cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate V5.7.6.0 & V5.7.9.0 / AURA Creator V3.7.6.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

A new Armoury Crate major release is now available. This is the official thread to report issues.

Please Read First:

Uninstall legacy Aura Sync software if already installed.
Always uninstall Armoury Crate using our uninstall tool (DO NOT remove or delete manually) - now included in the standard installer (right-click on icon in Windows Start Menu)

Uninstall.png

DO NOT delete files manually after uninstalling Armoury Crate
DO NOT modify the registry
Try to perform a power cycle to resolve lighting issues (shutdown and unplug power supply for at 30 seconds)
Forms MUST be completed and submitted in order to be processed.
Forms from non-forum members will NOT be processed
Must post a brief description in this thread (do this before filling in a form) to receive status updates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Must read before reporting issues:

1. THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR GENERAL CHAT, please report issues ONLY (try to find related threads or create a new one)
2. Try to reboot the system after updates are installed, and check again.
3. DO NOT report issues if facing improper uninstallation or registry issues - please resolve first
4. Revert system to stock speeds to check if errors are caused by excessive overclocking (even if overclock was stable previously)
5. Verify and confirm issues before reporting (do not make multiple posts while still in the process of troubleshooting)
6. Post a brief description of your issue in this thread (less than 50 words)
7. Record and generate a log (change the extension from .LogE to .txt). Prepare some screenshots and photos if applicable.
8. Complete the online Google form: Click HERE  to submit a form
9. Save the link to the form in case you need to revise or upload additional files (do not submit multiple form for the same issue).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to record a log

MasterC_1-1700099293189.png

First, check the Record log box to start recording (Setting/About/App diagnostics)
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having (reboot if necessary - the log tool will keep running)
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice. (Avoid locations synced to OneDrive)
Stop the recording
Remember to upload this log file to the Google Form (change file extension to .txt first)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is my product supported in Armoury Crate & Aura Creator?
Note: There is a separate list for Aura Creator compatibility.
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1042459

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation Error?

Download and install Armoury Crate Lite Log Tool v1.0.6.0
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Lite_Log_Tool.zip

For more info:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041654/
Fill in the Google Form and attach the generated log there.

Download Update:

Please install using Armoury Crate Installer V3.2.6.1 (approx: 2 MB), download link here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/ArmouryCrateInstallTool.zip

Full installation package V1.1.2.2 (approx: 3GB) here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Full_Installation_Package.zip
(V5.6.8.0 will be installed without internet connection, requires internet connection to upgrade to V5.7.6.0)

Release Notes:

See Release Notes 

666CZR
Level 10

ASUS Windows Dynamic Lighting Plug-in 2.0.0.0 breaks Aura Sync and the only way to keep it functional is to avoid installing it. It has nothing to do with how I set Dynamic Lighting from Windows. Did about 5-6 clean AC installs each time with different settings, like:

• Dynamic lighting turned OFF for all devices (all my Logitech peripherals show up there and work as intended)
  • Dynamic lighting turned ON only for one device.
  • DL turned ON with Armory Crate on top of the priority list

No matter what I set in Windows, AC will lose Aura Sync once I install Windows Dynamic Lighting Plug-in 2.0.0.0

I also tried removing C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LastProfile.xml and rebooting so it gets recreated. With that DL plugin installed, this file has 509KB. Without it (and working) it only has 44KB. Tried saving and overwriting with no luck either. LightingService will keep crashing.

Spoiler
Faulting application name: LightingService.exe, version: 3.7.33.0, time stamp: 0x65695003
Faulting module name: LightingService.exe, version: 3.7.33.0, time stamp: 0x65695003
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00316d3f

The only available "fix" is to manually update/install all the other updates/modules without touching the "Update All" button to avoid installing that buggy Dynamic Lighting plugin

Stupid question...how could Logitech implement a fully working integration with Windows DL ? Another stupid question...how can you keep releasing updates on such a buggy software (since day one) and not hire a team to write a new one from scratch?

Seems like a stupid idea right now to migrate all my peripherals from Logitech to Asus ...

Just another sad customer with 90% of your available ecosystem already bought...

X670E-E MB, BIOS 1903.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.7.9.0
ROG Live Service 2.3.6.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.07.33
Armoury Crate lite service 5.7.9
Aura Wallpaper Service Not installed
Aura SDK 3.04.39
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.2.14.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.20
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.3.9.6
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.9.0
ASUS FanCard HAL 1.1.4
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.40
AacAudioHal 1.3.62.0
KingstonDram 1.1.33
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.25
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.48.6
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.10.3
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.8
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.1.0.3
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.7
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme [1905] | Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X | G.Skill F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO | 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 | ROG RYUJIN III 360 ARGB | ROG Thor 1200P | ROG Chakram X | ROG Strix Flare II | ROG Theta 7.1 | ROG Cetra True Wireless | ROG Balteus Qi | ROG Carnyx | ROG Eye S | ROG Aura Terminal | ROG Throne | ROG Spotlight | ROG Strix Arion | Windows 11 Pro

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

Have you gone through the FAQ?

