---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.4.10.0
ROG Live Service 2.0.6.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.06.20
Armoury Crate service 5.4.10
Aura Wallpaper Service 1.4.6.0
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.11.0
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.23.0

1. The program does not use the lighting mode set in the Aura Sync menu if Aura Sync is selected in Lightning - Basic effects (the last one selected in Lightning - Basic effects https://i.imgur.com/tMxz55y.png is used).
2. Installation of HAL 2.5.24.0 constantly fails with an error as in the previous version of Armory Crate (https://i.imgur.com/iWeh41m.png).
15 REPLIES 15

ATOdinson
Level 9
I used the uninstall tool, then reinstalled, and AC is working flawlessly. I was having all sorts of issues before the update.

I don't want to waste time reinstalling it because it's a lottery. In my practice, 90% of AC reinstallations (clean installations) did not solve the problems. So I'd rather wait for devs to fix the bugs.

Update did nothing for me. Liquid Freezer 360-ARGB still missing from Aura Sync.

Jimbo93
Level 12
I ended up having to reinstall Armoury Crate after removing the realtek audio driver and realtek audio contol app. Works perfect then. The microsoft installed audio drivers have excellent sound/performance, so no real loss there.

Additional explanation. The first time 5.4.10.0 upgraded my armoury crate there was broken functionality like it wouldn't log me in or stay logged in. The motherboard device would appear and disappear when launching the program interface, very poor responsiveness of the app in general. I uninstalled AC with the uninstall tool and resinstalled which means the programs was version 5.3.4 again. Then I opened microsoft store and proceeded to update to 5.4.10, but the result was the same as before. At some point I discovered that my realtek audio control app stopped functioning. I also noted that the realtek driver was not showing on the AC tools page with AC version 5.4.10. Interesting, not sure what that means. But I uninstalled the realtek driver and app from settings-apps, then I used driver store explorer to remove all realtek driver files in the driver store, restarted the system and reinstalled Armoury Crate, upgraded to 5.4.10 and it functions perfectly now. The sound quality is probably better with the microsoft driver anyway.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I ended up having to reinstall Armoury Crate after removing the realtek audio driver and realtek audio contol app. Works perfect then. The microsoft installed audio drivers have excellent sound/performance, so no real loss there.

That's really concerning, if AC is now incompatible with the Realtek drivers. I need the Realtek drivers, because the Microsoft drivers don't provide any way to boost the audio of the side or rear speakers in 5.1 or 7.1, whereas Realtek does. So I am not willing to give Asus a "pass" on screwing up AC again, if it does indeed turn out that it breaks Realtek.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z690-E, i9-12900k, 2x16 DDR5, 980pro nvme x3, Ryujin-II 360, Strix Animate-II, Evga 3090 ftw3

RogScott wrote:
That's really concerning, if AC is now incompatible with the Realtek drivers. I need the Realtek drivers, because the Microsoft drivers don't provide any way to boost the audio of the side or rear speakers in 5.1 or 7.1, whereas Realtek does. So I am not willing to give Asus a "pass" on screwing up AC again, if it does indeed turn out that it breaks Realtek.

Well, I have not onfirmed anyting at this point. It might be the realtek driver needed to be reinstalled for some other reason. It might be that if were to reinstall it right now it would be fine. But I am going to watch how it runs a little first without it. Also, so far, this theory only involved my particular board or audio hardware. I only reported the theory, so others could also investigate the possibility that their problem might be similar.

I can confirm it's buggy as F. and i have 10% CPU usage on a r7 5800x.... For how long these issues are persistent:mad::mad:???
How long for ASUS to fix them yet broke the fix in a next update. ****ing tired of those careless devs

Jimbo93 wrote:

Additional explanation. The first time 5.4.10.0 upgraded my armoury crate there was broken functionality like it wouldn't log me in or stay logged in. The motherboard device would appear and disappear when launching the program interface, very poor responsiveness of the app in general. I uninstalled AC with the uninstall tool and resinstalled which means the programs was version 5.3.4 again. Then I opened microsoft store and proceeded to update to 5.4.10, but the result was the same as before. At some point I discovered that my realtek audio control app stopped functioning. I also noted that the realtek driver was not showing on the AC tools page with AC version 5.4.10. Interesting, not sure what that means. But I uninstalled the realtek driver and app from settings-apps, then I used driver store explorer to remove all realtek driver files in the driver store, restarted the system and reinstalled Armoury Crate, upgraded to 5.4.10 and it functions perfectly now. The sound quality is probably better with the microsoft driver anyway.

Hi Jimbo93,

Can you confirm me what is the model of your motherboard? I tried to troubleshot some issue I have with my X570 Dark Hero with the minimum driver installed (no realtek audio driver, no ethernet etc, only windows stock drivers) and so far it seems to work pretty well on 5.4.10.

I had also some random system lockup at idle/low usage on a previous X470 F gaming and on my new X570 Dark Hero, with different cpu but both with realtek audio driver installed. It's still too soon to tell for a fact that this driver is at fault though. But it has been a 2 solid weeks without any freeze so far.

I know for a fact that the two app that come with realtek audio driver, Sonic Radar and Studio III, broke Xbox Cloud streaming (It just froze if you change the size of the window or just go fullscreen) so I tend to uninstall those right away to be on the safe side. I have already reported this but you know how it goes...

Jimbo93
Level 12
Just want to correct the record, AC did not break the realtek audio control app, that was me. When I was toggling startup apps off I turned realtek off and forgot to turn it back on.

I have reinstalled the realtek audio driver, I used the latest version in MoKiChU's thread 6.0.9481.1. No issues with it. So 5.4.10.0 is working ok for me right now. I have been checking interrupt latency and other performance measures. Looks pretty good right now. My board does not use the Sonic apps. Just the realtek audio control app. I have the Prime B560M-A AC, Intel B560 chipset.