cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Windows Dynamic Lighting Plug-in has failed to install

Gennady21
Level 8

ASUS Windows Dynamic Lighting Plug-in has failed to install, the error always is the same 4151

PS: And please fire the developer who doesn't know that Windows can be installed on more than just the C drive.
Or tell this “guru” that he needs to use SHGetShellFolderPath as Microsoft wrote in the documentation and not hardcode names.

31 REPLIES 31

You have to run it in the same directory as the installer.

It should be "C:\Program Files\ASUS\RLSDownload\ASUSWDLPlugin\4_HAL\17768\Temp\1.4.0.0\AacAmbientSetup.exe" /repair /silent /norestart

Yeah , I also tried that but no luck either 

Sorry it didn't work. I have an earlier post talking about maybe using the Uninstall Tool to remove Armoury Crate and try installing the plug-in before re-installing Armoury Crate, or wait for Asus to find and push a fix.

safiradara
Level 7

I understand that you are facing difficulties with the installation of the ASUS Windows Dynamic Lighting Plug-in, and I am here to assist you in resolving this issue. Installing software can sometimes be challenging, but let's explore several potential solutions to ensure the successful installation of the plug-in.

1. Verify System Compatibility:

• Ensure your system meets ASUS Windows Dynamic Lighting Plug-in requirements.
  2. Administrative Privileges:

• Run the installer as an administrator for proper permissions.
  3. Antivirus and Firewall Settings:

• Temporarily disable antivirus/firewall during installation.
  4. Clean Previous Installations:

• Uninstall previous versions and clean up residual files.
  5. Install in Safe Mode:

• Attempt installation in Safe Mode for minimal interference.
  6. Check System Updates:

• Update your OS and software before installation.
  7. Review Event Viewer Logs:

• Check Event Viewer logs for installation-related errors.
  8. Contact ASUS Support:

• Seek assistance from ASUS support for personalized help.
  9. Verify Plug-in Version:

• Download the latest plug-in version from the official ASUS website.
  10. Windows Compatibility Mode:

• Use Compatibility Mode to run the installer for older OS compatibility.
  11. Please read the solution at Ngobrol Games 

Where are the mods of this page , now they letting scammer impersonating them . Asus is so trash , I swear I will never use any of their product ever again . Flashy - yeah , but what is the point when there is no support 

You can clearly see that I suggested to submit a form to report this issue 3 weeks ago. Who is the scammer impersonating us? 

vxarctic has submitted a form, but we have not received anything from anyone else from this thread. Even though you are facing the same issue, it's possible the root cause is different. It is faster to let us help you. You need to first record a log and submit a form here

I wrote to you 3 weeks ago that the log file takes up 1 GB. Where is the answer to this?

ProUser
Level 9

@Gennady21 : you dont need logs from this asus folder, Just tick Logging On inside AC, then Restart application, retry you update, so logger can capture you action and then maybe errors on it, then Generate Log Data -> and voila you have only THAT-session LogFile.

It described here: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041654/  (This logE-files are encoded and not readable w/o asus internal tooling i think...) 

HtH 🙂

PS: they should really fire some AC devs and replace them with experts, because whole 5.7.x branch is buggy like hell 😞

@MasterC : Is there any way to read LogE ASUS logs as normal Text?

Do you think I didn't do that? There are still 1 GB of logs.
Ok, I'll show you with screenshots:115544226633

lordberti
Level 11

New Version:

ASUS Windows Dynamic Lighting Plug-in Version         1.9.0.0                 2023/12/14

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME | ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 OC | G.Skill F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5N | WD Black SN850X | PHANTEKS Glacier One 360 T30 Gen2 | LG OLED42C27LA | Phanteks NV7 | Seasonic PRIME-TX-1300 | Windows 11 Pro.