Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v5.0.11.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major release was just released.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Cores service updates:
Armoury Crate Lite Service v5.0.8
Armoury Crate Service v5.0.8
AURA Service (Lighting Service) v3.05.29
ROG Live Service v1.3.8.0
Aura Service Add-on v0.0.21

New features:
Brand new UI - V3.0
Added "Content Platform" - new feature for further animation, wallpaper, AniMe Matrix effects released.
Added "Aura Wallpaper" as the dynamic wallpaper to extend the RGB lighting effects from devices to the screen.
Added featured promotions
Device pages added one-click "Scenario Profiles" shortcut.
Support for colorful content in Motherboard AniMe Matrix model (ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME)

Bug fixes & Enhancements:
[Laptop] Added resoultion switch (UHD/FHD) in System Configuration (for compatible models only)
[Laptop] Added "Backlight control" in System Configuration (for compatible models only) to switch between one-zone & multi-zone
[Laptop] Renamed "HyperFan" as "Operating mode"
[Laptop] Power comsumption enhancements
[AIO Cooler] Fixed animation display issues
[Motherboard] Fixed Dashboard info display issues
[Mouse][Keyboard][Headset] Fixed power info display issues
[Mouse] Enhanced the Surface Calibration configuration UI and flow
UI enhancements
Several other bugs fixes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a new method of reporting issues:
1. Post a brief description of your issue in this thread (less than 50 words)
2. Record and generate a log, change the extension from .LogE to .txt. Prepare some screenshots and photos if applicable.
3. Complete the online form (need Gmail account): https://forms.gle/GbEPbp7drM9g3xyq8

* If you do not have a Gmail account - complete this form: https://forms.gle/A4cD9oJnCGPjmMVSA
* If recording a log is not possible - complete this form: https://forms.gle/ACvNvjH6zoCmyfGf6

Forms MUST be completed and submitted in order to be processed.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

ARMOURY CRATE WAS WORKING FLAWLESLY ON MY ROG CROSSHAIR VII FORMULA CONTROLLING ALL MY DEVICES, INCLUDING GSKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 3600MHZ. AFTER LATEST A.C. UPDATE THE MEMORY STOPPED BEING DETECTED BY ARMOURY CRATE AND GOT STUCK INTO RAINMBOW MODE. I FOUND A WAY TO RESTORE CONTROL OF MEMORY FROM ARMOURY CRATE, WHICH HAS TO BE APPLIED EVERY TIME YOU SHUT DOWN OR RESTART YOUR PC.

I UPLOADED THE INSTRUCTIONS TO YOUTUBE

https://youtu.be/2je02fIIWeE

HOPE IT HELPS

alberto_cve wrote:
ARMOURY CRATE WAS WORKING FLAWLESLY ON MY ROG CROSSHAIR VII FORMULA CONTROLLING ALL MY DEVICES, INCLUDING GSKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 3600MHZ. AFTER LATEST A.C. UPDATE THE MEMORY STOPPED BEING DETECTED BY ARMOURY CRATE AND GOT STUCK INTO RAINMBOW MODE. I FOUND A WAY TO RESTORE CONTROL OF MEMORY FROM ARMOURY CRATE, WHICH HAS TO BE APPLIED EVERY TIME YOU SHUT DOWN OR RESTART YOUR PC.

HOPE IT HELPS

Same way than the G-Skill Lightning Control stuff, but still not fix the issue to find them in Aura Creator.

alberto_cve wrote:

HOPE IT HELPS

Thanks a lot! I have Ballistix DDR4 and your instruction helps to get back the memory rgb light control. It also helps to put the PC into sleep mode and wake it up (I think it causes the same Lighting Service restart)

Sunnstede wrote:
Thanks a lot! I have Ballistix DDR4 and your instruction helps to get back the memory rgb light control. It also helps to put the PC into sleep mode and wake it up (I think it causes the same Lighting Service restart)

I def appreciate the insight into getting the ram back to being detected in armoury crate, but having said that, having to do all thees steps just so i can properly control RAM RGB is bayond crazy. This really need to get resolved asap as ive had mltiple complaints from client builds about this very same issue, currently makes me wonder if i made the right decision in depending in asus AURA overall to control RGB instead of ICUE

Please address and fix this issue with an urgent update as my reputation towards my clients is being tarnished due to using aura AKA armoury crate was my personal recommndation believeing it was as for example as stable and dependable as icue from Corsair

Thank you

Sunnstede wrote:

I def appreciate the insight into getting the ram back to being detected in armoury crate, but having said that, having to do all thees steps just so i can properly control RAM RGB is bayond crazy. This really need to get resolved asap as ive had mltiple complaints from client builds about this very same issue, currently makes me wonder if i made the right decision in depending in asus AURA overall to control RGB instead of ICUE

Please address and fix this issue with an urgent update as my reputation towards my clients is being tarnished due to using aura AKA armoury crate was my personal recommndation believeing it was as for example as stable and dependable as icue from Corsair

Thank you

The window position of the adaptive color setting in the aura effect section always retes after reboot.

