There is a bug in the installer which makes it just stop at "Installing components for the Connected Devices" if you choose to install both AC and AURA Creator (also AC... well)
So I tried a lot of stuff, and here is what worked no problems/hacky methods using just the provided uninstaller and installer tool https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/
1. Uninstall Armoury Crate using the uninstall tool
2. Restart to fully apply changes
3. Open the Install Utility, and instead of selecting 'Both Armoury Crate and AURA Creator', choose to install only AURA Creator.
4. Installation will complete quickly -> Restart to fully apply changes
5. Confirm that AURA Creator is working fine (you can update the aura creator related stuff from the three dots menu inside it)
6. Open the Install Utility and now choose to install only Armoury Crate.
7. This should work, will take some tie. It would look like it gets stuck at "Installing components for the Connected Devices" but it will not be stuck this time, will be completed.
8. Restart to apply changes
Reinstalling windows on a g713qr didnt work 😞
Reinstall Windows for only 1 broken program? Unacceptable!
Super Gnome wrote:
I have three Asus motherboards. Honestly, you don't need Armoury Crate. Fans can be controlled from the Bios. The rest of it is completely unnecessary bloatware. Also, over time it usually completely messes up your system. Updates stop working, etc etc.
In my experience, you do not install it in the first place. But I have, hoping it was finally going to work properly. Now though, after reinstalling Windows a few times, I have taken the legit advice of others on this forum saying don't install ANY Asus software unless it is absolutely necessary and NEVER install Armoury Crate. Three motherboards later, I completely agree and NEVER install any of it anymore and have never looked back or been happier.
I have an RGB build, so I need Armoury Crate to control the lighting. Also it is the only way to access the Ryujin AIO's OLED screen which I like to have set to CPU temp.!
hi.i had similar issues which i managed to solve.i guess many people have this issue.
and the problem is after u uninstall everything there are still files in the registry key which need to be removed.hope this is help.
1-uninstall the aura and armoury crates with armuory crates uninstaller then restart ur pc
2-make sure u remove all of the files in the folder Locations:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS
3-go under this Registry Entries folders and remove anything related to asus ,
loctae all the Registry Entries and delete anything related to asus under those folders.
4:restart ur pc,turn off windows firewall or any others and try to install armoury crate again
hopefuly this will resolve ur issues.
let me know if u got questions.