Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v5.0.11.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major release was just released.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Cores service updates:
Armoury Crate Lite Service v5.0.8
Armoury Crate Service v5.0.8
AURA Service (Lighting Service) v3.05.29
ROG Live Service v1.3.8.0
Aura Service Add-on v0.0.21

New features:
Brand new UI - V3.0
Added "Content Platform" - new feature for further animation, wallpaper, AniMe Matrix effects released.
Added "Aura Wallpaper" as the dynamic wallpaper to extend the RGB lighting effects from devices to the screen.
Added featured promotions
Device pages added one-click "Scenario Profiles" shortcut.
Support for colorful content in Motherboard AniMe Matrix model (ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME)

Bug fixes & Enhancements:
[Laptop] Added resoultion switch (UHD/FHD) in System Configuration (for compatible models only)
[Laptop] Added "Backlight control" in System Configuration (for compatible models only) to switch between one-zone & multi-zone
[Laptop] Renamed "HyperFan" as "Operating mode"
[Laptop] Power comsumption enhancements
[AIO Cooler] Fixed animation display issues
[Motherboard] Fixed Dashboard info display issues
[Mouse][Keyboard][Headset] Fixed power info display issues
[Mouse] Enhanced the Surface Calibration configuration UI and flow
UI enhancements
Several other bugs fixes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a new method of reporting issues:
1. Post a brief description of your issue in this thread (less than 50 words)
2. Record and generate a log, change the extension from .LogE to .txt. Prepare some screenshots and photos if applicable.
3. Complete the online form (need Gmail account): https://forms.gle/GbEPbp7drM9g3xyq8

* If you do not have a Gmail account - complete this form: https://forms.gle/A4cD9oJnCGPjmMVSA
* If recording a log is not possible - complete this form: https://forms.gle/ACvNvjH6zoCmyfGf6

Forms MUST be completed and submitted in order to be processed.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

What "uninstall tool" did you use?

I've uninstalled armoury crate + service using add/remove programs without issue a number of times. I didn't need any special tool.

HorizonShadow wrote:
What "uninstall tool" did you use?

I've uninstalled armoury crate + service using add/remove programs without issue a number of times. I didn't need any special tool.

Go to your device support page at Asus where drivers are and you will find it. Make sure to click on show all downloads. The uninstall tool is the preferred way to uninstall armoury crate. If someone has problems with it its because the software that identifies the motherboard or devices has quit working, or possibly because the user has disabled some of the important services.

Jimbo93 wrote:
Go to your device support page at Asus where drivers are and you will find it. Make sure to click on show all downloads. The uninstall tool is the preferred way to uninstall armoury crate. If someone has problems with it its because the software that identifies the motherboard or devices has quit working, or possibly because the user has disabled some of the important services.

Thanks! I didn't know about this!

Friend of mine just finished building a new PC and has the ROG strix x570i-gaming motherboard with a clean windows 11 install and the AC software installed. Works great for controlling the RBG and fans. Connected my devices, the software detected them and installed the drivers, they were showing up in the AC program. Still no go with updating, even after multiple reboots. Everything else was working fine, just not the updating function.

Hurricane28 wrote:
Man, this is THE most worst software i ever encountered and it should be pulled from downloads!

I had several performance issues in games and benchmarks which is why i decided to uninstall it. For this you need an special "uninstall tool" in order for the software to be "uninstalled"

This couldn't be further from the truth as there are still resentments left in the register like collecting data etc. 9202892028920289202892028

After i used the "uninstall tool" i got all kinds of weird issues like, windows update doesn't work correctly anymore, crashes in Destiny 2, PC lockups, reboots.
I never had these issues BEFORE i used the "uninstall tool"

Now how in the holy hell can you make such an piece of software that is intent to uninstall a program that is the most buggy software i ever saw cause so many problems..

To begin with AIsuite is the cause i guess and the extremely buggy and erratic EC sensor... WHY can't Assus ROG work with this sensor while other manufacturers can?!
This is unacceptable and this stupid **** has to end and it has to end soon.
Plz fire your software engineer or make new, better, software as this is utter crap.