If you are still having issues, please fill in a report as requested in the OP. None from you was received. Thanks.

Note: this post should be linked with https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/armoury-crate/armoury-crate-v5-7-6-0-amp-v5-7-9-0-aura-creator-v3-7-6-...

Of course I did, however, I decided to spend another 2 hours debugging this. I'm not sure how much the log could help but in the end I concluded this:

- Installing ASUS Windows Dynamic Lighting Plug-in 2.0.0.0 adds a folder in C:\Program Files\ASUS named AacAmbientHal - LightingService won't crash as long as ArmoryCrateService is stopped. Starting AC crashes LS
- Per-device lighting still works even if Aura Sync was not detecting ANY device
- regenerating LastProfile.xml results in a huge (10 times larger) file after installing this WDL plugin. Using the old (working) xml still didn't help.

However, I managed to get a "fix" if you could call it that way...
These are the steps I took:

• backup C:\Program Files\ASUS, C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS and C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService
  • install ASUS Windows Dynamic Lighting Plug-in 2.0.0.0
  • manually stop all related services (ArmoryCrate, LightingService, all AAC and HAL services etc)
  • overwrite all 3 folders with previous files
  • delete C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LastProfile.xml
  • reboot

AuraSync is working now, WDL plugin appears as installed (not sore if it does anything but at least I got rid of the install/update notification). There's no device detected through WDL plugin (Yes, followed steps in FAQ) but at this point I don't care so much.
I know this isn't a proper way to deal with it but...

Uploaded log and filled in the form.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme [1905] | Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X | G.Skill F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO | 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 | ROG RYUJIN III 360 ARGB | ROG Thor 1200P | ROG Chakram X | ROG Strix Flare II | ROG Theta 7.1 | ROG Cetra True Wireless | ROG Balteus Qi | ROG Carnyx | ROG Eye S | ROG Aura Terminal | ROG Throne | ROG Spotlight | ROG Strix Arion | Windows 11 Pro

Terepin
Level 8

After the game takes control of lighting, opening AC makes the game to lose control over it and it fails to regain it. While AC was recording this log, game failed to gain control completely.

EDIT: I got it wrong. It was the scenario profile that was overriding it. So if the game that controls the lighting has a scenario profile in AC, the game will lose the control over it and fail to regain it.

Crowemium
Level 7

Unable to control RGB of G10DK case using Armoury Crate.  Effect settings on aura sync tab do nothing.  Settings on system lighting tab do not take effect unless aura sync is enabled then disabled.

TheCoach
Level 7

After updated to ver 5.7.9.0., using the wired mouse (ROG Keris Wireless) while gaming or just watching youtube, occasionally stop working for 1s, maybe freeze,  then, after 10s, all the lights flickers on all other devices like is reconnecting or changing the input type, but with delay effect. At the moment of freeze only the mouse is not working, everything else is in order (keyboard, display, everything is working, no lags or freeze of the screen). USB device for wireless connection is not connected, and there is no bluetooth option connectivity.  

a_nekooee
Level 8

hello again. i guess they meant next year they will fix my problem cause i cant see any update for Armoury Crate.
this is what they told me from asus support:

Dear Arash Nekooee,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support.

I have an answer from our headquarter.

See the answer below:

Dear joke:
Is the customer's problem that the driver cannot be updated in the armory crate? This problem will be solved in the new armory crate released on 1/22, thank you

So wait till 22-1 and than the problem must be solved

I have made a ticket to our headquarter and hope they will find a solution for your problem

pass ticket:

P24010000126

Kind Regards,
Joke_K

Asus Holland Bv.

666CZR
Level 10

Later update from my previous post (https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/armoury-crate/armoury-crate-v5-7-6-0-amp-v5-7-9-0-aura-creator-v3-7-6-...)

Ok so today I updated ASUS Windows Dynamic Lighting Plug-in from 2.0.0.0 to 2.7.0.0.
Aura Sync still works even if it doesn't seem to be able to control other non-Asus devices. I just ordered ROG mouse+keyboard+headsets+mouse pad so I won't care about Windows Dynamic Lighting anymore.

aura sync.png

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

To resolve the handles leak issue, please install the Windows Dynamic Lighting HAL update. 

image.png

@MasterC wrote:

To resolve the handles leak issue, please install the Windows Dynamic Lighting HAL update. 

image.png

THANK YOU -- I updated this today and the lightingservice.exe handle leak appears to be fixed. 

I still want to express my displeasure with the inability to "roll-back" to a previous version when stuff like this happens.  This problem caused me (and others) significant interruption and time loss, with no way to fix it but wait WEEKS for an update.   I wish that could be addressed.

Nevertheless, thank you for the update, it seems to be working great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3