cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArmouryCrate software causing PC to Freeze which require unpluguing

mikcurieux
Level 7
Armoury Crate version 3.2.3.0
I have been having sporadic freeze on my computer for the past year or so. At first the blam was iCUE software, which freeze was less occuring when the software was uninstalled.
So I decide to do a clean install of Windows 11 Latest ISO.
Re-install software 1 at a time, and waited and see for stability.
When I got to Armoury Crate, PC started to Freeze almost right away (even there is an installation issue when ROG Batleus Qi is plug in, but easy to resolve, just keep it unplug during installation, when completed, and rebooted, plug back in, and software detect it, and install appropriate service).
No log is possible to be retreive, as PC is unresponsive, and require to be unplug in order to be back in service, nor there is event in Windows System or Application, this make it quite difficult to pinpoint what exactly cause the issue. Only thing I can say, is that for certain Armoury Crate is the problem.

I am not certain but the original issue may have started at a previous version, but can't confirm.

Right now, I am using AIDA64 for the RUJIN II display, but would really prefer Armoury Crate for the custom display.
iCUE is install, and computer is still very stable.
Computer Info:
Édition Windows 11 Professionnel
Version 22H2
Date d'installation ‎2023-‎01-‎18
Version du système d’exploitation 22621.1194
Expérience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0
Processor: AMD 5900X
Memory: 128 GB G.Skill Trident Z
Drive: M.2 NVME Samsung 980 1 TB
Motherboard: ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Aura Product:
ROG Balteus Qi
ROG RYUJIN II 360
ROG Strix Scope RX
ROG Sparta X
ROG Windwall

Anyone else experience similiare issues ?
5 REPLIES 5

DocratesCR
Level 9
I can confirm armoury crate freezes my computer on information panel...

JesterMaroc
Level 8

I have the same problem. Specs:
Ryzen 5600 - Asus ROG Strix E Gaming Wifi II - Radeon 6600xt

I had constant freezes, basically daily. I tried drivers, uninstalled a ton of software, stopped running stuff in the background (Spotify, Discord, clients/launchers, etc), nothing worked. Then I uninstalled Armoury Crate. Bang, the issue totally disappeared, haven't had a single freeze, and its been almost a week now. The sad part is I am unable to control the RGB or fan speed via the motherboard. Wish Asus could fix this for us.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13

I am sorry. what version?  current version is 5.6.8.0

MrAgapiGC_0-1689776906759.png

Learn, Play Enjoy!

I am not sure. I uninstalled and only came here after I searched for alternative software to help control my fans and ARGB. I generally allow automatic updates, so I assume the suite would have self-updated to the latest.

Well that was a very old one then

If you are running or using the last version you can report the issue here 

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/armoury-crate/armoury-crate-v5-6-8-0-aura-creator-v3-6-9-0-report-here...

Learn, Play Enjoy!