Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v5.0.11.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major release was just released.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Cores service updates:
Armoury Crate Lite Service v5.0.8
Armoury Crate Service v5.0.8
AURA Service (Lighting Service) v3.05.29
ROG Live Service v1.3.8.0
Aura Service Add-on v0.0.21

New features:
Brand new UI - V3.0
Added "Content Platform" - new feature for further animation, wallpaper, AniMe Matrix effects released.
Added "Aura Wallpaper" as the dynamic wallpaper to extend the RGB lighting effects from devices to the screen.
Added featured promotions
Device pages added one-click "Scenario Profiles" shortcut.
Support for colorful content in Motherboard AniMe Matrix model (ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME)

Bug fixes & Enhancements:
[Laptop] Added resoultion switch (UHD/FHD) in System Configuration (for compatible models only)
[Laptop] Added "Backlight control" in System Configuration (for compatible models only) to switch between one-zone & multi-zone
[Laptop] Renamed "HyperFan" as "Operating mode"
[Laptop] Power comsumption enhancements
[AIO Cooler] Fixed animation display issues
[Motherboard] Fixed Dashboard info display issues
[Mouse][Keyboard][Headset] Fixed power info display issues
[Mouse] Enhanced the Surface Calibration configuration UI and flow
UI enhancements
Several other bugs fixes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a new method of reporting issues:
1. Post a brief description of your issue in this thread (less than 50 words)
2. Record and generate a log, change the extension from .LogE to .txt. Prepare some screenshots and photos if applicable.
3. Complete the online form (need Gmail account): https://forms.gle/GbEPbp7drM9g3xyq8

* If you do not have a Gmail account - complete this form: https://forms.gle/A4cD9oJnCGPjmMVSA
* If recording a log is not possible - complete this form: https://forms.gle/ACvNvjH6zoCmyfGf6

Forms MUST be completed and submitted in order to be processed.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

vaal_zinc
Level 7
I updated the Armoury Crate and the other stuff that comes up in the Update Center tab in the Armoury Crate and started having problems with my Asus Tuf Gaming K7 keyboard. (Turkish Q)

When I press the number keys above the letters they started to type random stuff like wrong numbers or letters. Here is the video of the problem I'm having: https://imgur.com/a/HFtAPS8 Sometimes some of them don't even type anything and backspace stops working completely and sometimes some of the keys starts lagging and type different stuff. Lighting on the keys change randomly to a different setting too. Even when I set them back to my preference, they change after a while or after a computer restart.

I contacted Asus Support and got told to uninstall the Armoury Crate with it's uninstaller tool and reinstall it. I tried it and nothing has changed. The keyboard is still unusable.
I tried the keyboard on a different PC (a PC without Armoury Crate installed) and problem continues. I guess something is wrong with the updated keyboard firmware?

Some other Turkish user with the same keyboard is having the same problem. Please help.

Here is the full problem explained in detail: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128056-Armoury-Crate-and-Asus-Tuf-Gaming-K7-Turkish-Q-keyb...

Just updated to 5.0.11.0, my Ryujin 360 is not showing up anymore on the aura sync menu meaning it can't be aura sync with other devices anymore.

It still showing up on the devices menu so i can still tweak the RGB and fans curves but choosing the RGB to Aura sync there just put it on default rainbow puke.

Please fix...

PS: OK, after 3 restart of my pc, it came up again, that's some wierd behavior...

PWN3D_ wrote:
Just updated to 5.0.11.0, my Ryujin 360 is not showing up anymore on the aura sync menu meaning it can't be aura sync with other devices anymore.

It still showing up on the devices menu so i can still tweak the RGB and fans curves but choosing the RGB to Aura sync there just put it on default rainbow puke.

Please fix...

PS: OK, after 3 restart of my pc, it came up again, that's some wierd behavior...

I am experiencing an update problem too. It update rogliveservice. Error cannot restart rogliveservice. Restart. Open armoury crate, looks ok at first but driver tools page is empty. The asusgcdriverinitialclient.exe program is crashing. Â*

2 more reboots did not fix it. So my solution was to Clean boot the PC like I show below, then disk cleanup/remove temporary files, boot to safe mode, delete all files and folders in c:\windows\prefetch. Restart. Change startup config back to normal. REstart. And all is good again.

To configure for a clean boot you will need the Microsoft/Sysinternals autoruns utility. The steps are:
1. Use Windows System Configuration utility Services tab, hide all microsoft services check, disable all except Armoury Live Update, ASUS Com Service, AsusCertService, AsusFanControlService,AsusUpdateCheck, AND services for your motherboard chipset can be left enabled.
2. Launch Autoruns64.exe and on the options menu select hide microsoft entries, now go to Scheduled Tasks tab, Disable/uncheck all scheduled tasks.
3. Go to Windows settings, apps startup section, disable all startups.
Restart and you are now in a clean boot and can do the system temporary file cleanup part with disk cleanup.
Restart to safe mode, delete everything in the c:\windows\prefetch folder.
Restart and reverse the steps above to be in a normal boot configuration
Restart and check should be better.

