cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v5.6.3.0 Issues

Mardorr
Level 9

There is already another post about this, but for extra attention I will make my own as well. FanXpert can not be updated in the v5.6.3.0, which results in being unable to control our fans. It comes with the following error: "Sorry, we cannot finish the installation. please restart the system and retry. (error code: 238)"

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, tried with package from the mobo, tried with full installer, anything. Eventually it will try to update and fail.

On top of that some other neat feature was introduced, smoother rgb.... yay! But of course it breaks the rgb lighting control. The problem i had months ago with my RAM modules is now back after it was fixed in previous releases.

I payed 900 euros for my ROG Maximus z690 Extreme. I would sincerely hope that after more than a year the software department can finally deliver a stable piece of software!! This motherboard depends on it, the animatrix can only be controlled with AC. Also the addon fan controller can only be operated with this software...

So instead of giving some unneeded smooth rgb, what would really really help us all is an option to check for updates. Once we finally have a stable situation, give us at  least the opportunity and choice to keep it! I do not always need the latest and greatest. I need this software to be 100% stable all the time, since my motherboard simply won't function properly without it.

If you absolutely want to help your customers, give us an option to update the software with an option to revert back (including settings) if things go wrong.

Btw, I just tried signalrgb, it works! Apart from the animatrix of course. That stays on even when the pc is off and is stuck in the same animation. You might want to take a look at that software to see how rgb software can be done. But it is not a favorable solution to go out and use third party software, specially since i have more Asus products which now also stopped functioning properly.

I am highly disappointed and frustrated to have such a potentially great motherboard being so dependent on such unstable software.

16 REPLIES 16

Leving_PT
Level 9

Uma solução temporária que encontrei para quem tem um backup ou usa Acronis e tem um backup anterior, faça uma recuperação, para desativar as atualizações automáticas do Armory Crate: Para impedir que os aplicativos Armory Crate
UWP e Aura Creator UWP sejam atualizados automaticamente, por favor siga os passos abaixo.
*Observação: quando a atualização automática está desativada, essa configuração se aplica a todos os aplicativos instalados da Microsoft Store (não exclusivamente para Armory Crate e Aura Creator).

1. Acesse a Microsoft Store

2. Clique no ícone “Fazer login” à direita da barra de título e, em seguida, clique em “Configurações do aplicativo”

3. Desative “Atualizações de aplicativos” para desativar a atualização automática.
*Observação: quando a atualização automática está desativada, essa configuração se aplica a todos os aplicativos instalados da Microsoft Store (não exclusivamente para Armory Crate e Aura Creator).

4. Ao abrir o Armory Crate depois, pode parecer que ele foi atualizado e marque "Não atualize neste verão"! ...e aguarde a resolução do problema ou receba feedback da comunidade!

Versão do item esta versão ANTIGA é OKK!! 😜 03-05-2023 ---- ------- Armory Crate UWP App 5.4.10.0 ROG Live Service 2.0.6.0 Aura Service (Serviço de iluminação) 3.06.20 Armory Crate lite service 5.4.10 Aura Wallpaper Serviço não instalado ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.2.1.0 ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.18 ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.3.9.4 AacVGA 0.0.4.3 KingstonDram 1.1.18 AURA DRAM Component 1.1.23 ENE RGB HAL 1.1.40.3 ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.10.1 PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0 Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.5 Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.1.0.2 Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.4 WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

Sem fsdfsfd1.png

3DG
Level 10

Perfect @Mardorr , we need a place with versions for download and installation without internet, that we clearly have the word "stable" after the version or "beta" and that everyone can choose what they want to install! And yes, we need 100% stable software! See this post that MasterC opened, I think this is the place where we should charge them this:

Release Notes: Armory Crate v5.6.3.0 / AURA Creator 3.6.5.0

ASUS IS WHAT WE NEED

1. Versions for download with installation without internet and without automatic updating, may have a choice, but that the update is disabled by default.

2. Next to each name and version for download, put the words Stable or Beta.

3DG
Level 10

Well that, we are living a nightmare with all this! We need installers marked with version numbers and stating whether it's stable or in beta for download and installs over the internet! In the other post we already have more than 25 thousand views and if Asus hasn't done anything until now, that's the end!

zachdesu
Level 8

Having the same issue with "FanEpert", on top of which Fast Charge notification keep appearing when nothing capable of being charged is plugged in.

Also, when system goes to standby, the Aura effects just go haywired and you have to relaunch Armoury Crate when rewaking your PC to fix it.

marti77
Level 9

My solution about Armory crate is that uninstall it.

I have used it  on three different motherboards z370,z390 and x570 and the x570 it could controll rgb sometimes but its still very buggy.

Wait for microsoft dynamic lighting feature to be available so you can controll rgb after that and hope that they can get it working.

The fan control i hardly never use so i don't know in what state that is in and the two fans that i have connected to motherboard i control them in bios all other fans i have a aquaero 6 controller that do the job and  Aquasuite software is working 100%.

Roachman43
Level 9

My AC as been working fine since applying the fix/work around found in this forum, I have updated it too, fx plugin update other day, fanxpert is still working after this update so all is fine here for now

Asus Rog Strix Z790-F | Intel i7 13700 KF | Asus Nvidia GeForce RTX 4080 TUF | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16GB | Asus Rog Strix LC II 240 | Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB | MSI MPG A850G PCIe5 ATX 3.0 | Win 10 | Asus Rog Strix Scope TKL | Asus Rog Gladius II Origin

Tatanovich
Level 8

Yes i tested that fan Xpert recently when bought last board 2 month ago and i gave up.

Set you fans in Bios ,always work well,is simple and safer.
These Asus apps such as Suite and others included never worked well. Is a long problem.

I only use armory crate to set rgb´s.