cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate - will not install - ROG Strix X570-E motherboard

ForkWNY
Level 8
I've tried 6 ways to Sunday to get Armoury Crate to install on my system (ASUS Strix X570-E motherboard) after Armoury Crate lost the abilty to update itself back in late November/Early December (it worked fine for almost a year). No matter what I do, I cannot get this software to install. It gets about halfway through the install process, and throws an "installation failed" error message.

I used the ASUS uninstall tool, restart, then I proceeded to install using the installer from 2021/1/15, no dice. I know there are dozens of posts on forums complaining about this issue, a video on YouTube that suggests installing an old standalone Aura followed by an older Armoury Crate install (that doesn't work either), among others. Cannot get this software to install no matter what I do. Any suggestions??
2 REPLIES 2

ForkWNY
Level 8
Steveo_ wrote:
disable the windows firewall when you are installing the aura thing , only do it once you have started,

Click the defender icon on bottom right, firewall and network protection, then click each one and turn off

only once you have started it

Thanks for the tip - I leave Windows firewall disabled by default on my gaming rig. No reason to block any traffic within an internal network (the router/firewall takes care of that on the perimeter). I also don't run any A/V software on the system.

I've read posts about disabling Armoury Crate in the BIOS in order for the Uninstall to work 100%. Is this true or does it not really matter?

Latest Armoury Crate from 1/25 finally installed properly, version 3.0.11.0.