cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Fan Xpert does not set correct fan speeds after wakeup

manniakk
Level 7

Hello, i`m having problems with fan xpert since day one. I have Asus ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming with Asus ROG Ryuo III. The issue is that every time when the computer wakes up from sleep the fans will run on some default curve that is not set in fan xpert and the computer is too loud. I have to open fan xpert and just click on each group and they would start working again. I have also tried to set the speeds from the bios too but the issue still persist. Im using the latest fan xpert with the latest armoury crate. This is how it looks in the app and its clearly visible what the issue i

manniakk_0-1709537443796.png

manniakk_1-1709537490687.pngmanniakk_2-1709537520255.png

The issue does not happen if you reboot the computer or do a cold start. Any help is highly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hello @manniakk 

If adjusting in Q-FAN, I would disable the FanXpert service via Windows Services for the time being. On some products, FanXpert will try to take priority over Q-FAN even when disabled (bug due to be fixed shortly).

Disable the service, set the desired fan curves in Q-FAN and see if the issue persists when the system resumes from S3

Silent_Scone_0-1709545116098.png

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator

Hello @manniakk 

If adjusting in Q-FAN, I would disable the FanXpert service via Windows Services for the time being. On some products, FanXpert will try to take priority over Q-FAN even when disabled (bug due to be fixed shortly).

Disable the service, set the desired fan curves in Q-FAN and see if the issue persists when the system resumes from S3

Silent_Scone_0-1709545116098.png

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Thanks, this seems as workaround