cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate V5.6.3.0 / AURA Creator V3.6.5.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

A new Armoury Crate major release is now available. This is the official thread to report issues.

Please Read First:

Uninstall legacy Aura Sync software if already installed.
Always uninstall Armoury Crate using our uninstall tool (do not remove manually) - now included in the standard installer (right-click on icon in Windows Start Menu)

Uninstaller.png
DO NOT delete files manually after uninstalling Armoury Crate
DO NOT modify the registry
Try to perform a power cycle to resolve lighting issues (shutdown and unplug power supply for at least 60 seconds)
Forms MUST be completed and submitted in order to be processed.
Forms from non-forum members will NOT be processed
Must post a brief description in this thread (do this before filling in a form) to receive status updates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Must read before reporting issues:

1. THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR GENERAL CHAT, please report issues ONLY (try to find related threads or create a new one)
2. Try to reboot the system after updates are installed, and check again.
3. DO NOT report issues if facing improper uninstallation or registry issues - please resolve first
4. Revert system to stock speeds to check if errors are caused by excessive overclocking (even if overclock was stable previously)
5. Verify and confirm issues before reporting (do not make multiple posts while still in the process of troubleshooting)
6. Post a brief description of your issue in this thread (less than 50 words)
7. Record and generate a log (change the extension from .LogE to .txt). Prepare some screenshots and photos if applicable.
8. Complete the online Google form: https://forms.gle/SfKwJkSyxq4urn9PA
9. Save the link to the form in case you need to revise or upload additional files (do not submit multiple form for the same issue).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to record a log
How to Record a log.png

First, check the Record log box to start recording (Setting/About/App diagnostics)
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having (reboot if necessary - the log tool will keep running)
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice. (Avoid locations synced to OneDrive)
Stop the recording
Remember to upload this log file to the Google Form (change file extension to .txt first)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is my product supported in Armoury Crate & Aura Creator?

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1042459

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation Error?

Download and install Armoury Crate Lite Log Tool v1.0.6.0
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Lite_Log_Tool.zip

For more info:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041654/
Fill in the Google Form and attach the generated log there.

Download Update:

Please install using Armoury Crate Installer V3.2.6.1 (approx: 2 MB), download link here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/ArmouryCrateInstallTool.zip

Full installation package V1.1.2.2 (approx: 3GB) here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Full_Installation_Package.zip
(V5.3.4.0 will be installed without internet connection, requires internet connection to upgrade to V5.6.3.0)

Release Notes:

Release Notes - Republic of Gamers Forum (asus.com)

Same here. Zephyrus M16 2021.

Spyke9129
Level 8

Hi Everyone,

I just had a little update for my B550-E motherboard on 2023/05/12 through Armoury Crate, probably for the RGB controlling. Since then I experience wierdness on my Rog Strix Flare II Animate. Well, actually on the anime matrix part, some "lights" are automatically on and they won't turn off. They shine with like 30-50% strength I think. Even if the anime matrix is turned off. I never had issues with it just after the update. I already tried to remove Armoury Crate with the removal tool and then reinstall but the problem is the same. 😞 Maybe it has to do something with the Flare II firmware?

Anyway here are some versions:

Armoury Crate 5.6.3.0
GameSD Service 1.0.5.0
ASUS HAL Central 20230411
ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING 3.2.1.2
Addressible LED Strip 20210205
ROG-STRIX-RTX3070Ti 3.2.1.2
ROG PUGIO 3.2.1.2
ROG DELTA 3.2.1.2
ROG STRIX FLARE II ANIMATE 3.2.1.2
Memory 20210222

Also another side thing, although I think it's not related to the armoury crate software, but who knows, the RGB lights on two of my RGB fans on my Cooler Master ML360 Illusion also stopped working or partially working, one fan is fully okay. Just wanted to highlight this too because all of my fans, including the AIO fans and case fans (since those are RGB too) are controlled by the motherboard through Armoury Crate. And also my two SSDs are RGB and controlled by AC, sooo yea. 😛 I know too much RGB, but they were working without any problem and perfectly. :3 But maybe it's relevant in resolving the issue of the Flare II Animate.

argotmythodical
Level 9

Screenshot 2023-05-16 184337.jpgScreenshot 2023-05-16 185720.pngScreenshot 2023-05-16 185722.jpgI have an Asus ROG Mothership GZ700GX

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎11/‎17/‎2022
OS build 22621.1702
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0

The issue I have had for a long time has actually gotten better with this update, but the issue is still present.
The System lighting checkbox and menu disappears under certain circumstances.

