Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync freeze when ASUS FX EHD-A2T is connected after a while

PWN3D_
Level 10
Hello there!

I have this problem with Aura sync in Armoury Crate:

The ASUS FX EHD-A2T Hard drive seems to freeze the whole Aura sync after being connected in a while (1-2 hours, but it can also do it after 10 minutes while using it). I usually unsync from Aura to prevent this issue but here is an other problem, it does not save the state in Armoury Crate, that means everything time I plug it in, it is automatically syncing with Aura Sync so I have to do it everytime I plug it...

Is anyone have this freezing problem too? Is there anyone from Asus that can check this issue that seems to be Armoury Crate related?

Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

xeromist wrote:
I would try leaving the Steam dongle unplugged for a while to see if you still have the issue. It could be a weird conflict.

For good measure I did some test, this time on the back usb ports, not the front panel. And same things happens; freeze after 1h. i also try using the hard drive while an other flashdrive was plugged; try to unplug the flashdrive after 10min/30min and nearly an hour. The third time did the trick and the RGB and the hardrive just turn off, same behaviour as the steal controller dongle, so I guess it's not it and it's not the front panel hub either.

I'll try to do more test before my clean install of windows; i'll report back if i find a something worth...

Well, back for more testing on a clean install of windows 11.

So i noticed that I can easily reproduce this problem (with aura freezing on the hard drive, the infinite loading in the Aura Sync peripherals menu ...) just by restarting the computer with the hard drive still connected.

During the windows login screen, Aura sync kicks in fine on every peripherals but as soon as I login, and Icue starts to sync the ram sticks ( I have some Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB SL), the rgb on the hard drive freeze and the infinite loading on Armoury Crate is back, that I can fix by unplugging the hard drive.

So it's maybe an Icue problem, a Icue aura pluggin problem or symply the hard drive firmware that need some tweaking (I tend to think it's that as that's the only Aura device that's cause this problem)

Oh and one last thing: as I was testing all my USB ports while doing this, I noticed that I can't restart my computer with the EHD-A2T plug to the USB passthrough of my keyboard (Asus Strix Flare); infinite restarting screen until I, once again, unplug the hard drive. I tested with all my external hard drives arround, and the EHD-A2T is the only one doing that probably cause it's the only one supporting Aura...

Alright, final post here,

I think that @Jimbo93 could be right about that motherboard device software bug.

I finally don't think that letting the EHD-A2T connected for certain period of time is causing any trouble after I let it for 4 hours, while transfering files here and there.

I think that is really have to do with the fact of pluging or unpluging an usb device while the EHD-A2T is connected, it doesn't like that and freeze its aura lighting and the aura of all the system everytime.

Unplug mouse? freeze...
Unplug keyboard? freeze...
Unplug Bluetooth dongle? you guessed it , freeze!
I even think that the Icue freeze on startup I reported earlier, is also caused by that "USB plugged windows sound" that Icue do on startup (already reported many times on there forums by a lot of people but I degress...)

So here is my spec, I hope somebody at Asus can do something about it...

I'll also report this problem to the Armoury Crate main issues thread.

AMD 3700X cooled by a Ryujin 360
Asus Strix X470 f-gaming latest bios and chipset
32 GO Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO SL CAS 16 (4*8GO sticks)
Asus Strix 2080ti OC