cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v5.4.10.0 / aura creator v3.5.7.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new Armoury Crate major release is now available.

Please install using Armoury Crate Installer V3.2.5.2 (approx: 3MB), download link here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/ArmouryCrateInstallTool.zip

Full installation package V1.1.2.2 (approx: 3GB) here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Full_Installation_Package.zip
(V5.3.4.0 will be installed without internet connection, requires internet connection to upgrade to V5.4.10.0)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Read First:

Uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.
Always uninstall Armoury Crate using our uninstall tool (do not remove manually) - New: now included in the standard installer (right-click on icon in Windows Start Menu)
DO NOT delete files manually after uninstalling Armoury Crate
DO NOT modify the registry
Try to perform a power cycle to resolve lighting issues (shutdown and unplug power supply for at least 60 seconds)
Forms MUST be completed and submitted in order to be processed.
Forms from non-forum members will NOT be processed
Must post a brief description in this thread (do this before filling in a form) to receive status updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Must read before reporting issues:

1. THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR GENERAL CHAT, please report issues ONLY (try to find related threads or create a new one)
2. Try to reboot the system after updates are installed, and check again.
3. DO NOT report issues if facing improper uninstallation or registry issues - please resolve first
4. Revert system to stock speeds to check if errors are caused by excessive overclocking (even if overclock used to be stable)
5. Verify and confirm issues before reporting (do not make multiple posts while still in the process of troubleshooting)
6. Post a brief description of your issue in this thread (less than 50 words)
7. Record and generate a log (change the extension from .LogE to .txt). Prepare some screenshots and photos if applicable.
8. Complete the online form: https://forms.gle/XxRgZ2fQtdchFS8VA
9. Save the link to the form in case additional files need to be uploaded

How to record a log

First, check the Record log box to start recording (Setting/About/App diagnostics)
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having (reboot if necessary - the log tool will keep running)
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice. (Sign out of OneDrive if Sync is enabled for the location selected)
Stop the recording
Remember to upload this log file to the Google Form (change file extension to .txt first)

Check if your product is supported in Armoury Crate

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1042459

Installation Error?

Download and install Armoury Crate Lite Log Tool v1.0.6.0
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Lite_Log_Tool.zip
For more info:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041654/
Fill in the Google Form and attach the generated log there.

Armoury Crate v5.4.10.0

UWP & Tools
1. Armoury Crate v5.4.10.0
2. Armoury Crate Installer v3.2.5.2
3. Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool v2.1.11.0

Core service update:
1. Omaha client v1.3.107.93
2. Armoury Crate Lite Service v5.4.10
3. Armoury Crate Service v5.4.10
4. AURA Service (Lighting Service) v3.06.20
5. ROG Live Service v2.0.6.0
6. Aura Layer Manager v0.0.28
7. ASUS Framework v3.1.3.2
8. ASUS Core SDK v2.00.23
9. Aura Wallpaper Service v1.4.7.2
10. Aura Wallpaper Creator (New! Install by going to Aura Wallpaper device page, click on Design Wallpaper)

New features:
1. Add Adaptive Color 2.0 to provide immersive RGB lighting experience
2. Add Gradient parameters for Static, Breathing, Strobing to provide richer color options
3. Add Feature promotion recall button for Gaming Laptop
4. Built-in Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool to reduce incomplete uninstallation issue

Bug fixing & Enhancements:
1. Enhance installation and update process
2. Enhance ADA support
3. Fix Armoury Crate UWP crash issue
4. Fix critical devices, core service update failed issue
5. Fix UI bugs
6. UI flow & GUI layout enhancements
7. Other bugs fixing

AURA Creator v3.5.7.0

UWP
1. Aura Creator v3.5.7.0

Core service update:
1. Armoury Crate Lite Service v5.4.8
2. Armoury Crate Service v5.4.8
3. AURA Service (Lighting Service) v3.06.14
4. ROG Live Service v2.0.4.0

New features:
1. Add Adaptive Color 2.0 to provide immersive RGB lighting experience
2. Add Gradient parameters for Static, Breathing, Strobing to provide richer color options

Bug fixing & Enhancements:
1. Enhance ADA support
2. Fix UI bugs
3. UI flow & GUI layout enhancements
4. Other bugs fixes

it shows Windows only , i tried downloading and adding more power option / profiles through microsoft but they are not showing up in the ppower and management section of the contol panal . I don't know how but the previous restore point and the restore point option both are missing . afte through scan using Antimalware i'm sure my PC is not affected by malware . but restoration option is automatically turned off and the restore point that i manualy create are also missing .

so for now i tried re installing the armoury crate software but it did'nt solve anything still same battery draining issu . the idel usage or base clock is around 3200mhz which is making the Cpu run really hot and on battery it's utilizing 2900-3000mhz 

what should i do ? how can i go back to the old version of the Armoury crate ?

