cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v4.2.5.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Armoury Crate v4.2.5

Core Service Updates:
Armoury Crate Service v4.2.5
Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.2.8
ROG Live Service v1.2.18.0
AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.18
AuraLayerManager(AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.18

New Features
Added AniMe Matrix Editor multi-device support
Added FanXpert feature for Motherboard device type
Added "ROG CITATEL XV" direct link to "Recommended"
Compatibility for Windows 11

Bug Fixes & Enhancements:
Fixed system suspend/resume lighting effect frozen issue
Fixed Dashboard CPU usage bug
Fixed low frequency service crash issue
Fieed G-Skill DRAM Aura Sync issue
Fixed Bluetooth headset connection bug
Optimized component update process & Fix update failed issues
Enhanced GUI layout and UI interactive behavior

Newly Supported Models:
[Mouse] TUF GAMING MOUSE X KIMETSU NO YAIBA
[Headset] TUF GAMING H1 WIRELESS
[Webcam] ROG EYE S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

When reporting a new issue, include the following info:
1. Clear description of your issue
2. PC / Laptop
3. Aura Sync products
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
5. Wired / wireless connection
6. Reinstalled Windows?
7. Windows version & build
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

NEW - When your issue has already been reported
To make reporting easier for you, if you see another member post the same issue you are experiencing:
1. Simply reply and add your name at the bottom of the post. (If someone else has already replied, then reply to that post and add your name to the list)
2. Record and generate a log.
3. Private message me and include the following:
a. The post link at the top right of your post (copy and paste the link)
b. Link to your log file stored in cloud, and screenshots if any.
c. Service version info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

MaXeLL
Level 7
ArmourySocketServer.exe often crashes, I attached the dump files.

And some UI elements in the Italian UI are in Czech O_O

Triton_se
Level 8
Laptop G713QR-HG022T

Armoury Crate User Session Helper used 34% CPU power for 5 minutes after coldboot, had to terminate that process manually.

BIOS 323 (No changes to the reboot issue: Manual mode really is Turbo mode even tho Manual mode is shown in Armoury Crate)

EDIT: With BIOS 323 I've noticed the battery gets charged each boot, 9-10 seconds. Mine is at 62%
Quite often GameVisual popup is shown more than once, can be 3 times sometimes, not BIOS 323 related tho.
The Manual Mode popup has never been shown after coldboots with this version of Armoury Crate, that's the only mode I use.

Whenever I restart or shutdown my pc I keep getting this message in the reliability monitor. Its started happening after I update Armoury crate to the recent version(4.2.5.0). Didn't had this issue before. Also just to be clear it does not causing any issue to the fans, they work fine, its just that my reliability monitor now full of RED X's.

ASUS Motherboard Fan Control service - stopped working

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AsusFanControlService.exe
Application Version: 3.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 610b8c15
Fault Module Name: AsusFanControlService.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.0
...etc

Rollerx
Level 7
When I log into my computer using and administrator account, everything works well. But when I do that with a non-admin account, I get two requests (one after another) from Windows asking whether I want to "allow this program to make changes on the device". The programs are identified as ArmourySocketServer and ArmourySwAgent. Before updating to v4.2.5.0 I got a request only concerning the ArmourySocketServer, but after the update there are two requests. It is quite annoying since you need to click twice to make those windows go away. They don't appear every single time the computer is started, but most of the time.
2. PC / Laptop
PC, Win 10 Pro 64, Ryzen 3700X
3. Aura Sync products
ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi, ROG Strix 1660 Super
Wraith Prism CPU Fan with Cooler Master control software v. 1.18
Wireless
6. Reinstalled Windows?
Not and there are no other problems with this computer. Furthermore, I recently installed another computer with Intel CPU + Win 10 Pro 64 and it has the exactly same problem. These are both relatively new computers with no indications of any trouble with Windows.
10.0.19043 build 19043
Not sure about the number, but I would say that the problem appeared during the summer at some point, first with just one request and now with two (see point 1).
-
I don't even use the Armoury crate with the non-admin accounts, so there is no way to get the log I presume. It is not included in the Start menu programs except when using the computer with an admin account.

Rollerx wrote:
When I log into my computer using and administrator account, everything works well. But when I do that with a non-admin account, I get two requests (one after another) from Windows asking whether I want to "allow this program to make changes on the device". The programs are identified as ArmourySocketServer and ArmourySwAgent. Before updating to v4.2.5.0 I got a request only concerning the ArmourySocketServer, but after the update there are two requests. It is quite annoying since you need to click twice to make those windows go away. They don't appear every single time the computer is started, but most of the time.
2. PC / Laptop
PC, Win 10 Pro 64, Ryzen 3700X
3. Aura Sync products
ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Wifi, ROG Strix 1660 Super
Wraith Prism CPU Fan with Cooler Master control software v. 1.18
Wireless
6. Reinstalled Windows?
Not and there are no other problems with this computer. Furthermore, I recently installed another computer with Intel CPU + Win 10 Pro 64 and it has the exactly same problem. These are both relatively new computers with no indications of any trouble with Windows.
10.0.19043 build 19043
Not sure about the number, but I would say that the problem appeared during the summer at some point, first with just one request and now with two (see point 1).
-
I don't even use the Armoury crate with the non-admin accounts, so there is no way to get the log I presume. It is not included in the Start menu programs except when using the computer with an admin account.

Hello, I sent this 3 weeks ago. Would you kindly respond whether this is a known bug and how to fix it. Two newly installed computers are affected similarly.

Rollerx wrote:
Hello, I sent this 3 weeks ago. Would you kindly respond whether this is a known bug and how to fix it. Two newly installed computers are affected similarly.

Installed latest version 4.2.12. Still the same problem that was originally reported about a month ago. Non-admin accounts request permissions for two armoury crate processes to run when logging in to them. Very annoying. Any ideas why and when it will be fixed?

Rollerx wrote:
Installed latest version 4.2.12. Still the same problem that was originally reported about a month ago. Non-admin accounts request permissions for two armoury crate processes to run when logging in to them. Very annoying. Any ideas why and when it will be fixed?

Now about 1.5 months have passed and still no response: could you please advice what can be done to prevent two armoury crate processes asking permission to run during login when the computer is used with non-admin accounts. Does anyone else have this bug? I have it on the separate computers that otherwise run flawlessly. Also Armoury Crate runs fine otherwise. Details in my first post.

1. The device page isn't loading within 0.3 seconds some times
2. PC, custom build
3. Aura Sync products - ROG STRIX 3070 WHITE V2, ROG STRIX Z490-A
4. 3rd-party peripheral, razer and corsair
5. Wired / wireless connection - all devices wired, wifi to internet
6. Reinstalled Windows? Update last week from Window 10
7. Windows version & build - Windows 11 Pro 21H2 / 22000.346
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - No Idea
9. Any screenshots of the issue - will PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uqZ7PRp-uxc-Uo-wI2_RUVhfqnW7-Lk1/view?usp=sharing

Item Version
-----------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.2.12.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.18.5
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.18
Armoury Crate lite service 4.2.12
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.22
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.13
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.1.7.0
AacVGA 0.0.4.6
KingstonDram 1.1.12
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.16
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.14.0

no chakram mouse options shown :mad:

Wow..... impressive system!

My Charkam is working fine.

If you are all up to date and still having issues, then please see the original post in this thread and provide info plus a log. Thanks.

eduardo.labrin wrote:
no chakram mouse options shown :mad: