cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Framework Service starts cscript.exe on boot...need CONFIRMATION

MrFony
Level 7
Good morning,

a few days ago I installed a newer version of Armoury Crate, the AURA Service and the ASUS Framework Service/Core-SDK on my laptop. A few hours later I restarted my computer and noticed, that cscript.exe would be executed on boot. I immediately thought I had caught myself some malware. However, with Procmon I was able to trace the origin of the execution to the asus_framework.exe (process: ASUS NodeJS Web Framework).

I now believe, that no malicious software is behind this issue, however, it annoys me a fair bit. Can anyone confirm, that this is happening on their computer as well? Just want to be 100% sure that everything is safe (however, my Kaspersky did not find anything malware-related). I have an Asus ROG Strix Scar III (G531GW), so maybe it will not affect those with solely an Asus motherboard.

And finally, how may I disable this pop-up on startup? I cannot find it in the system configuration. Maybe it´s essential, but I just want to hide it, not disable it.

Thank you so much in advance for any information on this topic!

Regards
5 REPLIES 5

Wolli
Level 7
On my Computer this happens and on the Computer of my Friend also.
So i think its normal

Wolli wrote:
On my Computer this happens and on the Computer of my Friend also.
So i think its normal

Thank you!

Val_70
Level 8
A solution to hide the popup is opening the Task Scheduler, then the sub folder named ASUS, and modify the ASUS Framework entry by changing *the execution user account from User to System. Save the changes and restart the PC, the cscript command popup should no longer appear on screen every time the user logon into Windows.

Val_70 wrote:
A solution to hide the popup is opening the Task Scheduler, then the sub folder named ASUS, and modify the ASUS Framework entry by changing *the execution user account from User to System. Save the changes and restart the PC, the cscript command popup should no longer appear on screen every time the user logon into Windows.

It worked out for me. Thank you very much!

Val_70 wrote:

Thanks, works.