cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone explain how aura creator + armory create integration works?

necroshine
Level 7
Hi all!

I'm not going to tell my awful story on using armory crate + aura creator right now, cause there are already a lot of posts about ton of problems, i'll leave that to another day.

What I really wanna ask is if anyone can explain me what's the idea behind this 2 software's and the integration between one another.

I Have only a Asus Rog Strix Scope Keyboard, so there's nothing complicated about my set up.

The first impression I had, was that I would be able to create "lighting patterns" with aura creator and then, using armory crate, I would sync those patterns to my keyboard, so I could swap them with the key combination (Fn + Directional keys).

But as soon as I use an Aura creator pattern, I can't use the key combination to switch to another pattern (or change brightness), I have to load armory create, unsync and choose another pattern (when it works)

I'm I doing it wrong? Can't I just sync my custom aura creator pattern to the keyboard?

Thank you!
22 REPLIES 22

Hey crowley, i think you need to tick one box there so the button appears and you can save your profile to the keyboard.

Tick this box, apply and you will then see the option you're missing.

Sauztriaco wrote:
Hey crowley, i think you need to tick one box there so the button appears and you can save your profile to the keyboard.

Tick this box, apply and you will then see the option you're missing.

No, that is not the same. That box only gives you access to the keyboard's "internal" profiles, not the custom ones created with aura creator. This would be fine, except you can not customize these profiles with Armory crate, only with the older Rog Armoury II that was replaced. (And that software didn't work properly either, and I guess never will since it's not updated anymore)

So the Uninstaller got released and seems to work fine for me. BUT: The problem I have detailed here, is not fixed with "clean" reinstall either!

I can not link custom aura effects to profiles, no matter what I do. The option is not there.

So, Rog Claymore Keyboard is simply not supported properly by the latest version?! This is getting really ridiculous. I Will keep upping this topic in the hopes that you will fix this bug.

It seems this is finally fixed. Need to do more testing but seems to work now.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Saving custom lighting to onboard memory was offered in Armoury II, you can use that If only using one device.
Aura Creator provides a level of customization far more complicated and the saved data could exceed the ROM capacity your device allows. The number of lighting zones, layers, effects, devices, and sequential timing has increased the complexity significantly. And so only 'preset lighting effects' can be stored in onboard memory profiles. You can still take the lighting profiles with you to another PC by using the import/export function. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply mate. I suspected it, AuraCreator makes profiles way too big for the onboard memory to handle, i understand that. But Armoury II is a complete bug infested piece of software. Its nearly IMPOSSIBLE to create a simple Layered per-key effect. Bugs out, keyboard needs reset, etc, etc. Its been 17 months since i purchased my Flare and to this day i haven't been able to customize the lightning and store to onboard memory. Again, for a $150 USD "premium" keyboard is absolutely not acceptable. In fact, its an insult. More so that in those 17 months ASUS could have fixed Armoury II but nope.

One thing is sure tho, this was the last asus product i purchase, period. And this is coming from a true consumer-fan. ASUS ROG Mobo, GPU, Monitor and Keyboard right here and since 2015 (3 sets of Mobo/CPU/GPU). My next upgrades will be with your competition.

OnlyAlex
Level 10

@MasterC Do I need to have Aura Creator installed? I uninstalled it and am very happy using Armoury Crate to control the basics of the RGB keyboard for my laptop, without creating any profiles. I'm just worrying whether uninstalling Aura Creator causes any problems to the functionality of Armoury Crate, does it delete any of the lighting services? Many thanks.

Aura Creator is optional, it's fine you don't want to install it.

OnlyAlex
Level 10

@MasterC Thank you, final question if you don’t mind, if I were to download Aura Creator at a later stage, how do I do that? If I go to download Aura Creator the support page for ASUS says you can deselect Armoury Crate but the installer won’t let you do that. As I already have Armoury Crate installed, how would I install Aura Creator. Would I just install both, would this cause any Armoury Crate problems for my current install, or do a clean uninstall of Armoury Crate before ? Thanks so much, it’s a bit confusing.

Aura Creator and Armoury Crate share the same installation file, just use that to choose what you'd like to install.

@MasterC Thank you, but it won’t let me deselect Armoury Crate from the installer file, it will only let me choose to install Aura Creator and Virtual Pet. I already have Armoury Crate installed so not sure what to do as I don’t want to install it again and it won’t let me unselect. Thanks again for your help.