cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v4.2.5.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Armoury Crate v4.2.5

Core Service Updates:
Armoury Crate Service v4.2.5
Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.2.8
ROG Live Service v1.2.18.0
AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.18
AuraLayerManager(AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.18

New Features
Added AniMe Matrix Editor multi-device support
Added FanXpert feature for Motherboard device type
Added "ROG CITATEL XV" direct link to "Recommended"
Compatibility for Windows 11

Bug Fixes & Enhancements:
Fixed system suspend/resume lighting effect frozen issue
Fixed Dashboard CPU usage bug
Fixed low frequency service crash issue
Fieed G-Skill DRAM Aura Sync issue
Fixed Bluetooth headset connection bug
Optimized component update process & Fix update failed issues
Enhanced GUI layout and UI interactive behavior

Newly Supported Models:
[Mouse] TUF GAMING MOUSE X KIMETSU NO YAIBA
[Headset] TUF GAMING H1 WIRELESS
[Webcam] ROG EYE S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

When reporting a new issue, include the following info:
1. Clear description of your issue
2. PC / Laptop
3. Aura Sync products
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
5. Wired / wireless connection
6. Reinstalled Windows?
7. Windows version & build
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

NEW - When your issue has already been reported
To make reporting easier for you, if you see another member post the same issue you are experiencing:
1. Simply reply and add your name at the bottom of the post. (If someone else has already replied, then reply to that post and add your name to the list)
2. Record and generate a log.
3. Private message me and include the following:
a. The post link at the top right of your post (copy and paste the link)
b. Link to your log file stored in cloud, and screenshots if any.
c. Service version info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

Corsair has been blaming ASUS for an update that broke the DRAM lighting control of their ram via the armory crate plugin for the last month or two.

They have stated this is an ASUS problem that is known multiple times in their user forum. Has this issue been addressed yet?

dottat wrote:
Corsair has been blaming ASUS for an update that broke the DRAM lighting control of their ram via the armory crate plugin for the last month or two.

They have stated this is an ASUS problem that is known multiple times in their user forum. Has this issue been addressed yet?

I could not get mine to synch either, so I disabled the auto load of armoury in my BIOS, then I fresh installed Windows, updated, then installed iCue version 3 and the plugin, I then ran iCue went to settings 'Enabled full software control'. Then I installed Armoury and everything is there, full control.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I'm afraid we're not aware of this issue and you'll need to be clear about what it is. DRAM detected and lighting works - just unable to Aura Sync?
We are aware that Corsair had an issue where devices fell out of sync but they resolved it in iCue - Enable Software Integrations (in iCue)
Please make sure read the OP and provide all the info requested including the log. Thanks.

dottat wrote:

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Updated:
Please note that Armoury Crate V4.2.12.0 has been released. After a discussion, it will not be considered a significant update. Therefore this thread
will continue until the next major release, so no new thread will be created.

Key changes and fixes concern mainly AniMe Matrix and GUI updates.

my version is is still V4.2.5.0

no update prompt, iam using windows 11

cheers
Rig1 - 14900K - P115 - E88- Pcore 5.9/6.2/6.3 Asus Z690 Maximus Extreme - Ecores 4.7 - 48GB TForce 7200#64;7400ddr5 - MSI Suprim X RTX 4090@3070mhz - 24gb memory speed - Powerby corsair Ax1500i - Corsair1000d@custom Loop Rig2- 10920X@4.9 - Aorus X299 gaming 9 - gskill 3200@3600 - Zotac RTX 2080Ti - Powerby CM1200 - Noctua NHD15 black - Corsair 900D

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Guys, I just explained multiple times on the same page regarding Turbo and Manual modes. Please create a new thread under the notebook section to provide feedback - this is an issue-reporting thread, it is not a software error. Any further posts will be deleted.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Guys, I just explained multiple times on the same page regarding Turbo and Manual modes. Please create a new thread under the notebook section to provide feedback - this is an issue-reporting thread, it is not a software error. Any further posts will deleted.

Dear MasterC, the problem is, the S17 doesn't even comply to the explanation provided regarding manual mode.

