cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate we need to have a word

marksmith85
Level 9
About a week ago decided to go in on the Claymore II. Coming from Logitech Mouse, keyboard and headset my mindset was to goto one piece of software for majority of my devices starting with keyboard.

Tested out Armoury Crate (AC) at my local shop (SCAN in UK btw if your in the NW check if out) had a dabble on demo unit of the keyboard so took the plunge. I know AC had some issues but thought I could work past them, oh man I was wrong!

First of all finding out you could not set scenario profiles to automatically switch to a locally stored profile was annoying (your limited to 6 onboard device stored profiles).

I like to setup custom per key lighting for each game (so WASD one colour weapons another etc). Whilst you can do this in Aura Creator you must have Aura sync enabled and always sync to the default device that being my x570e MB. Okay not too much of an issue there BUT!!!! With Aura sync enabled you can't edit profiles on your keyboard either locally or device stored.

So to apply a macro you have to turn Aura sync off, set which key you want the macro to run on, save that profile locally so you have a backup, apply that local profile to one of the 5 on the keyboard (6 is always default) then turn on Aura sync again!

The number of times I had AC either crash when trying to load the keyboard manager, or had to restart my PC because the device could not be detected. Random issues where turning Numlock on/off would instead turn caps lock on/off. Then if turned scroll lock on/off that would start to turn numlock or capslock on/off.

Now that issue did seem to get fixed in a recent firmware update but getting that fireware update to apply was a nightmare.

Connect the device direct VIA USB C check, turn off USB pass through check, connect numpad check Error! Make sure your device is connected via cable and USB pass through is turned off... Eh What am I going blind or mad here? Finally found a forum post explaining it was an error with AC where the individual update button for the device would cause the error, you had to select Update All instead for it to apply.

I've also recently fallen foul of the RGB RAM sync problem with my Ballistix RGB however that appears to have been fixed with last nights HAL update.

I love Asus hardware, I am a bit of an ASUS fanboy (just look at the number of ASUS components in my Spec you will see its a serious addiction).

What's worse is I know ASUS can make good software, BIOS amazing, AI Suite 3 Love it, GPU Tweak 2 (used 3 a bit as well) Simple easy to use never had any issues with it whatsoever.

But Armoury Crate really needs to improve. On my partners PC its again ASUS MB but all corsair fans, keyboard and AIO so uses iCUE. Whilst that also has its problems she never has any of the range of problems or limitations I seemed to suffer with AC.

In the end I decided to Return the Claymore II and go back to Logitech for peripherals for now.

Please Asus take note of people's comments in these forums, implement the requests for improvements and fixes.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to share my experience.
2 REPLIES 2

Jimbo93
Level 12
Based on the description of problems with pages loading and such it sounds unusable. Nobody would expect you to run it if its acting that way, least of all the company that produces it. What might help in those situations is a complete step by step of how system was setup and the logs from Armoury Crate any windows error logs etc submitted per the sticky thread. It was simply a broken install for reason unknown.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Based on the description of problems with pages loading and such it sounds unusable. Nobody would expect you to run it if its acting that way, least of all the company that produces it. What might help in those situations is a complete step by step of how system was setup and the logs from Armoury Crate any windows error logs etc submitted per the sticky thread. It was simply a broken install for reason unknown.

I did submit a trouble ticket with armory crate logs around the issue with the rgb ram being a problem.

I've experienced issues in the past with AC randomly not being able to load a hardware page normally a restart of the AC services normally sorts it out. I found the limitations of profile editing and customization to be my main issue with AC when compared to G-Hub.

G-hub is no way perfect and they claymore keyboard from a hardware pov was amazing as tbh I find with all Asus hardware to be excellent quality.

Hope in the future they improve customization options and I can give it another try.