Adding one additional suggestion to this procedure. I have found that after any system software changes and especially armoury crate updates that have had issues, that running a standard windows maintenance cycle can be very helpful. Therefore, to the steps below I add, that before returning the computer to normal boot configuration, go to control panel, security and maintenance, and manually launch "start maintenance". This helps to keep netfx working optimally in addition to other windows optimizations.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I am experiencing an update problem too. It update rogliveservice. Error cannot restart rogliveservice. Restart. Open armoury crate, looks ok at first but driver tools page is empty. The asusgcdriverinitialclient.exe program is crashing. Â*

2 more reboots did not fix it. So my solution was to Clean boot the PC like I show below, then disk cleanup/remove temporary files, boot to safe mode, delete all files and folders in c:\windows\prefetch. Restart. Change startup config back to normal. REstart. And all is good again.

To configure for a clean boot you will need the Microsoft/Sysinternals autoruns utility. The steps are:
1. Use Windows System Configuration utility Services tab, hide all microsoft services check, disable all except Armoury Live Update, ASUS Com Service, AsusCertService, AsusFanControlService,AsusUpdateCheck, AND services for your motherboard chipset can be left enabled.
2. Launch Autoruns64.exe and on the options menu select hide microsoft entries, now go to Scheduled Tasks tab, Disable/uncheck all scheduled tasks.
3. Go to Windows settings, apps startup section, disable all startups.
Restart and you are now in a clean boot and can do the system temporary file cleanup part with disk cleanup.
Restart to safe mode, delete everything in the c:\windows\prefetch folder.
Restart and reverse the steps above to be in a normal boot configuration
Restart and check should be better.

Edited to add: I am also having some stinking wiFi issues just over the last 24 hrs or so (out of my control). Its possible thats what broke the update for me in the first place. But I still think the above steps are an excellent way to recover from a broken update, and to give the system a real good tune-up.

vaal_zinc wrote:
I updated the Armoury Crate and the other stuff that comes up in the Update Center tab in the Armoury Crate and started having problems with my Asus Tuf Gaming K7 keyboard. (Turkish Q)

When I press the number keys above the letters they started to type random stuff like wrong numbers or letters. Here is the video of the problem I'm having: https://imgur.com/a/HFtAPS8 Sometimes some of them don't even type anything and backspace stops working completely and sometimes some of the keys starts lagging and type different stuff. Lighting on the keys change randomly to a different setting too. Even when I set them back to my preference, they change after a while or after a computer restart.

I contacted Asus Support and got told to uninstall the Armoury Crate with it's uninstaller tool and reinstall it. I tried it and nothing has changed. The keyboard is still unusable.
I tried the keyboard on a different PC (a PC without Armoury Crate installed) and problem continues. I guess something is wrong with the updated keyboard firmware?

Some other Turkish user with the same keyboard is having the same problem. Please help.

Here is the full problem explained in detail: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128056-Armoury-Crate-and-Asus-Tuf-Gaming-K7-Turkish-Q-keyb...

When you set the keyboard profile to "default" in Armoury Crate settings, the problem fixes itself but you cannot use other color profiles because the keys are scambled and when in default mode after a while the keyboard changes it's profile to another one. It happens when you restart your computer too. Going to the profile 1, 2 or 3 settings and resetting the keys doesn't work either. Even when Armoury Crate is uninstalled problem continues to exist.

Is there any news on this guys? Will it be fixed in near future?

This is a bit of a weird one. Whenever I'm running a multicolor Aura LED effect, rainbow, strobing, custom Aura Creator, etc. I experience unintended keypresses, usually F1, but sometimes others. It seems like the more complex the effect, the more often it occurs. I've got a lot of ASUS gear, and I'm using the Corsair RAM plugin as well, so I'm unsure of the source, but I've definitely narrowed it down to the Aura effects. When I run a static color I don't experience the issue at all. I'm thinking it's some kind of unusual interaction between my devices:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.11.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.12.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.43.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.8.0
ASUS FanCard HAL 1.0.8
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.1.74.0
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.32
AacDisplay 1.2.20
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
CorsairAsusPlugin 2.0.0
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.39.5
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.6
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.5
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

Erwin05
Level 10
I have a Asus account with this account i can login to this site but i cant loging in AC.

EconomyFishFing
Level 7
Hi all,

anyone came across this error before?

Trying to load the FanXpert software but it never loads, just updated to latest Armoury too and still no ability to load FanXpert?

regards

EconomyFishFinger wrote:
Hi all,

anyone came across this error before?

Trying to load the FanXpert software but it never loads, just updated to latest Armoury too and still no ability to load FanXpert?

regards

It works with my setup.

trihy
Level 9
How can be possible that every manufacturer has his own led control software and Asus doesn't have one?

Instead we have to use this kind of suite with lots of stuff that has nothing to do with led control. And also interferes with other monitoring software create conflicts, etc.

Please make a only led control version of armoury or get back Aura Sync.

I can't even select how many LEDs on a strip are with this suite.