---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.4.10.0
ROG Live Service 2.0.6.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.06.20
Armoury Crate service 5.4.10
Aura Wallpaper Service 1.4.6.0
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.11.0
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.23.0

1. The program does not use the lighting mode set in the Aura Sync menu if Aura Sync is selected in Lightning - Basic effects (the last one selected in Lightning - Basic effects https://i.imgur.com/tMxz55y.png is used).
2. Installation of HAL 2.5.24.0 constantly fails with an error as in the previous version of Armory Crate (https://i.imgur.com/iWeh41m.png).
15 REPLIES 15

Jimbo93 wrote:
Just want to correct the record, AC did not break the realtek audio control app, that was me. When I was toggling startup apps off I turned realtek off and forgot to turn it back on.

I have reinstalled the realtek audio driver, I used the latest version in MoKiChU's thread 6.0.9481.1. No issues with it. So 5.4.10.0 is working ok for me right now. I have been checking interrupt latency and other performance measures. Looks pretty good right now. My board does not use the Sonic apps. Just the realtek audio control app. I have the Prime B560M-A AC, Intel B560 chipset.

Fair enough, I'll probably give those drivers a shot in a week or two and see how it goes. Thanks for the the answer and sorry for the off topic.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Just want to correct the record, AC did not break the realtek audio control app, that was me. When I was toggling startup apps off I turned realtek off and forgot to turn it back on.

I have reinstalled the realtek audio driver, I used the latest version in MoKiChU's thread 6.0.9481.1. No issues with it. So 5.4.10.0 is working ok for me right now. I have been checking interrupt latency and other performance measures. Looks pretty good right now. My board does not use the Sonic apps. Just the realtek audio control app. I have the Prime B560M-A AC, Intel B560 chipset.

Good to hear, thanks for the follow up!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

Updated to AC 5.4.10.0 and of course the only thing i care about is missing.. my motherboard (Z690F)/AI Noise Cancelation settings/capability.

PS. why the bleep do they force updates on us? this is a terrible experience

Leasoncre wrote:
Updated to AC 5.4.10.0 and of course the only thing i care about is missing.. my motherboard/AI Noise Cancelation settings/capability.

PS. why the bleep do they force updates on us? this is a terrible experience

We might be able to help if you provide more info about your system, and any info about what you have tried. For example, you could try these steps to get a good reinstallation assuming your system isn't corrupted.

1) Use the uninstall tool to uninstall AC program
2) If you have AI Suite 3, uninstall it. Including running the AI Suite 3 cleaner
3) Restore bios UEFI default settings
4) Run the Windows update troubleshooter, Run the Microsoft store troubleshooter and restart the system
5) Check for windows updates
6) Reset the MIcrosoft Store App
7) Run System Maintenance
😎 Consider resetting the firewall to defaults. Make sure you allow apps back through the firewall when you get the automatic firewall block notifications. Signing out of windows and then back in a few times will get the firewall blocks remedied. If you experience any firewall issue after the firewall reset and you did the signing out and in part too, we would identify any other programs to reinstall, and we would re-register Microsoft Store Apps with a powershell command.
9) Reinstall Armoury Crate

Optional Step before reinstalling. Review all driver versions and attempt to match all Asus support page driver versions.

Did all that stuff. Didn't fix it. 😞

Uninstalled the new version, re-installed older version and it updated itself at some point and is still broken (2 weeks ago)

ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI

ROG RTX 3080Ti12GB

Intel i512600K

What does the microsoft store shave to do with armory crate? (I seriously hope you're NOT using that as a transmission/update medium)

Please make the AI/Noise Cancelation feature available as a standalone app. i want nothing to do with the current state of army crate. and it hasn't gotten better.

With the terrible experience I've been having with ASUS software, i may just uninstall it and manually update specific drivers as need.... when i so choose to, not when the software decides to shut me out and break itself.

I do hope that the user experience improves and the software does oneday work as expected. Good Luck developers. 🙂

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new thread is up for reporting issues:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?132571-Armoury-crate-v5-4-10-0-aura-creator-v3-5-7-0-repor...