According to the explanation given, manual mode should perform like performance mode - but it actually runs way slower - even performance mode can drive high wattage, whereas manual mode hard locks to 65W. So manual mode is actually slower.

It actually is an issue with Armoury Crate, and not with the laptop itself, and hence this is the right place seeking for a resolution. All intel 2021 ROG laptops with Tiger Lake H45 CPUs are affected - not only the S17, but the M16 as well. We politely request you to inform the concerned team, that Manual mode is even slower than the performance mode, and let us know the way out for a fix - nothing else. I rarely open ROG forums, and I'm knocking the doors here for what the Zephyrus S17 owners rightfully deserve - one fix, that's all. So please, just inform the relevant team, regarding this power bug issue.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Guys, I just explained multiple times on the same page regarding Turbo and Manual modes. Please create a new thread under the notebook section to provide feedback - this is an issue-reporting thread, it is not a software error. Any further posts will deleted.

You deleted it again. Despite me showing how manual mode was even slower than performance mode. I placed a very fair point, in the politest way possible. But it seems you've just decided not to do anything about it. Proper evidences were provided with screenshots. Whatever you do here, don't forget these laptops are not for free, and they cost a grand. I was hoping for a better resolution, but maybe it is too much to ask for, from Asus.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Guys, I just explained multiple times on the same page regarding Turbo and Manual modes. Please create a new thread under the notebook section to provide feedback - this is an issue-reporting thread, it is not a software error. Any further posts will be deleted.

So on AMD laptops, Armoury Crate allows the user to set the power limits as high as 80W in Manual mode, which is pretty much the maximum the AMD CPUs are allowed to hit. So on AMD, Manual equals turbo.

Whereas on Intel, laptop is designed to do 90W PL1, yet Armoury Crate only allows upto 65W in manual mode. Whereas even performance mode can go much higher as shown earlier. So on Intel 11th Gen ROG laptops, Manual << Performance < Turbo. By saying that this behaviour is right, we're essentially justifying partiality towards AMD laptops. When AMD laptops are allowed to go full throttle in Manual mode, why not on Intel?

If our feedbacks are valued, they should not be deleted. So far many people including Youtubers like Jarrod's Tech and GizmoSlipTech and customers like us have raised this issue with Armoury Crate not allowing high power in Manual. 5+ customers, and 2 big Youtubers can't be wrong. So we should introspect and think deep within our conscience, the S17 owners deserve better especially after paying a premium, in fact a lot more than AMD powered laptops like Strix Scar/G15 Advantage, and help us out to fix what's broken.

MasterC@ROG wrote:

I respect your decision to remove my feedback.
Anyways, there is another issue I found out in Armoury profiles regarding Nvidia's Dynamic Boost, it seems like Armoury Service or configs for GPU TDPs stops Dynamic Boost from functioning correctly at some random point. Sometimes it works when it is on Turbo or Manual but randomly stops and caps the GPU TDP at whatever Armoury is set to report only and will not boost higher.

Upon searching for similar issue online, I found out many people reported the same thing happening on other Rog Laptops, Including the G15 and the M16.
Would you kindly check on this, perhaps the configs or services conflict with NVIDIA's Platform Controllers and Framework?

Thanks for cooperating. Can I ask how you have determined that it's not working correctly? Based on the fact that it doesn't boost higher after dropping? Could this be due to the increase in system temp over time? Have you tried testing to see if extra (external) cooling makes a difference? Or does the function change states (from on to off) unexpectedly in NVIDIA Control Panel?

SulimanAF wrote:
I respect your decision to remove my feedback.
Anyways, there is another issue I found out in Armoury profiles regarding Nvidia's Dynamic Boost, it seems like Armoury Service or configs for GPU TDPs stops Dynamic Boost from functioning correctly at some random point. Sometimes it works when it is on Turbo or Manual but randomly stops and caps the GPU TDP at whatever Armoury is set to report only and will not boost higher.

Upon searching for similar issue online, I found out many people reported the same thing happening on other Rog Laptops, Including the G15 and the M16.
Would you kindly check on this, perhaps the configs or services conflict with NVIDIA's Platform Controllers and Framework?