cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate vs or and AI Suite 3

tirreus
Level 8
Hi guys,

I am new to the ASUS ROG universe and built my first desktop with ASUS motherboard.
I am confused by initial offer (on support download page) of two seamingly similar utilities SWs - Armoury Crate and AI Suite 3.
What is the difference between those? (I do not want to install until I know if I need them both, just one or none)
Do I understand correctly that Armoury Crate is the newer SW and all functions of AI Suite 3 are contained in Armoury Crate making AI Suite 3 not needed?

I am really confused. Information on support download page is not sufficient to understand and make decisions to install ot not.

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

Jimbo93
Level 12
tirreus wrote:
Hi guys,

I am new to the ASUS ROG universe and built my first desktop with ASUS motherboard.
I am confused by initial offer (on support download page) of two seamingly similar utilities SWs - Armoury Crate and AI Suite 3.
What is the difference between those? (I do not want to install until I know if I need them both, just one or none)
Do I understand correctly that Armoury Crate is the newer SW and all functions of AI Suite 3 are contained in Armoury Crate making AI Suite 3 not needed?

I am really confused. Information on support download page is not sufficient to understand and make decisions to install ot not.

Thanks.

My understanding is that depending on hardware some or all functions of AI suite 3 are moved to armoury crate. In my case best results are probably when I install AI suite 3 first and armoury crate after. But either way it works I just notice slightly better performance characteristics the first way. If its on your support page you probably want it. For fan tuning and control and digi-Vrm on my system I need AI suite 3.

Jimbo93 wrote:
My understanding is that depending on hardware some or all functions of AI suite 3 are moved to armoury crate. In my case best results are probably when I install AI suite 3 first and armoury crate after. But either way it works I just notice slightly better performance characteristics the first way. If its on your support page you probably want it. For fan tuning and control and digi-Vrm on my system I need AI suite 3.

Thanks for answer, so it looks I will need both... And thank you for sharing also sequence of installation. I will, of course, wait for more replies, if any...

Ribellu
Level 10
tirreus wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks.

If you have a 6 series MB to be able to adjust your fans you must use Armory Crate, because AiSuite 3 no longer supports fan management with the 690 series...

Ribellu wrote:
If you have a 6 series MB to be able to adjust your fans you must use Armory Crate, because AiSuite 3 no longer supports fan management with the 690 series...

I am AMD guy 😉 I have X570 board...

squeezy
Level 7
Hi, I have a new ROG Strix X570-F Gaming and have installed Armoury but do I need AI suite 3 as well?
Cheers
David

MJr418
Level 8
In Armoury Crate you can change fan settings "silent - Standard - Turbo - Full speed" but in AI suite you may set fans curves, when to speed up and slow down as you wish.

Hey how about the senario profiles? I first got the MSI Meg x570 and was happy that I could set the power settings balanced/saver/turbo/overclock right from the app and bind them with specific apps. But when the mobo failed to work with R5900x any more I moved to ROG Crosshair Hero VIII which was my initial choice actually didn't get it coz of unavailability before. Anyway I see no such function is in the armory crate app and AIsuite is also a crap coz I cannot un-overclock it from there. I have to go to the bios and reset everything including stuff I need unchanged. 

So my question is, is the feature truly missing of is my install bad?