cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reinstall Armoury Crate on ROG Flow Z13

EdwardQ
Level 10
Hi - I'd appreciate some advice please.

I've had ArmouryCrate installed on my ROG Flow Z13 and it recently upgraded itself to v5.4.8.0 and ever since it has been constantly trying to install a new "Peripheral" (I have not added any new devices to my computer) and prompting me to reboot (while the app is loaded) - only for the same thing to occur upon reboot - it also constantly asked for Windows User Acess Control.

I uninstalled it using the v2.1.11 of the uninstall tool, and have tried to reinstall it using ArmouryCrateInstaller_3.2.5.2 and after installing the Aura Service, SDK etc the same thing happens again - it appears to try and reload v5.4.8.0 and not the working version before this.

I have also tried AC Full Package_1.1.2.2 however the Z13 doesn't appear as a device in the list, so I can't choose it.

Can anyone assist further please?
4 REPLIES 4

Jimbo93
Level 12
This might be long shot but shouldn't hurt anything. Will take some time.

1) Run the AC uninstaller 2.1.11.0 and restart
2) Run windows disk cleanup (search for disk cleanup) as an administrator (right click on it select run as administrator) and clean all categories you can unselect log files and error reports if you want them
3) Run cmd.exe as administrator and use the command: chkdsk /x /f (this will schedule a disk check on restart) Restart the system
4) Find Microsoft store in your startup apps and right click and select app settings. There you will find a button to reset it. Reset microsoft store.
5) In windows control panel (search for control panel) there is a troubleshooting section, go there, and run the windows update troubeshooter
6) Restart the system and after a few minutes check for windows updates ( If updates are applied then restart the system otherwise to next step)
7) run cmd.exe as administrator and use the following commands one after another:
dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth (the response should be no component corruption detected)
dism /online cleanup-image /scanhealth (the response should be no component corruption detected)
(if the response is an error message then run the command: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and restart the system otherwise next step)
still in the same cmd.exe session or start a new one and run command: sfc /scannow (restart system)

There are a couple more steps but almost done you have restarted correct?
open a new cmd.exe session as admin and run the command: dism /online /cleanup-image /analyzecomponentstore
(check the response to the above command it will say Component Store Cleanup Recommended : No or Yes. If it says yes run the next command, if it says no skip the next command)
if store cleanup is recommended run the command: dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

Ok, last step is to force the system to run system maintenance. go to control panel, security and maintenance, open maintenance, click on start maintenance. you will see "maintenance in progress" allow it to finish.

You can try installing AC again. If it still does not work then I think it may be some left over Asus ROG driver needs to be removed. You could do that with driver store explorer utility. Let me know if you need help with that. I have attached a screenshot of driver store explorer that show my ROG mouse and Keyboard driver. You can force delete them and restart the system if you find them. Link to driver store explorer https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer/releases/latest

good luck

P.S. we could also delete windows prefetch files as a last resort.

Edit: I want to add another maintenance/repair tip to this list. Eventually I will probably make a separate post of it. So something I discovered some months back was that at least one component of Armoury Crate ArmourySwAgent .exe requires .NET 3.5 version. My system never prompted me to install it. I had to ask the question to MasterC@ROG one day to find out. Anyway if you are having strange issues with Armoury Crate. Search for features and then select "Turn windows features on or off". The feature .NET framework 3.5 should be selected. If it is not, SELECT IT! You can also reinstall it by unselecting it and restarting and reselecting it. After installing it, restart your system and force the system to run a maintenance cycle (see above for how to do that). Screenshot added showing the windows features dialog. 97349

Jimbo93
Level 12
EdwardQ wrote:
Hi - I'd appreciate some advice please.

I've had ArmouryCrate installed on my ROG Flow Z13 and it recently upgraded itself to v5.4.8.0 and ever since it has been constantly trying to install a new "Peripheral" (I have not added any new devices to my computer) and prompting me to reboot (while the app is loaded) - only for the same thing to occur upon reboot - it also constantly asked for Windows User Acess Control.

I uninstalled it using the v2.1.11 of the uninstall tool, and have tried to reinstall it using ArmouryCrateInstaller_3.2.5.2 and after installing the Aura Service, SDK etc the same thing happens again - it appears to try and reload v5.4.8.0 and not the working version before this.

I have also tried AC Full Package_1.1.2.2 however the Z13 doesn't appear as a device in the list, so I can't choose it.

Can anyone assist further please?

I don't see Armoury Crate on the Z13 support page. I wonder why that would be. Take care before you use driver store explorer to delete any drivers to take a system restore point first. And really, you should probably ask about specific drivers before deleting them.

So on the Asus support page(s) for Z13 - the page is different depending on CPU/features - I see an Aura Wallpaper app which is a lite version of Armoury Crate. I think this is what you should be using?

I added another maintenance/repair tip to the list above.