cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA com library does not see ROG STRIX RTX 3050

StuffOfInterest
Level 7
Early this year I built a new computer with an ASUS Z690 motherboard (PRIME Z690-P D4). One thing I wanted to take control of right away was the RGB lighting as I had RAM and fans that could be controlled. To do that I wrote a program (in C#) to use the AURA Sync library to detect and control all RGB enabled devices. It worked fine and I have a nice little program that monitors the monitor state and shuts off the lighting when the monitor turns off.

That was fine until about a week ago when I added an ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3050 video card. Armoury Crate sees the video card just fine and can control it. However, when I use the "IAuraSdk" interface to enumerate the controllable devices, I never see the video card. Here is an example of what I'm able to detect:

Device: ENE_RGB_For_ASUS0 (DRAM) with 5 lights in 5 x 1.
Device: ENE_RGB_For_ASUS1 (DRAM) with 5 lights in 5 x 1.
Device: ENE_RGB_For_ASUS2 (DRAM) with 5 lights in 5 x 1.
Device: ENE_RGB_For_ASUS3 (DRAM) with 5 lights in 5 x 1.
Device: Mainboard_Master (Motherboards) with 1 lights in 1 x 1.
Device: AddressableStrip 1 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 14 lights in 14 x 1.
Device: AddressableStrip 2 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 14 lights in 14 x 1.
Device: AddressableStrip 3 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 24 lights in 24 x 1.
Device: AddressableStrip 4 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 24 lights in 24 x 1.
Device: AddressableStrip 5 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 24 lights in 24 x 1.
Device: AddressableStrip 6 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 24 lights in 24 x 1.
Device: AddressableStrip 7 (LED strips controlled via motherboards) with 24 lights in 24 x 1.

Does anyone have an idea as to why the library can't see the video card when Armoury Crate is able to?
4 REPLIES 4

StuffOfInterest
Level 7
With two weeks without a reply here, is there a better forum for asking questions regarding the Aura Sync API?

Nate152
Hello Stuff0fInterest

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Not knowing exactly what you've done, I'll lean towards the program you wrote that's interacting with Armoury Crate having something to do with your ROG Strix RTX 3050 not showing up in the Aura Sync library.

I'm using the ROG Strix RTX 3090 Ti LC OC and it is showing in the Aura Sync library.

Click the pic to make it bigger.

VeryCrushed
Level 8
Try installing NVidia driver 512.95, if so you are running into the same issue as my community: https://github.com/ChromaControl/ChromaControl/issues/178

Nate if this is the case this seems to be a bug / issue in either nvidia drivers or the latest GPU Aura SDKs and should be forwarded to engineering.

VeryCrushed wrote:
Try installing NVidia driver 512.95, if so you are running into the same issue as my community: https://github.com/ChromaControl/ChromaControl/issues/178

Nate if this is the case this seems to be a bug / issue in either nvidia drivers or the latest GPU Aura SDKs and should be forwarded to engineering.

I'm already running 517.48, do you see any reason to downgrade?