cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArmouryCrate stuck on "Installing components for the Connected Devices"

mariusi3333
Level 7
I am trying to install for some weeks ArmouryCrateInstaller v3.0.11.0 (Win 10, ROG Strix G17 G712LW)
Did:
- used Geek Uninstall to remove all ASUS/AURA related: ASUS Framework Service, AURA lighting effect add-on, AURA lighting effect add-on x64, AURA Service, ROG Live Service
- used Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool V1.1.2.0
- restarted system
- used the installer but after a while it hanged on "Installing components for the Connected Devices and it fails after ~30min
Tried these steps multiple times in the last 2 weeks, including with firewall disabled.
Also, anything else I found posted in other threads (reddit, youtube) about this problem.
Windows is freshly installed (<1month).

I collected the logs from ProgramData here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m9Dj1quZkifI6Buu24Elk5ZWl4E5_iqn/view?usp=sharing

Contacted ASUS Support (EU) with clear indication it happens for other people, but they basically said "all these people have refused to reinstall Windows" and they can't do anything with the installation logs.
27 REPLIES 27

dunno how you figured out this witchcraft but it worked for me as well. thanks!

pu239 wrote:
There is a bug in the installer which makes it just stop at "Installing components for the Connected Devices" if you choose to install both AC and AURA Creator (also AC... well)

So I tried a lot of stuff, and here is what worked no problems/hacky methods using just the provided uninstaller and installer tool https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Steps:
1. Uninstall Armoury Crate using the uninstall tool
2. Restart to fully apply changes
3. Open the Install Utility, and instead of selecting 'Both Armoury Crate and AURA Creator', choose to install only AURA Creator.
4. Installation will complete quickly -> Restart to fully apply changes
5. Confirm that AURA Creator is working fine (you can update the aura creator related stuff from the three dots menu inside it)
6. Open the Install Utility and now choose to install only Armoury Crate.
7. This should work, will take some tie. It would look like it gets stuck at "Installing components for the Connected Devices" but it will not be stuck this time, will be completed.
8. Restart to apply changes
9. done

SN1P3R1 wrote:
agree

guys i solved it: it never worked deleting asus folders, registry key etc. my installation was stuck on installing services....
the support told me to install the drivers from asusinswiz.exe from the esupport folder or reset the pc. the first option didn t work for me and i didnt want to reset my pc so i tried to update from win 10 to windows 11 downloading the setup from microsoft site and after a reboot of my pc the installation worked fine. try it and let me know

Reinstalling windows on a g713qr didnt work 😞

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please report this issue in the thread below, remember to provide requested info in the original post (read examples first).
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125522-Armoury-crate-v4-2-5-0-report-here-if-any-issues

Titos wrote:
Reinstalling windows on a g713qr didnt work 😞

This worked for me, but i still cannot control my RGB for Ram or GPU separately.

This mobo's RGB only worked once, and that was right after installing it and doing windows install. now, with the latest bios installed, there is no ability to turn off the lights...the toggle in the bios does nothing, whereas previously it would update the RBG live.

Miky2147 wrote:
Reinstall Windows for only 1 broken program? Unacceptable!

I have three Asus motherboards. Honestly, you don't need Armoury Crate. Fans can be controlled from the Bios. The rest of it is completely unnecessary bloatware. Also, over time it usually completely messes up your system. Updates stop working, etc etc.

In my experience, you do not install it in the first place. But I have, hoping it was finally going to work properly. Now though, after reinstalling Windows a few times, I have taken the legit advice of others on this forum saying don't install ANY Asus software unless it is absolutely necessary and NEVER install Armoury Crate. Three motherboards later, I completely agree and NEVER install any of it anymore and have never looked back or been happier.

Good luck.

Super Gnome wrote:
I have three Asus motherboards. Honestly, you don't need Armoury Crate. Fans can be controlled from the Bios. The rest of it is completely unnecessary bloatware. Also, over time it usually completely messes up your system. Updates stop working, etc etc.

In my experience, you do not install it in the first place. But I have, hoping it was finally going to work properly. Now though, after reinstalling Windows a few times, I have taken the legit advice of others on this forum saying don't install ANY Asus software unless it is absolutely necessary and NEVER install Armoury Crate. Three motherboards later, I completely agree and NEVER install any of it anymore and have never looked back or been happier.

Good luck.

Agreed about shouldn't have to reinstall Windows. The problem is installing, uninstalling, reinstalling Armoury messes up Windows so much, that's why they have to recommend it.

I have an RGB build, so I need Armoury Crate to control the lighting. Also it is the only way to access the Ryujin AIO's OLED screen which I like to have set to CPU temp.

So, unfortunately cannot NOT have Armoury. Wish I could!

cindernat wrote:

I have an RGB build, so I need Armoury Crate to control the lighting. Also it is the only way to access the Ryujin AIO's OLED screen which I like to have set to CPU temp.!

I have an ROG Rampage 6 Extreme Omega and an ROG Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard. The RGB on the Rampage motherboard would not work with ANY Asus software about six months after I built the rig with that motherboard. Now in the BIOS you can turn it all off. Hurray for that.

As for the the Crosshair motherboard, I never installed Armoury Crate with it in the first place. And in all honesty, I dont care one iota for RGB. It's all cosmetic garbage I wish I had the option to not pay for. In fact, if the cost of it went into making other components or the BIOS better, I might rate Asus better. I am too busy gaming, watching a flick or reading news to even pay the slightest attention to my case.

I also run HWMonitor virtually all the time to see the temperature of everything--GPU, CPU core temperatures, etc.

Peyman1354 wrote:
hi.i had similar issues which i managed to solve.i guess many people have this issue.
and the problem is after u uninstall everything there are still files in the registry key which need to be removed.hope this is help.

1-uninstall the aura and armoury crates with armuory crates uninstaller then restart ur pc

2-make sure u remove all of the files in the folder Locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS

C:\Program Files\ASUS

C:\ProgramData\ASUS

%LocalAppData%\ASUS

3-go under this Registry Entries folders and remove anything related to asus ,

a) Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\
b) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ASUS
c) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASUS
loctae all the Registry Entries and delete anything related to asus under those folders.

4:restart ur pc,turn off windows firewall or any others and try to install armoury crate again

hopefuly this will resolve ur issues.
let me know if u got questions.

Thank you soooo much! After trying multiple methods for about 3 hours this one finally worked.
I guess it had to do with either deleting all files from the named paths or registry point b or c. (Didn't do point a)

Picoooka
Level 9
Rog products = beautiful looking and big joke utilities.Gladius III wireless is my last asus product .. you could at least support Armory II as well as Chakram wireless for users who have a problem with Armoury crate stuck install.My Gladius III wireless is in the box for 1 month 😞