80d02002 during download.
This error happens whenever I boot or try to start AEGIS III.
My system is an Asus GL12CM.
Does anybody else have Win11 22H2 successfully running AEGIS III ???

There is no Asus Probe, AI Suite , GPU Tweak or Armoury Crate installed on my system.

goodvibes wrote:
I'm also getting this error after upgrading from Windows 11 21H2 to Windows 11 22H2.

I had to do an inplace upgrade to 22H2 (keeping Apps+Data) because 22H2 update kept on crashing with error 0x80d02002 during download.
This error happens whenever I boot or try to start AEGIS III.
My system is an Asus GL12CM.
Does anybody else have Win11 22H2 successfully running AEGIS III ???

There is no Asus Probe, AI Suite , GPU Tweak or Armoury Crate installed on my system.


Did you make any progress?

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

Same here does anyone know how to fix it?

Crasje
Level 12
Same thing here, I get the popup too when starting Windows 11.

I Updated Armoury crate, updated GPU tweak to version III. I removed and added AI Suite 3.

I still get the pop-up. What is also interesting is that when clean installing AI Suite 3, I get the popup again (twice even).



So what are my options?

Should I have removed GPU tweak II before I updated to 3 via Armoury crate? 😞


UPDATE 1:
I have a ticket open with ASUS, their Suggestion to remove all the software and do a clean install. Of course, this is the LAST thing I want since I have so much software installed configured on my PC. Just the idea of getting DCS up and running again, Office settings, URLs, Music, documents, back-ups, etc. It will take me days to get everything back to normal and who can say with certainty the issue will be gone?

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