Devices tab does not load. All drivers for the laptop and Armoury Crate are up to date. I cannot adjust any of my ROG Delta settings to make the **** audio sound better due to the update causing the devices tab to never load. After selecting the device, the loading animation never stops and after about 3 minutes a window appears that states a '2005 Page Error'. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Armoury Crate two times.

Hi,

I have a few issues with AC.

• After approx. 3 hours all RGB lighting freezes on my motherboard, except for the RAM which will continue, but out of sync (meaning the rgb on the 2 sticks no longer runs in sync). It can only be fixed by completely shutting down the pc, not a restart.
  • When I select all devices under Aura Sync, next time I open AC, my mouse (Chakram Core) is deselected again
  • Under Aura Effects, the In-Game lighting effects checkbox is not remembered, it switches back to on every time I open AC
  • GameSDK can not be updated (error 16), but this is a known issue apparently

Motherboard: ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme.
Ram: G.Skill F5-6000U4040E16GX2-TZ5RK (2 x 16GB RGB)
Windows: Windows 11 Pro, 21H2, build 22000.527
Armoury Crate:
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.0.11.0
ROG Live Service 1.3.10.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.29
Armoury Crate lite service 5.0.8
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.43.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.8.0
ASUS FanCard HAL 1.0.8
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.2.0.32
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.39.5
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.6
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.5
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

Some extra info for point 1 from Event Viewer:
Application Error:
Faulting application name: LightingService.exe, version: 3.5.29.0, time stamp: 0x619df900
Faulting module name: LightingService.exe, version: 3.5.29.0, time stamp: 0x619df900
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001411d5
Faulting process id: 0x34c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8240bdc36aa6f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService\LightingService.exe
Report Id: 405c1927-5f12-49d1-a92d-ae8a18d7c33f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Information:
Fault bucket 1234675040658614455, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: LightingService.exe
P2: 3.5.29.0
P3: 619df900
P4: LightingService.exe
P5: 3.5.29.0
P6: 619df900
P7: c0000005
P8: 001411d5
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.8d0cb27a-d3f3-4a5b-9051-700c766e2514.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.0f600b59-8a6f-46dc-aae1-7f1a114d4f16.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.ca7fbafe-58ea-428a-89b1-1545442e9629.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.05310ffa-9cea-4dd4-8970-2078421e32e4.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.1f2063c4-ffd6-4f5a-b7cd-b7aeb1b5c03a.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_LightingService._3b97e9c1916a36c5d27ddb7ee1972962f1e3a7b_f3997fc4_2434862c-8863-40e0-9ce8-0bc5927f7bef

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 405c1927-5f12-49d1-a92d-ae8a18d7c33f
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: b07008f3a1ef87ad112272686b7f68b7

UPDATE:
I have been monitoring the RGB freeze and found 2 "AAC MB HAL" processes in task manager. One of them was taking 1.500MB, while the other consumed only 2.1MB... After killing the "big" one, the rgb resumed working.
So I think this process has a memory leak or something. So my guess the real problem is with "ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.8.0"

From event log:

Faulting application name: Aac3572MbHal_x86.exe, version: 1.2.8.0, time stamp: 0x61c29640
Faulting module name: combase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0xa296a824
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000beee1
Faulting process id: 0x3ae4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d82495c736f333
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\AacMB\Aac3572MbHal_x86.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\combase.dll
Report Id: 1568e07a-2d79-4a78-8401-e1acdb7928cc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have been unable to access device page for quite a few versions now.
I can see all my devices, but when I try to click on any device it results in a long loading screen followed by an error popup.

Tried using bluetooth, wired connection and 2.4hz, still can't proceed to the device's menu. There is a dialog box in the background but can't read it because of the loading cycle on the screen. Please refer pic no.1;

Another device that is ROG Falchion working as normal.