cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v4.2.5.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Armoury Crate v4.2.5

Core Service Updates:
Armoury Crate Service v4.2.5
Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.2.8
ROG Live Service v1.2.18.0
AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.18
AuraLayerManager(AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.18

New Features
Added AniMe Matrix Editor multi-device support
Added FanXpert feature for Motherboard device type
Added "ROG CITATEL XV" direct link to "Recommended"
Compatibility for Windows 11

Bug Fixes & Enhancements:
Fixed system suspend/resume lighting effect frozen issue
Fixed Dashboard CPU usage bug
Fixed low frequency service crash issue
Fieed G-Skill DRAM Aura Sync issue
Fixed Bluetooth headset connection bug
Optimized component update process & Fix update failed issues
Enhanced GUI layout and UI interactive behavior

Newly Supported Models:
[Mouse] TUF GAMING MOUSE X KIMETSU NO YAIBA
[Headset] TUF GAMING H1 WIRELESS
[Webcam] ROG EYE S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

When reporting a new issue, include the following info:
1. Clear description of your issue
2. PC / Laptop
3. Aura Sync products
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
5. Wired / wireless connection
6. Reinstalled Windows?
7. Windows version & build
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

NEW - When your issue has already been reported
To make reporting easier for you, if you see another member post the same issue you are experiencing:
1. Simply reply and add your name at the bottom of the post. (If someone else has already replied, then reply to that post and add your name to the list)
2. Record and generate a log.
3. Private message me and include the following:
a. The post link at the top right of your post (copy and paste the link)
89824
b. Link to your log file stored in cloud, and screenshots if any.
c. Service version info
89825

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!
_____________________________________________________________
FPS, Racing, and VR Gamer / Tech Enthusiast / ROG Admin
558 Views
309 REPLIES 309

Erwin05
Level 10
Hello,
I did a clean install windows 11 installed the latest version AC and now the video card RGB can't be controlled with AC The lets strip in my case Pure base 500DX has the same problem i cant set it with the Asus software.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.2.12.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.18.5
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.18
Armoury Crate lite service 4.2.12
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.40.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.6.0
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

Nate152
Moderator
Hey MasterC@ROG,

I jumped in to try and help maybe 5 people and 3 out of those 5 people had the same problem.

All I can say is, it was something to do with the framework services in Armoury Crate. At the moment, I don't know of an easy fix. The only way to seem to fix it is reinstalling Armoury Crate or reinstalling windows.

Nate152 wrote:
Hey MasterC@ROG,

I jumped in to try and help maybe 5 people and 3 out of those 5 people had the same problem.

All I can say is, it was something to do with the framework services in Armoury Crate. At the moment, I don't know of an easy fix. The only way to seem to fix it is reinstalling Armoury Crate or reinstalling windows.


I think that would mean it is a VC++ library related. One thing I noted when I was having issues on a two week old system, is that the microsoft store kept trying and failing to update libraries and also directx component. I suspect that if certain libraries are already installed but a different version, then AC installs and/or operations can go awry. Just a guess though.

After some trial and error tests, I came to the conclusion that after a restart or shutdown is breaking whatever item you have (at least for me) in AC. I didn't use shutdown or restart after I reinstalled AC last time and only with sleep worked flawlessly for some many days, until a restart. After that, my chackram my keyboard, all items are not available to access. So, something happens after I restart or shut down my computer. I hope this info helps!!!

EzeThieL wrote:
After some trial and error tests, I came to the conclusion that after a restart or shutdown is breaking whatever item you have (at least for me) in AC. I didn't use shutdown or restart after I reinstalled AC last time and only with sleep worked flawlessly for some many days, until a restart. After that, my chackram my keyboard, all items are not available to access. So, something happens after I restart or shut down my computer. I hope this info helps!!!


That's exactly it, the same for me following my previous message

Riekopo
Level 9
Hi guys do I need to install Armoury Crate for my ROG Crosshair VI Extreme system? Ryzen 1800X. Vega 64 LC. Windows 10 Home 64 bit. It's not listed on my support page.

Aje
Level 7
Hi,

Case:
I want a static blue light on all my RGB components. This can be set in Windows just fine.
When I turn off my computer, I want all of the LEDs to go dark. This can be controlled in BIOS by setting everything to Stealth.

Problem:
After the latest BIOS update, the RGB in Windows is off. Accessing Armoury Crate in Windows and turning the static blue light back on overrides the BIOS settings and when I shut down the PC, I get a terrible rainbow effect running (not even the static light configured).
Going back into BIOS and setting the RGB to Stealth kill the RGB in Windows. And I'm stuck in a loop.
There is a serious communication problem between the BIOS and Armoury Crate and its Aura Sync. Please fix this asap as the only solution right now is to manually switch off the power to my PCU…

System:
I’m on an Rampage Zenith Extreme Alpha with an 2950X, G.Skill F4-3200C14-8GTZRX DDR4 RAM and a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB drive.
I’m running the latest BIOS and Windows 11 Pro on a clean fresh installation fully updated.

BR,
Andreas

PzSniper
Level 7
Hi,

I've just installed Windows 11 (OS Build 22000.348) on my motherboard ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming (bios 2004) but Armory Crate 4.2.12 gives me problem

Windows Event Error 1000

Faulting application name: ArmourySocketServer.exe, version: 0.0.8.30, time stamp: 0x6170d74b
Faulting module name: ArmourySocketServer.exe, version: 0.0.8.30, time stamp: 0x6170d74b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000064ec0
Faulting process id: 0xf0c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7e6bdb9ae8c61
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ArmouryDevice\dll\ArmourySocketServer\ArmourySocketServer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ArmouryDevice\dll\ArmourySocketServer\ArmourySocketServer.exe
Report Id: 196ba0f8-0528-44d3-b456-8c0abcd1943e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:




Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.2.12.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.18.5
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.18
Armoury Crate lite service 4.2.12
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.40.0
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.2.6.0
AacVGA 0.0.4.6
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

Another question, i own also a RTX 2070S Strix but i CANNOT control lighting on Armory, is that normale?

PzSniper wrote:
Hi,

I've just installed Windows 11 (OS Build 22000.348) on my motherboard ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming (bios 2004) but Armory Crate 4.2.12 gives me problem

Windows Event Error 1000

Faulting application name: ArmourySocketServer.exe, version: 0.0.8.30, time stamp: 0x6170d74b
Faulting module name: ArmourySocketServer.exe, version: 0.0.8.30, time stamp: 0x6170d74b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000064ec0
Faulting process id: 0xf0c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7e6bdb9ae8c61
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ArmouryDevice\dll\ArmourySocketServer\ArmourySocketServer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ArmouryDevice\dll\ArmourySocketServer\ArmourySocketServer.exe
Report Id: 196ba0f8-0528-44d3-b456-8c0abcd1943e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:




The exact same error has been around for quite some time now. Windows 11 (22000.348)

Rossocuore
Level 7
Hi all. I have been reading throug the thread and I see that it's quite known that lighting service causes a CPU usage of 5-7% when we set any effect other than static colour on RGB devices. Still no fix for this? I regret buying RGB memory sticks now; I could have been saving money and having a better CPU usage.