cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v5.3.4.0 / aura creator v3.4.3.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new Armoury Crate major release was just released.
Please install using Armoury Crate Installer v3.2.3.0
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/ArmouryCrateInstallTool.zip
The full installation package:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Full_Installation_Package.zip

Armoury Crate - Core service updates:
1. Omaha client v1.3.107.89
2. Armoury Crate Lite Service v5.3.1
3. Armoury Crate Service v5.3.1
4. AURA Service (Lighting Service) v3.05.78
5. ROG Live Service v1.6.3.0
6. Aura Layer Manager v0.0.24
7. ASUS Framework v3.1.1.0
8. ASUS Core SDK v2.00.14
9. ASUS Core SDK plug-in v1.01.10

Armoury Crate - New features:
1. Added “Virtual Pet� feature for ROG products
2. Added Adobe campaign reminder (for compatible models)
3. Added ASUS eShop, ROG SAGA, ROG Discord shortcut for selected regions under "News" page
4. Added quick survey for AniMe Matrix Editor feature

Armoury Crate - Bug fixes & Enhancements:
1. Enhanced installation and update process
2. Enhanced Motherboard and Graphic card series product registration behavior
3. Improve “Check version� process performance
4. Modified motherboard “Dashboard� system storage info UI
5. Added Content Platform - newly added content notice
6. Fixed critical device update failed issue
7. UI flow & GUI layout enhancements
8. Other bugs fixes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.
Always uninstall Armoury Crate using our uninstall tool (do not remove manually)
DO NOT delete files manually after uninstalling Armoury Crate
DO NOT modify the registry
Try to perform a power cycle to resolve lighting issues (shutdown and unplug power supply for at least 60 seconds)

Forms MUST be completed and submitted in order to be processed.
Forms from non-forum members will NOT be processed
Must post a brief description in this thread (do this before filling in a form) to receive status updates.

Uninstall Tool - v2.1.5.0
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Uninstall_Tool.zip

Must read before reporting issues:
1. THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR GENERAL CHAT, please report issues ONLY (try to find related threads or create a new one)
2. Try to reboot the system after updates are installed, and check again.
3. DO NOT report issues if facing improper uninstallation or registry issues - please resolve first
4. Revert system to stock speeds to check if errors are caused by excessive overclocking (even if overclock used to be stable)
5. Verify and confirm issues before reporting (do not make multiple posts while still in the process of troubleshooting)
6. Post a brief description of your issue in this thread (less than 50 words)
7. Record and generate a log (change the extension from .LogE to .txt). Prepare some screenshots and photos if applicable.
8. Complete the online form: https://forms.gle/avm5rErVYfp4LtEs6
9. Save the link to the form in case additional files need to be uploaded

Log Collection Tool (must attach to your form) - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having (reboot if necessary - the log tool will keep running)
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording
Remember to upload this log file to the Google Form (change file extension to .txt first)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To check if your product is supported in Armoury Crate
https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1042459
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Installation Error?
Download and install Armoury Crate Lite Log Tool v1.0.6.0
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Lite_Log_Tool.zip
Refer to instructions
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041654/
Fill in the Google Form and attach the generated log there.

Noobtacular
Level 9
We strongly advise against deleting files manually. On numerous occasions we find out later that users tried to 'clean' out their system either by deleting files manually after uninstalling (or instead of uninstalling properly using our tool), or editing the registry, which caused any new installations (and uninstallations) to fail. In which case, a Windows reinstall was generally inevitable.

That being said, deleting these 2 files is relatively harmless - they simply store the settings for the lighting effects applied, deleting them only resets the effects.

I'm just here to report that every time AC fails to recognize or display my hardware and/or display my lighting config I delete these two files reboot and like magic everything works great. This is for MasterC I don't recommend doing this if you're here searching for answers to problems.

files

LastScript.xml
LedMatrix_LastScript.xml

PWN3D_
Level 9
Form and log submitted, received and processing

I'm still having problem where if my Aura sync is set to "Dark", "the Addressable Led Strip " from my motherboard will be renamed as ARGB Header in the Aura Sync tab, meaning it will not be recognized in Aura Creator until I change my Aura rgb to a random color and then after I restart the service "Rog Live Service" from task manager.

I also have an issue where My Rog Balteus QI/ Rog Throne QI and my Aura Terminal sometimes dissapeared from the Devices List meaning I can't change any settings form those devices until I close Armoury Crate and restart "Rog Live Service" to make them pop-out again from the list. Those devices are still present in the Aura Sync tab and they the rgb still works fine, there are just not present in the devies tab. Even though there are in the Aura Sync tab, some naming are wrong like the Aura Terminal named "Unknown" and the Aura Spotlight named "AacTerminalHal". Usually a simple restart of Rog Live Service works fine

I'll fill the Google form and send the log I did to reproduce this issues right after.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.3.4.0
ROG Live Service 1.6.4.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.78
Armoury Crate lite service 5.3.3
Aura Wallpaper Service 1.3.5.0
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.50.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.18
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.3.7.0
ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.9.0
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.10.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.2.10.0
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.40
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.47
ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.3.5
AacAudioHal 1.3.46.0
AacDisplay 1.2.27
AacVGA 0.0.5.5
KingstonDram 1.1.16
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.23
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.40.3
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.12
ENE_QSI_Loki_HAL 1.0.3.0
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.5
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.1.0.2
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.4
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

HumbleSiPilot77
Level 10
The latest update broke a thing for me, AC is generally working satisfactorily. The main issue I see is that my RTX2070 got removed from configurable Device list that is on the left although it is still listed in the Aura Sync devices. So the main issue at this time is that the GPU temp option in the Smart settings got broken. If I set the RGBs on the GPU itself to monitor temps and change lights accordingly, it goes to blue color and stays there. If I set other devices' RGBs to GPU temp in Smart mode, it simply stays green, even though I stress test the GPU and raise the temps above thresholds. I uninstalled and reinstalled AC to see if it corrected the GPU temp issue but reinstalling didn't help.