OrionDhruv
Level 8

How can i roll back to the older version of the armoury crate ?
My idel tems on Armourry crate 3.6.0 was 48-49C at max @1600 mhz But now today i upgraded my armoury crate by accident and now after restart i noticed my temps were 79-85 @3829mhz at idle my background activiy was nill memory consumption was 30% @16Gb and the cpu was not at load , why is this happening ? My devic is Rog Strix G15 G513QM ryzen 9 5900hx & 3060 (130W). what should i do ? my batterry is alo draining faster . before my battery lasted 4:30 - 5 hrs now it's not even 2 hrs .   : (

I checked with ASUS tech support and was told that there's no support for rolling back older version of Armourry crate. I guess your best bet is to find an Armourry crate 3.6.0 installer download, do a full uninstall of the updated Armourry crate on your system, and then install Armourry crate 3.6.0. You can go to ASUS support site and look for Drivers & software download. Armourry crate is under "Software and Utility" in the download section. The Armourry crate download over there should be the original version of it that came with your system.

josh9515
Level 8

I bought my mouse after this update, so I cannot confirm if this update broke it.

ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition
Angle Snapping is temperamental on Win11, it seems to sometimes works. I suspect anticheat in games, as it would SOMETIMES stop working when I open Valorant and then work after closing it SOMETIMES. It also needs an intensity slider as it's barely noticeable when in effect. 

This was on a fresh Win11 install, Armoury Crate has been installed multiple times as troubleshooting. As of writing, it's now working after running the uninstall tool.

Please report issues by submitting a form and providing a log. more info in original post to top of page. 

Xii-Nyth
Level 7

Hello, today my lighting service randomly disappeared when the system went to sleep. Its missing from the services window (checked with cmd to see if it was just visual), the registry in "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\", and the folder inside "C:\Program Files (x86)\".

Is are there any log files which can help find out what caused this? I'll wait for a reply before reinstalling so I don't accidentally delete them.

Device is a 2021 ROG Strix G17 G713QR-ES96Q
Canada variant with 3070, 1440p 165 Hz IPS, 5900HX, In Grey/Black chassis 🙂

Screenshots below:

mmc-17-43-35.pngcmd-17-44-26.pngregedit-17-43-47.pngexplorer-17-45-01.png

Update and temporary fix!

Found the files on another laptop and put them in program files (x86)

Exported the registry key from another laptop and added to this one

manually added the service from cmd with "sc.exe create LightingService binpath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe""

Edited the registry entry path to have quotes around it so the spaces in "Program Files (x86)" dont cause any issue

Ran "sc.exe start lightingservice" in cmd

Keyboard changed colour!

Only thing which isnt fixed is it doesnt show in services

cmd-18-34-07.pngregedit-18-34-34.pngexplorer-18-35-03.pngmmc-18-35-23.png

Ugglan
Level 8

Since I did not get any kind of response to my post a week ago, I'll try here. 

"Thanks Asus for fudging up my computer…

I noticed that my custom picture on the CPU Cooler was gone, so I went in to Armoury Crate to change it…

Well that started of a whole series of things.

My fans started to speed up and die, speed up and die like they are stuck in a loop. The RGBs follow the same pattern and in my headphones i hear the sound like I am repetedly plugging/unplugging something in my PC.

I first started with using the uninstall tool and re-installing everything to do with armoury crate. That seemed to fix the looping issue.

But since that, I have gotten all kinds of **bleep** happening. High temps, constant lagg-spikes when gaming, several bluescreens. 

I have even resorted to reinstalling Windows… And things are still the same.

Now what? My entire PC build cost me ~5500$ and now I can’t seem to enjoy it because of your **bleep**ty update?!

I hope to see a quick answer to this matter. Because that is what will determine if any Asus thing will ever get in this house again…"

I built the computer in december and everything has been working fine up to the latest update of armoury.
And since you don't provide any options to downgrade or install any previous versions... I can't seem to solve this...

ASUS will be out of this house...

Crasje
Level 12

This morning, while watching YouTube on my PC I noticed my ROG AURA wasn't synchronized.

I opened AC to unselect all - select all in the AURA section, but the page didn't load, and I got the message I wasn't connected to the internet ha ha ha

Great analysis by the AC software

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

Crasje
Level 12

The ASUS AURA SYNC lighting service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 5 time(s).

Any suggestion what to do?

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore