cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v4.2.5.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Armoury Crate v4.2.5

Core Service Updates:
Armoury Crate Service v4.2.5
Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.2.8
ROG Live Service v1.2.18.0
AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.18
AuraLayerManager(AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.18

New Features
Added AniMe Matrix Editor multi-device support
Added FanXpert feature for Motherboard device type
Added "ROG CITATEL XV" direct link to "Recommended"
Compatibility for Windows 11

Bug Fixes & Enhancements:
Fixed system suspend/resume lighting effect frozen issue
Fixed Dashboard CPU usage bug
Fixed low frequency service crash issue
Fieed G-Skill DRAM Aura Sync issue
Fixed Bluetooth headset connection bug
Optimized component update process & Fix update failed issues
Enhanced GUI layout and UI interactive behavior

Newly Supported Models:
[Mouse] TUF GAMING MOUSE X KIMETSU NO YAIBA
[Headset] TUF GAMING H1 WIRELESS
[Webcam] ROG EYE S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

When reporting a new issue, include the following info:
1. Clear description of your issue
2. PC / Laptop
3. Aura Sync products
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
5. Wired / wireless connection
6. Reinstalled Windows?
7. Windows version & build
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

NEW - When your issue has already been reported
To make reporting easier for you, if you see another member post the same issue you are experiencing:
1. Simply reply and add your name at the bottom of the post. (If someone else has already replied, then reply to that post and add your name to the list)
2. Record and generate a log.
3. Private message me and include the following:
a. The post link at the top right of your post (copy and paste the link)
b. Link to your log file stored in cloud, and screenshots if any.
c. Service version info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

The ROG team has fine-tuned Turbo Mode to push the performance of your laptop to the limit safely, with the available processor plus graphics power and thermal solution taken into account. Max performance was made easy (Turbo Mode), if the performance isn't consistent, test to see if it is your ambient temp. by cranking up the aircon or blowing a fan onto it. If the performance is consistent under such conditions then the root cause is clear. Note that with each driver update the performance will also be affected.

Manual mode is intended for users who wish to customize the performance to find the right balance between gaming performance, battery life, and silent operation. Turbo mode already provides max performance while minimizing throttling.

just20sent wrote:
Hey Master, thanks for taking the time.
After uninstall and reinstall i got 11k and as you said, performance wasn't affected.
However, watch me come back to you when an update of armoury crate will be pushed and i'll get a score in the 9k again.
It's been like this since i got the laptop, it's a gamble depending on armoury crate updates to have full CPU perf or not. There is something wrong (software side) with Dynamic boost that throttles power to the laptop CPU as soon as the GPU+CPU are loaded. Depending of armoury crates updates you either get 9k or 11k =D

I'm sorry for all this back and forth, i love this machine (beside low CPU perf) and it's been one of the best laptop i had in years. I appreciate your help.

Vince,

PS: My unit is in RMA, i should get it back next week for further test. Ty

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Manual mode is intended for users who wish to customize the performance to find the right balance between gaming performance, battery life, and silent operation. Turbo mode already provides max performance while minimizing throttling.

MasterC, it has been almost 2 weeks since I had reported the issue of the Zephyrus S17 power throttling at just 55 degrees on the CPU in manual mode due to the absurdly low PL1 at 65W, and I'm still awaiting a resolution from your side. It is strange to see how turbo mode allows free control of power limits over XTU, but manual mode just hard locks the power limit to 65W, and overrides any attempts to break free via XTU/Throttlestop. Youtuber GizmoSlipTech highlighted the same problem in his Zephyrus M16 video as well, and was really disappointed due to the inability to modify power limits through XTU in manual mode.

Kindly intimate on the course of action, as competing laptops from other brands at this price point offer limitless control through XTU/Throttlestop, and Zephyrus S17 shouldn't be an exception. Either don't have those power sliders for Intel laptops in manual mode, or don't 'hard lock' the power limit to 65W, that we just can't get over it. The purpose of manual mode is to give the user more granular control, and not limit the user in any way.

MasterC@ROG wrote:

MasterC, it has been almost 2 weeks since I had reported the issue of the Zephyrus S17 power throttling at just 55 degrees on the CPU in manual mode due to the absurdly low PL1 at 65W, and I'm still awaiting a resolution from your side. It is strange to see how turbo mode allows free control of power limits over XTU, but manual mode just hard locks the power limit to 65W, and overrides any attempts to break free via XTU/Throttlestop. Youtuber GizmoSlipTech highlighted the same problem in his Zephyrus M16 video as well, and was really disappointed due to the inability to modify power limits through XTU in manual mode.

Kindly intimate on the course of action, as competing laptops from other brands at this price point offer limitless control through XTU/Throttlestop, and Zephyrus S17 shouldn't be an exception. Either don't have those power sliders for Intel laptops in manual mode, or don't 'hard lock' the power limit to 65W, that we just can't get over it. The purpose of manual mode is to give the user more granular control, and not limit the user in any way.

Using latest armory crate (fresh install) and latest icue 4.x (fresh install) I am seeing lighting service failed and in a stopped mode. Starting it only leads to it failing again within seconds. I thought crashing aura service was fixed?

lakshay2020 wrote:

I have the same laptop, GX703 and experiencing the same issue you mentioned.

Asus please fix this and remove the hard lock.

Guys, the explanation of Turbo and Manual modes has been provided - it is not an issue requiring a fix. The modes were defined this way. I have notified appropriate stakeholders to review the decision, but at this point in time - Turbo for max performance, Manual for customizing the balance between performance, battery life, and silent operation.

SulimanAF wrote:
I have the same laptop, GX703 and experiencing the same issue you mentioned.

Asus please fix this and remove the hard lock.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Guys, the explanation of Turbo and Manual modes has been provided - it is not an issue requiring a fix. The modes were defined this way. I have notified appropriate stakeholders to review the decision, but at this point in time - Turbo for max performance, Manual for customizing the balance between performance, battery life, and silent operation.

Well, to begin with, manual mode runs at lower power limits compared to even performance mode. What purpose is manual mode serving here, other than crippling performance? If performance mode with tamed fan speeds can be allowed to run at higher power, why not manual mode with maximum fans? What's the point of having manual mode?

Moreover, on 2021 AMD powered ROG laptops like the ROG Strix, they are allowed to hit 80W (even 90+ W on AMD Advantage Edition) even in Manual mode. Manual is pretty much the same as turbo mode, and even allows the user to achieve better thermals by maxing out the fans. So the narrative that Manual mode just balances between performance, and silent operation doesn't hold merit here. Because if it did, it should have been the same even for AMD laptops. Why only cripple the performance on Intel variants, when AMD variants are allowed to run full flat at high power limits? Why this partiality towards the Intel variants?

What is the point of buying a flagship i9 11900H processor for so much extra money, if performance is left untapped? All competing laptops even with the lower end i7 offer free control over power limits through XTU/Throttlestop. But here, Armoury Crate takes precedence over XTU, and hard locks the power limits. The situation is so bad that even a small Flow X13 with its limited thermal headroom can easily outperform this 3000+ $ i9 with little effort, which is bizzare - just because of the 65W power limit in place on the Intel variant.

Already 3 people have pointed this out, including just20sent, me and sulimanAF. Hope you understand, this is not at all acceptable for a laptop of S17's caliber. It is such a great laptop being severely bogged down by the 65W power limit hog in Armoury Crate. Either stop 'Hard Locking' the 65W limit - this must be clearly understood. Doesn't matter to what extent the manual mode maxes out the power sliders, manual mode should still allow the user to head over to XTU/Throttlestop and change the power limit to a higher value, say 90W. I want to max out the fans for better thermal performance and cooler surface temperatures while maintaining the same high performance standards, that is what manual mode is intended for - control it the way you like. After all, a cooler laptop doesn't harm anything, does it? So please allow changing power limits through Intel XTU in 'Manual' Mode.

MasterC@ROG wrote:

May I know why my post was deleted? You first claimed a theory that Manual mode balances between performance and silent mode - I showed that the claim is not true, as even performance mode can pull way more wattage.

Is this the kind of service Asus delivers to flagship level customers? I spent a fortune on this, and when customers post their issues, they are deleted. I have provided all the necessary context which proves that Manual mode is broken on the Zephyrus S17. Is expecting a resolution from Asus wrong?
Even performance mode is performing way better than Manual mode. And deletion of posts just indicates the unwillingness to fix it. I have seen smallest of issues fixed here like Anime Matrix etc, but bigger issues which impact the performance of a machine are just not getting the attention they deserve. Provide a justification as to why this broken Manual mode is acting weird this way, and whether or not Asus values their flagship customers. Don't forget, you all represent ROG brand, and the S17 represents the most expensive device from ROG, and it should be given the most preference when it comes to issues, and customers certainly deserve better treatment than what is being rendered here.

To be clear, this is an "issue reporting" thread. I fully understand the perspective from these 3 people, but the software was written this way. If you have an opinion about it then by all means provide feedback, after all, this is a "discussion forum". Create a thread about it in the notebook section and see if it gains traction. However, if anyone decides to make this a complaint forum, make threats, or refuse to post in appropriate sections, make no mistake - they will be removed. We welcome your feedback, but please be constructive and watch your tone.

godtube19 wrote:
May I know why my post was deleted? You first claimed a theory that Manual mode balances between performance and silent mode - I showed that the claim is not true, as even performance mode can pull way more wattage.

Is this the kind of service Asus delivers to flagship level customers? I spent a fortune on this, and when customers post their issues, they are deleted. I have provided all the necessary context which proves that Manual mode is broken on the Zephyrus S17. Is expecting a resolution from Asus wrong?
Even performance mode is performing way better than Manual mode. And deletion of posts just indicates the unwillingness to fix it. I have seen smallest of issues fixed here like Anime Matrix etc, but bigger issues which impact the performance of a machine are just not getting the attention they deserve. Provide a justification as to why this broken Manual mode is acting weird this way, and whether or not Asus values their flagship customers. Don't forget, you all represent ROG brand, and the S17 represents the most expensive device from ROG, and it should be given the most preference when it comes to issues, and customers certainly deserve better treatment than what is being rendered here.

MasterC@ROG wrote:

Greetings sir, thank you for your reply

Please note that previously on my Scar II, Turbo and Manual provide the same performance with the only change being controlling the fan speed. This is changed now, Turbo mode provides better performance even if I set everything to Max in Manual I still can't get the desired performance, The issue also reflects on the fan speed control as the user do not have the option to control it while on Turbo, why's that?

Manual should provide the same performance if the user chooses to use it, not less, including the fan control. I don't like high temperatures and on Turbo mode the performance is better but the fans don't run at higher RPMs like on Manual, therefore I get better performance but with higher temperatures on heavy games such as Battlefield V or Gears 5 for example.

Please investigate this, there are many people experiencing the same thing and even Youtube tech reviewers such as Gizmosliptech, please check the video around the two hours and 54 minutes 2:54:00

https://youtu.be/W7cXWtw-Eu4

Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you soon