1) If a new device is plugged in.

2) If you reboot with Aura Sync enabled

3) If more than one Aura Sync device is plugged in

Issue 2 is that the backlit and detachable keyboard will not light up if Aura Sync is enabled but will turn back on if it is disabled.

When this happens, I have to uninstall Armoury Crate, sometimes multiple times to get it to reset to where all of the functions load up.

Yes, I do a shutdown instead of a restart to ensure the LED board and functions fully reset. Sometimes, the Keyboard is a different color than the rest of the system and other times the bottom panel off and the keyboard is on.

I have owned at least 3 GZ700GXs since they came out and all of them have the issue. I did see that the HAL was finally updated but the Aura Kit is still from 6/9/2020 and I own multiple ASUS gaming PCs and even the Huracan G21CX and Strix GL12CX has had both the HAL and Aura Kit updated since release and they are generally around the same age as they were 9th gen Intel systems released between 2018-2020. So I suspect that may be the issue. 
I will fill out the form and upload 2 Logs

Hopper64
Level 15

Same issue that was corrected before the update, now it is back after the update. Memory is not following with all the other components.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.6.3.0
ROG Live Service 2.1.1.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.07.10
Armoury Crate lite service 5.6.3
Aura Wallpaper Service 1.4.7.2
Aura SDK 3.04.31
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.2.1.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.20
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.3.9.4
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.11.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.2.25.0
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.58
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.3.5
AacAudioHal 1.3.49.0
AacDisplay 1.2.30
AacVGA 0.0.5.8
KingstonDram 1.1.18
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.23
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.40.3
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.10.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.6
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.1.0.3
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.5
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

IMG_1495.jpg

MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Crasje
Level 12

Hi,

Question to you all, my windows 11 is giving quite often system pings. Some I can find in the event manager, some I cannot.

I think that after a series of pings, my AC is not functioning correctly at all.

Yesterday I had a fresh install of AC.

Yesterday and this morning, all was OK!

this afternoon I checked and my RYUJIN was no longer in the AURA list (fan xpert page worked). I also noticed a yellow exlamation mark at a USB controller. I removed the controler, rebooted, RYUJIN was back.

I just looked at AC (11:30 PM) and it is a mess, AURA page won't load, my motherboard page won't load (error with the device page,click ok, reloads, same error), 

My Spatha Claymore, Balteus QI, ROG-strix 3080, fan xpert, Marcros work, If I click on Anime Matrix the application crashes (closes).

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin

Software is always tested internally to be stable. This thread is created in case users have an issue. Please refer to the original post for instructions and submit a form. (You have not submitted a form)

There is a full installation package available - see original post. 

Automatic update is dependent on your Windows settings - disable auto-update in Microsoft Store so that Armoury Crate will not auto-update. 

Mardorr
Level 9

@MasterC I think this topic is a bit late. It probably was mentioned before, there are several posts about the error code : 238 with thousands of views already. I had the same error and managed to fix it by the comments of one of the clever users. So my FanXpert is functioning again and so is my RGB and animatrix on my ROG Maximus z690 Extreme.

But there is still a problem that persists: the Aura sync for my ROG Chakram Core keeps getting disabled and the "In-Game lighting effects" setting keeps getting turned back on.

I am no longer in the mood to uninstall and reinstall AC again and again. I even did a full Windows reset to get AC to work. Just because one installation package fails (which in turn makes the whole of AC unusable).

I noticed this already before, I can tell when there is an update, because my RGB will start to behave weird. Just because there is an update available, AC stops to function properly. This is not acceptable. I can't think of ANY software that behaves this way. I bought a super expensive motherboard only to find out it is highly dependent on a very unstable software. I am quite disappointed.

Please stop adding features we do not need and first make sure the parts we do need are stable.

Please submit a form and let us help you. You may not need to uninstall anything. 

the Aura sync for my ROG Chakram Core keeps getting disabled and the "In-Game lighting effects" setting keeps getting turned back on.

Form submitted

No log was found, you can still attach one to the same form. Please refer to the OP above for instructions on how to record a log.