cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crate V5.2.12.0 and MZ690E Shutdown Effect

Hopper64
Level 15
This new version 5.2.12.0 does not allow me to change the shutdown effect on my MZ690E. I can even disable the shutdown effect but it still defaults automatically to the rainbow effect. Changing to static or any other effect is futile. Defaults every time to rainbow. …and I did uninstall and reinstall the application. Didn’t help.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro
26 REPLIES 26

Hi,
if it can help I have the exact same problem with a Z690 Extreme.

the problem happened after the last Armoury Crate update, it worked well before.

I tried resetting the values on all the possible tabs and then set again the "turn off shut down effect" but it re-enable it every time.

Hopper64
Level 15
There are leds around the motherboard which appear to be responding to the shutdown correctly but the RGB and aRGB don’t. The latter still has the rainbow effect despite making the preferred selection. All due to the latest update. Worked fine before.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

MarcioTB
Level 9
Same problem here with my Rampage VI Omega. After couple shutdowns the rainbow effect come to motherboard. I have a problem too with my G.Skill memory not recognized anymore with last updates. ASUS, please fix everything!!!!!

Hopper64
Level 15
Mine was fine before the update. And it’s strange that it seems the motherboard leds themselves seem to be correct but the leds on my case connected to RGB header and leds to my ekwb combination res/pump connected to the aRGB header default to the rainbow effect. That’s quite peculiar.

Tried the "reset" buton on all pages of my motherboard but no luck on my end. Shutdown effect still reset for every sesion I open Armoury crate.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
PWN3D_ and MarcioTB have already filled in issue report forms and provided their logs. If other guys here can do so as well it may help. Thanks!

Please remember to read the original thread for instructions, and write a short description of your problem in that thread. Easier to keep up to date with your case.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130084-Armoury-Crate-v5-2-12-0-Aura-Creator-v3-4-3-0-Repor...

PWN3D_ wrote:
Tried the "reset" buton on all pages of my motherboard but no luck on my end. Shutdown effect still reset for every sesion I open Armoury crate.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
PWN3D_ and MarcioTB have already filled in issue report forms and provided their logs. If other guys here can do so as well it may help. Thanks!

Please remember to read the original thread for instructions, and write a short description of your problem in that thread. Easier to keep up to date with your case.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130084-Armoury-Crate-v5-2-12-0-Aura-Creator-v3-4-3-0-Repor...

It seems that the latest update of Aura along with the latest 1701 BIOS for my Extreme, solved the problem.

@MasterC@ROG can you take a look at this problem please?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130057-Z690-Extreme-crash-with-iCue

Hey PWN3D & MarcioTB, can you guys take a screenshot of your BIOS home page? We need to check if any settings are affecting the shutdown effect. We cannot replicate. Thanks.

MasterC@ROG wrote:

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Hey PWN3D & MarcioTB, can you guys take a screenshot of your BIOS home page? We need to check if any settings are affecting the shutdown effect. We cannot replicate. Thanks.

Did the last bios update available to my board but same result;

BIOS settings are stock, only PBO and D.O.C.P are activated through the AI Tweaker tab.

Hopper64
Level 15
I just added mine. I have an ill family member. Thanks for your patience.