You did more than just run the uninstall tool, no? Anyway it sounds the the remaining software, I call it “ATK” is broke. Yeah that becomes a mess. Visit the thread Jimbos uninstall procedure in this forum and read the first paragraph. Sorry no link browse to page 2 of ac forum.

Jimbo93 wrote:
You did more than just run the uninstall tool, no? Anyway it sounds the the remaining software, I call it “ATK� is broke. Yeah that becomes a mess. Visit the thread Jimbos uninstall procedure in this forum and read the first paragraph. Sorry no link browse to page 2 of ac forum.

Yup, Jimbo has a good uninstall. I'm not sure if you were referring to this thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127753-AMD-Chipset-Driver-3-10-22-706-Ghost-Installs&p=855... , but I followed that the other day and that helped resolve a corrupt windows update file. However, I did have to use windows media creation tool and create an ISO, and then extract the .wim file from the .esd file and point DISM /restorehealth to the .wim file. It may help restore your windows install without having to do a fresh install.

In the end, I still couldn't get Aura Creator to recognize my ram, so I uninstalled Armoury Crate and Aura Creator and went with SignalRGB...took a little while to configure everything, but its been working better than Aura Creator (latest update).

IM2OTAKU4U wrote:
Yup, Jimbo has a good uninstall. I'm not sure if you were referring to this thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?127753-AMD-Chipset-Driver-3-10-22-706-Ghost-Installs&p=855... , but I followed that the other day and that helped resolve a corrupt windows update file. However, I did have to use windows media creation tool and create an ISO, and then extract the .wim file from the .esd file and point DISM /restorehealth to the .wim file. It may help restore your windows install without having to do a fresh install.

No, I mean the thread titled Jimbos uninstall procedure for a problem free installation. Completely different.Â*

Put in a trouble report a month ago using the new way on the google docs page and have not heard a peep from Asus since! still have some very expensive peripherals (mouse and keyboard) that the program says needs firmware updates but AC will not update them at all. :mad:

I cannot really recommend this company if this is how they treat the customers after buying their products. Glad there are other manufactures out there, these devices will be the last Asus products I purchase.

quartz9090 wrote:
Put in a trouble report a month ago using the new way on the google docs page and have not heard a peep from Asus since! still have some very expensive peripherals (mouse and keyboard) that the program says needs firmware updates but AC will not update them at all. :mad:

I cannot really recommend this company if this is how they treat the customers after buying their products. Glad there are other manufactures out there, these devices will be the last Asus products I purchase.

Good idea man. They clearly don't care about their customers. I discovered this couple of years ago.. I have had so many issues with ROG that its hard to recommend this company to others to be honest.

Everything is just a mess.. BIOS, RAM compatibility/stability, support. I am done, im gonna buy another board soon and warn other people to steer clear from Assus ROG.. I will call em Assus from now on because that is what they are basically...

Nothing from ROG is "good quality" though. I mean, go look at all their stuff they are selling. So many complaints and issues..

Jimbo93 wrote:
You did more than just run the uninstall tool, no? Anyway it sounds the the remaining software, I call it “ATK� is broke. Yeah that becomes a mess. Visit the thread Jimbos uninstall procedure in this forum and read the first paragraph. Sorry no link browse to page 2 of ac forum.

Yes its broken, just like the software entirely.. This company is a mess man.. The problems started from the moment they released Ai suite and the rgb software which are THE worst pieces of software in the history of software.. And than implement it in an even more buggy mess and never learn or fix anything..

Several people asked me, since i help people with PC's etc as a hobby and perhaps as pro soon, what a good brand is and if its a good idea to get Asus ROG to witch i respond NO steer clear from Assus ROG and avoid them like the plague..

Luckily i found a free piece of software that can adress the RGB in my system, and its BETTER than Aura sync or Armory crate! It works perfectly well. I mean, this is proof that it can be done but Assus deliberately wants to give people crappy software, they do it on purpose man..

I mean, their own R&D engineer resigned becauase he was fedup with all the issues he had to take care of..