cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArmouryCrate stuck on "Installing components for the Connected Devices"

mariusi3333
Level 7
I am trying to install for some weeks ArmouryCrateInstaller v3.0.11.0 (Win 10, ROG Strix G17 G712LW)
Did:
- used Geek Uninstall to remove all ASUS/AURA related: ASUS Framework Service, AURA lighting effect add-on, AURA lighting effect add-on x64, AURA Service, ROG Live Service
- used Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool V1.1.2.0
- restarted system
- used the installer but after a while it hanged on "Installing components for the Connected Devices and it fails after ~30min
Tried these steps multiple times in the last 2 weeks, including with firewall disabled.
Also, anything else I found posted in other threads (reddit, youtube) about this problem.
Windows is freshly installed (<1month).

I collected the logs from ProgramData here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m9Dj1quZkifI6Buu24Elk5ZWl4E5_iqn/view?usp=sharing

Contacted ASUS Support (EU) with clear indication it happens for other people, but they basically said "all these people have refused to reinstall Windows" and they can't do anything with the installation logs.
27 REPLIES 27

Picoooka
Level 9
I wanted to buy a Rog Delta S and a Rog Falchion but the crate software definitely disappointed me and now i am looking for another alternative.My Gladius III Wireless unfortunately currently on the ad for sale.See you when you release better software or provide Armory II support for all of the listed products.

Probably no one reads this from Asus support nor are they interested in user problematic.

SN1P3R1 wrote:
I wanted to buy a Rog Delta S and a Rog Falchion but the crate software definitely disappointed me and now i am looking for another alternative.My Gladius III Wireless unfortunately currently on the ad for sale.See you when you release better software or provide Armory II support for all of the listed products.

Probably no one reads this from Asus support nor are they interested in user problematic.

Dude, nobody needs Armoury Crate. It is completely unnecessary and your computer will run like a charm without it. In my case I liked it for controlling the fan speeds but I now do that from the BIOS without a hitch.

Super Gnome wrote:
Dude, nobody needs Armoury Crate. It is completely unnecessary and your computer will run like a charm without it. In my case I liked it for controlling the fan speeds but I now do that from the BIOS without a hitch.

For peripherals is required trust me.All settings are in the crate for Delta S or others devices.

SN1P3R1 wrote:
For peripherals is required trust me.All settings are in the crate for Delta S or others devices.

Well, I don't know. But those Delta S headphones work fine with other devices, like Playstation--and with no Armoury Crate. As for the features--yeah, my first Asus motherboard sound had a lot of things to tinker with, but most of them were useless and time wasters in my case. Leaving them alone got the best sound. Maybe your case is different.

I have three Asus motherboards, a Rampage III Black Edition (2011), a Rampage VI Omega Extreme, and a Crosshair VI Formula. All have loads of features that work fine without Armoury Crate. The ten year old motherboard worked better than ever when I could no longer use or install Armoury Crate. Read that again--as unbelievable as it is, it is absolutely true. Ten years later all of the features are fine and the motherboard and all of its features work as good as new.

As for the newer two, the only thing you can't control without Asus software is the RGB. But it only worked properly for a short while anyhow. There are switches in some of the newer BIOSes to shut it off, thank goodness.

As for Armoury Crate--in time it always messed up my systems--always. In every case reinstalling Windows was the only way out. Back years ago, had I known you don't need it I'd have saved myself a lot of hairs pulled out--no joke.

Picoooka
Level 9
New Asus Crate 3.1.0.0 from today and i get this message.They havent known how to fix software for two years.Big joke company 😄

DryreL
Level 9
I hate Armory Crate!! It broken when I try to update it. Now I'm trying to make it working again. I already did Uninstall Tool, restart, Install Tool but it gives error 502. WTF?

How do I solve this now? I have to control fan speed of my G14 2021.

DryreL wrote:
I hate Armory Crate!! It broken when I try to update it. Now I'm trying to make it working again. I already did Uninstall Tool, restart, Install Tool but it gives error 502. WTF?

How do I solve this now? I have to control fan speed of my G14 2021.

Yep tried everything too, Had enough of Asus products now, got an XG32VQ screen it arrived with dead pixels so sent back for replacement, the warrenty ran out on the replacement now and it also has recently developed dead pixels, Waste of 500GBP!!!...... cant install armoury crate, tried to uninstall it all using the tool but it gets stuck on "preparing the installation" cant use my rog delta headset to its full potential without it...total waste of 180GBP!!!! wont be buying another Asus product as long as I live....... only way i can sort this problem out is reinstalling windows...... So I have to do this every 3 or 4 updates when it fails to update again?? Garbage software....Let alone I have to Use Icue fix before I install armoury crate anyway because it doesnt play well with Icue and my Corsair RGB Ram, so for me its sell my Asus products, buy different brand, and never have to worry about even looking at Asus Product or armoury crate ever again...Problem solved

sblantipodi
Level 9

year passes, same problems, asus you suck