cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Ryujin 240 not showing CPU Frequency any more in the Armory Crate HW Monitor

730522j
Level 7
Hi all, the OLED Display of my Ryujin 240 was nicely showing all the features including the CPU Frequency. After a couple of days since I've bought and installed the Ryujin, the CPU Frequency was gone from the menu and from the display itself obviously. I've noticed this happened after a notification in Armory Crate popped up when trying to access the Ryujin telling me that I need to update the device to continue using it. I mention that the Ryujin firmare was 0205 since I've installed it so basically I did not changed anything. I've first reset the settings on the Ryujin in Armory Crate, I've reset the motherboard BIOS, I've downgraded the Ryujin Firmware to 1206, I've changed the internal USB port of the Ryujin on the motherboard, then I've reinstalled Windows from scratch, I've tried using another motherboard (same chipset though => ROG Strix X570-F Gaming), but CPU Frequency still not available any more in the menu. My CPU is AMD Ryzen 7 3700x (overclocked to 4.5Ghz), but anyway when I've reset the MOBO BIOS the CPU frequency was also configured back to factory frequency of 3.6 GHZ.
Would you have any suggestions in helping me solve the issue? Did you receive similar complains? I've scouted and scraped the forums but I could only find a related issue where the CPU Frequency in the Ryujin OLED was stuck on 4GHz (not my case anyway).
I truly hope we can sort this out as I bought a premium device at a premium price and I'm not benefiting of it's full features.
Thanks and regards,
John.
15 REPLIES 15

Zion_One-Eyed
Level 8
yes i think it's gone
only voltage,fan ,temperature and water flow

Zion_One-Eyed wrote:
yes i think it's gone
only voltage,fan ,temperature and water flow

Thanks a lot for checking, at least I'm sure it's not hardware.
I've also opened up a ticket with ASUS so let's see what do they say officially.
I'm looking forward to having the CPU Frequency reading back.

Cheers!

Hi,

same here, I mentioned it after the last Armory Crate update onto 4.1.6.0...

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.12.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.06
Armoury Crate lite service 4.1.5
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.31
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.6
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.1.7.0
AacVGA 0.0.3.1
KingstonDram 1.1.6
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.08
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.31.3
PHISON HAL 1.0.6.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.3
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.1
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.12.0

Regards,
Thomas

Maybe somebody running an earlier version of Armoury Crate can check if they still have the CPU Frequency reading available?!
I'm on Armoury Crate 4.1.5 and the Frequency is gone.

Thanks all and regards,

John

It's the same for my ASUS ROG Ryuo 240 as well, CPU Frequency is just missing. Awesome hardware but ASUS can't code software to save their lives.

This Feature is useful
Armoury Crate Dashboard can detect CPU FREQ.

Why not just put the same reading hardware monitor to ryujin OLED DISPLAY

730522j wrote:
Maybe somebody running an earlier version of Armoury Crate can check if they still have the CPU Frequency reading available?!

Thanks all and regards,

John

I think thats because of the newer AMDRyzerMaster Device Driver, after i updated it to version 1.6.0, the cpu temps and frequency suddenly stopped working (it just shows 0°C and 0mhz). So i rolled it back to version 1.3.0. It works fine after that.

i hope the developers fix the new drivers

730522j wrote:

Thanks all and regards,

John

I got the same problem with the Ryujin 360 and I reset the settings and set it to "picture or animation" and then back to "hardware observation" and at 1. there is "temperature" combinied with "CPU temp." and earlier at 2. was "CPU" and "CPU freq.".There is no more "CPU" to set, but my OLED switches between "CPU temp." and "CPU freq." again. I don´t know why, but it´s still running again. I´ve directly translated from german to english, because I don´t know the naming of the menu in english. Perhaps I could help you for the first time until the next update.

dmichael wrote:
I got the same problem with the Ryujin 360 and I reset the settings and set it to "picture or animation" and then back to "hardware observation" and at 1. there is "temperature" combinied with "CPU temp." and earlier at 2. was "CPU" and "CPU freq.".There is no more "CPU" to set, but my OLED switches between "CPU temp." and "CPU freq." again. I don´t know why, but it´s still running again. I´ve directly translated from german to english, because I don´t know the naming of the menu in english. Perhaps I could help you for the first time until the next update.

thanks for sharing dmichael. I've tried this already but not working.