Also I was supposed to send a report on my ASUS Monitor not appearing in the Aura Creator device list but I got busy with other things, and it is not a big issue right now.

PilotGW
Level 8
Saved Aura Sync lighting effects will not take effect until you enter Windows, the only effect which will be applied directly when booting is Dark Mode

I'm having an ongoing issue with my ASUS Maximus XII Hero Z490 Motherboard's RGB. During boot, the RGB on the motherboard reverts to default rainbow. It only loads my selected static RGB effect properly once Windows has loaded.

This started when I updated some device / component updates in August, around the time Armoury Crate v5.2.12.0 was released. It was working as intended prior to this, with my selected RGB effects applying on boot.

This seems to only affect the motherboard. My ASUS Strix RTX 3080 displays the correct RGB effects during boot, which is strange considering the devices are supposed to be 'synced' through Aura Sync.

A month ago, I tried uninstalling v5.2.12.0 and reinstalled using the offline Armoury Crate Full Installation Package. This installed an older version of the app (5.0.11.0) and it did fix the issue. A subsequent update to v5.2.12.0 from there broke it again. This leads me to believe it's a problem with the app itself or one of the component updates, rather than my hardware.

Since then, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version Armoury Crate, cold boots, clearing CMOS, even going so far as reinstalling Windows entirely, all without success.

I know I'm not alone with this issue, as I've seen a few other posts about the same problem on Reddit.

I posted this issue and sent a form over in the previous bug report thread but received no acknowledgement. I would appreciate it, if this could be looked into.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.3.4.0
ROG Live Service 1.6.4.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.78
Armoury Crate lite service 5.3.3
Aura Wallpaper Service Not installed
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.50.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.18
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.3.7.0
AacVGA 0.0.5.5
KingstonDram 1.1.16
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.23
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.40.3
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.12
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.5
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.1.0.2
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.4
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0
Greg W.

EASA CPL ME/IR

PilotGW wrote:
I'm having an ongoing issue with my ASUS Maximus XII Hero Z490 Motherboard's RGB. During boot, the RGB on the motherboard reverts to default rainbow. It only loads my selected static RGB effect properly once Windows has loaded.

Honestly I thought this is the norm. Mine does the same thing and it has always been like that, everything catches up after boot.

pndiode
Level 11
Nope!

With Aura Sync version 1.07.84_V2 (or previous versions) the rainbow effect only occurs with RGB 5V on startup.

Lost with Amoury Crate and Aura Creator: individual color for Back IO LEDs (new MB 1, 2, 3 LEDs), Individual color for PCH_1, 2, 3 LEDs and individual color Location_Mem_1, 2,3,4,5 LEDs (RAM/Memory).

The only reason I use Armoury Crate is that I have no control of the motherboard live dash OLED display, whereas previous motherboards had a separate program for motherboard live dash OLED display.

The only reason I use Aura Creator is that I have no individual control of the keyboard LEDS.

Is it possible to Just have one program from ASUS to control all LEDs from one program for at least ASUS products but include RAM/Memory modules.

@PilotGW
Received no acknowledgement (me too from forum).

Contact ASUS support four things:
1: You are the only one having this problem.
2. Your hardware has reached End of Life (EOL).
3. We are moving on, there is no way to install previous versions of Armoury Crate or Aura Creator that somewhat worked for your motherboard.
4. Thank you for your money and support. Basically, Have a nice day!

" no cpu information will be displayed if memory integrity is turned on '

I have tried for 7 months and I am tired please, once I turn on my Virtualization via the control panel - enable windows features, and restart I cannot get temperature readings from armoury crate

I have installed and re-installed AC 20 times, please can I get one working solution, I want to use my armoury crate and virtualization ( I run WSA for android on win 11 ) together peacefully for once

please help

Asus FX705dt
ryzen 7 3750H

cannonleobanks wrote:
" no cpu information will be displayed if memory integrity is turned on '

I have tried for 7 months and I am tired please, once I turn on my Virtualization via the control panel - enable windows features, and restart I cannot get temperature readings from armoury crate

I have installed and re-installed AC 20 times, please can I get one working solution, I want to use my armoury crate and virtualization ( I run WSA for android on win 11 ) together peacefully for once

please help

Asus FX705dt
ryzen 7 3750H

ASUS FX505DT user here. Sadly, our 2019 laptops are forgotten by ASUS. No more BIOS or drivers updates for us. This issue is going to be very common now that Windows 11 22H2 is activating automatically Core Isolation Memory Integrity by default and Armoury Crate is not compatible with that.

You can solve this way:
1. Double-click on your Windows Security icon, next to your clock.
2. Click on Device Security
3. Click on Core Isolation Details
4. Turn Off "Memory Integrity".
5. Restart your PC.

Now, the Windows Subsystem for Android should be still working, and Armoury Crate should show you the CPU temp as usual.

I don't think Core Isolation Memory Integrity and Armoury Crate will ever be compatible, unless a major update appears, so you'll have to chose between one or the other.

Hope this fix your issue.

VeryCrushed
Level 8
Resubmitted with a log.... Didn't know what to do about replicating the issue seeing as the Aura Mode option is just missing entirely.

So I have an issue for which I didn't find anything on the forums.

For a few updates now my GPU is listed in the Aura Creator, but whenever I click apply the GPU is black, no effects, despite what I setup.
However if I select the effects from Armoury Crate then the GPU lights up normal. Is there any fix for this?