cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix 3080 rainbow effect not working

IRideOnPonies
Level 7
Finally received my Asus 3080 Strix card and when I power it on, on the light bar it does the rainbow wave effect which is the effect I want but as soon as I sign into windows and armoury crate kicks in, the rainbow effect changes to color cycle mode. Its literally the same effect. I've tried changing it back to rainbow in the armoury crate aura sync settings but the rainbow RGB setting is literally the same as the color cycle. How do I fix this or Asus please fix? I've uninstalled armoury crate and tried that but that just makes the RGB breathing red.

Using Asus B550-A strix motherboard.
19 REPLIES 19

Holmes7
Level 7
ROG Strix 3080 OC. Exact same problem. Still hasn't been resolved. Disappointed!

Zion_One-Eyed
Level 8
rainbow worked after bios update few months ago on my 3080 strix oc ..

How ironic. My Armoury is broken, and all I can get is rainbow (default), which I can't stand.

I build a new computer. MB Z590E gaming, GPU RTX 3080 Zotac Trinity OC LHR. Installed RGB software for GPU, GPU works fine but MB RGB now does not, goes blank after 5-10sec. The RGB software for MB does not recognize the MB RGB. Need your help.

can I know version of th bios?

DrPeterVenkman
Level 7
My 3080 Sttix OC RGB's dead out of box.. seems to function as a Video card just fine. Just unfortunate I had to pay such a premium and no Lights 😞

Hunter S. Thompson
-˙ǝɯ ɹoɟ ɥbnouǝ pɹıǝʍ uǝʇʇob ʇ,usɐɥ ןןıʇs ʇı ǝsnɐɔǝq ˙sןןnʞs ɹıǝɥʇ uo ʍɐub oʇ buıob ɯ,ı puɐ 'ɯǝɥʇ puıɟ oʇ buıob ɯ,ı 'ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇno ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ ɟı ¿ɥnɥ 'ǝןdoǝd ǝsoɥʇ ʞɔnɟ ˙ɥʇǝǝʇ uʍo ʎɹǝʌ ʎɯ ɥʇıʍ sןןnʞs ɹıǝɥʇ uo ʍɐub uɐɔ ı ןıʇ, ʇɐɥʇ ǝʌǝıןǝq oʇ buıob ɯ,ı ʞuıɥʇ ʇ,uop ı ʇnq 'ʍou ǝuob ɥʇoq ǝɹɐ uoxıu puɐ oןzɐן

rexbinary
Level 8
I just received an Armory Crate update today and now Rainbow and the other aura effects are working correctly with my 3070 Ti. I would hope it's fixed for the 3080 now as well. Starry night looks great now too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS 4602) | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE | PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850
Drives: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB x2, WD_BLACK 10TB HD | Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Dark Tinted Glass

Meropolis
Level 8
I have an Asus ROG MAXIMUS XIII Extreme board (latest bios) and the ROG Strix 3080, same problem. When this happens I fix it by un-syncing it from the Asus Armoury crate, then shut down my pc including the power supply switch. When I turn it back on the rainbow cycle works fine again. I s happened at least 5 times. I still don't know of a way permanent solution.

IRideOnPonies wrote:
Finally received my Asus 3080 Strix card and when I power it on, on the light bar it does the rainbow wave effect which is the effect I want but as soon as I sign into windows and armoury crate kicks in, the rainbow effect changes to color cycle mode. Its literally the same effect. I've tried changing it back to rainbow in the armoury crate aura sync settings but the rainbow RGB setting is literally the same as the color cycle. How do I fix this or Asus please fix? I've uninstalled armoury crate and tried that but that just makes the RGB breathing red.

Using Asus B550-A strix motherboard.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey Guys, please go to the thread below to report issues and remember to provide requested info in the OP (examples are provided).
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125522-Armoury-crate-v4-2-5-0-report-here-if-any-issues

KMBak
Level 7
I solved this issue. Armory Crate is total trash (sorry Asus). Old Aura Sync software not much better but at least without tons of unuseful addons.
So how I did it? And use old Aura Sync soft with new Strix 3080Ti.

Simple change "AacVGAHal" DLLs from Program Files\Asus with new files that Armory Crate installs. I know, I know - You dont want to install this s***. So...
Catch: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvxYZnf473QvgYYy6nrZsLb87hzpew?e=87mBPn

You find there Unsinstaller for Armory Crate and Aura Cleaner (if You have it now). I think You shoud do it first before going next step.
Then install again form this folder !AuraSync3080TiSupport (last offical Aura Syunc) and change new DLLs added in zip. It works for Maximus X and Maximus XI line motherboards.
For newer other hardware You can try tu use other newer DLLs I added also in here ASUS_Aura_DLLs__feb_2022_ripped_from_Armory.ZIP - test it on Your own.
Bugs? There are - all that in Aura software was still are. Yeah - Asus app development.

New, becasue of change? Yes. I found two. You have to know that there are two ways of RGB control by Aura software. One - I call it hardware based and other lets call it software based.
First - You choose effect - Static, Breathe or Color Cycle - Lighting Service enables it and stays in backgorud without CPU usage. Cycles are based on some internal clock (?).

Second - You choose effect - Rainbow, Comet, Wave, etc. - Lighting Service controls RGB changes in real time and all the time use small amout of CPU power. Similar work is done for example by Singal RGB app.

And what about bugs I found? Hardware based - Color Cycle is not synced with 3080Ti and Breathing too (also stips can flicker a little during breathe).
But software based control works like a charm and static color too!
Crazy (good meaing) that after DLL change Aura Sync support new GPU and all LEDs on 3080 works idependend - with rainbow effects etc. Earlier Asus cards like 2080Ti was single led channel - logo and light tubes).

I hope I helped.
K.M.Bak