If it is a new laptop, I would use the warranty - Customer Service with this issue. It means you need to reboot your laptop every time if goes to sleep.
It's an ASUS laptop using ASYS software to manage it, so it is an ASUS problem. You should have no problem getting ASUS help. 🙂
(of course you can also google it to see if more people have this issue)
GameVisual breaks(color modes like default, vivid, etc stop working) when I right click on desktop and go to Display settings. My laptop is an Asus G15 2020, GA502IV with all the drivers updated, Windows 11 the same, only oem drivers and the latest BIOS 300.
I reproduced the issue as it follows:
1. Right click desktop -> Display settings -> Gamevisual breaks(the filter that i have on, dissapears, the screen changes the tone (240hz panel).)
2. Press Fn+V to cycle through the modes, the next filter applies, then do step 1 and it breaks again, and so on.
This was never fixed(it was present on W10 and it's still here on W11), and it's the second time i report it.
please add an option to completely disable or uninstall GameVisual component: in some PCs it causes screen flashes due to a conflict with Windows 10/11 trying to reset screen color preset vs GameVisual forcing a new color mode on top of it.
in the motherboard settings, there is a tab named 'Addressable Headers'. In that section, it lists my 3 ARGB headers, and for each, there is the option to flip the setting between Gen1 & Gen2. (The default value is Gen1).
1. Is there a way of changing this setting (Gen1 \ Gen2) outside of the Armory Crate?
2. On the back end... What value is being changed when I flip the setting in the Armory Crate UI & where is that value stored? Motherboard? Registry?
I've tried every version here or from direct from motherboard support https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-z790-a-wifi/helpdesk_download/...but I'm forced to upgrade but I still get the same error during the update:
"An error occurred while launching the setup" on AIOFanSDK and AIsuiteSDK.
Windows 11 Pro updated
Asus Z790 Prime-A WiFi
ASUS TUF RTX 3080
- Setting does not save the value.
- Manual Modeare cleared and reset to auto when exiting the program
- fan speed always at 8000+.
*set to Silent, the fan will gradually decrease as normal.
Armoury Crate UWP App 126.96.36.199
ROG Live Service 188.8.131.52
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.06.20
Armoury Crate service 5.4.10
Aura Wallpaper Service Not installed
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 184.108.40.206
Device Info : GX502GW
OS: Windows 11