cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury crate v4.2.5.0 [report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Armoury Crate v4.2.5

Core Service Updates:
Armoury Crate Service v4.2.5
Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.2.8
ROG Live Service v1.2.18.0
AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.18
AuraLayerManager(AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.18

New Features
Added AniMe Matrix Editor multi-device support
Added FanXpert feature for Motherboard device type
Added "ROG CITATEL XV" direct link to "Recommended"
Compatibility for Windows 11

Bug Fixes & Enhancements:
Fixed system suspend/resume lighting effect frozen issue
Fixed Dashboard CPU usage bug
Fixed low frequency service crash issue
Fieed G-Skill DRAM Aura Sync issue
Fixed Bluetooth headset connection bug
Optimized component update process & Fix update failed issues
Enhanced GUI layout and UI interactive behavior

Newly Supported Models:
[Mouse] TUF GAMING MOUSE X KIMETSU NO YAIBA
[Headset] TUF GAMING H1 WIRELESS
[Webcam] ROG EYE S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

When reporting a new issue, include the following info:
1. Clear description of your issue
2. PC / Laptop
3. Aura Sync products
4. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
5. Wired / wireless connection
6. Reinstalled Windows?
7. Windows version & build
8. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

NEW - When your issue has already been reported
To make reporting easier for you, if you see another member post the same issue you are experiencing:
1. Simply reply and add your name at the bottom of the post. (If someone else has already replied, then reply to that post and add your name to the list)
2. Record and generate a log.
3. Private message me and include the following:
a. The post link at the top right of your post (copy and paste the link)
b. Link to your log file stored in cloud, and screenshots if any.
c. Service version info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

I have make sure to disable it.

FYI, this well known issues, refer link below. Currently, I'm just using Static Basic effects only to avoid high CPU usage.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?103123-AURA-Lighting-Service-using-high-CPU-resources/page...

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Did you enable Aura Performance Mode? (under Aura Sync)

As of v4.2.5.0, Armoury Crate is not loading 4 of my ASUS devices after clicking 'Devices' > 'ASUS Device Name'. It shows the 'loading' message in the center of the Armoury Crate window for 5 minutes, then shows an error and continues to show the 'loading' message. The devices are as follows; ROG Strix Flare, ROG Delta, ROG Gladius Origin II and ROG Balteus. It also has NEVER shown my ROG displays in Armoury Crate under 'Devices', despite recognizing them in the 'Updates' menu and downloading updates for them. And my ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti no longer shows up in the 'Devices' menu. I have done multiple restarts and uninstalled and reinstalled Armoury Crate and all device software via Armoury Crate. My ROG Delta headset Bass is STILL ****, it is an Armoury Crate issue, because on my tablet and phone, the bass quality is amazing, and I don't use Armoury Crate on my tablet or phone. v4.2.5.0 has also reset all speaker audio and microphone settings to stock (low sound) and I am not able to access my ROG Delta settings in Armoury Crate to set them back to my Profile's settings. I am unable to be heard in ANY programs that I use for voice communication.

Error reads as follows; 'Page Error' We are sorry. There's an error with the device page. The application is going to reload the device page now. (2005)

Nothing happens. I have left it on this screen overnight.

Update 27 SEPT 2021:

Device & Component Update 2.1.1.3 did not change any of the above issues.

Update 07 OCT 2021:

Armoury Crate version update 4.2.10.1 does not show as the 'current version' in Armoury Crate after updating to it. Also, none of the above issues were corrected. I am still unable to access the Devices tab to change any settings for all devices that Armoury Crate updates and controls Aura Sync on. The ROG Strix Flare keyboard now has one dead key, and it will occasionally flicker green light which is not a part of the Aura lighting I have set it up to do. Please fix the 'unable to access the Devices in the Device Tab' issue.

Update 15 NOV 2021:
Was able to indirectly access some of my devices in the 'Aura Sync' tab by clicking the small 'right arrow' button at the bottom right of each device square. After that, I can no longer access my devices by this method. And the Devices tab is STILL showing the below 'loading' screen and does not EVER load any device I click on.

System Setup:

Windows 10 Home 64
ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Motherboard
32GB 3200MHz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM
Ryzen 9 3900 CPU
ROG Strix nVidia RTX 2080Ti GPU

Peripherals:
ROG Delta Headphones
ROG Strix Flare Keyboard
ROG Gladius Origin II Mouse
ROG Balteus Mousepad

Triton.se wrote:
* Installed new BIOS 321, rebooted. No change to my Manual mode rebooting problems as described here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125522-Armoury-crate-v4-2-5-0-report-here-if-any-issues/pa...

* Armoury Crate has an update, ASUS Framework Service 2.1.1.3, rebooted?, no change

* Installed ASUS System Control Interface V3 - 3.0.12.10, rebooted - Change: I now get sounds at each coldboot as I enter welcome/login screen. Twice the sound of "plugging in device/hardware/USB" a second between, little later the sound of "unpugging device". No sounds with reboots.

Nothing else from Armoury Crate "check updates" or from MyAsus.

EDIT: The sounds are with a USB MIDI interface connected, I unplugged it and coldboots don't give them. Windows also updated prior to that. But I have had that MIDI interface connected a week, noticed the sounds first today right after all new installs.

EDIT: Reverted to ASUS System Control Interface V3 - 3.0.11.10, still have sounds each coldboot.
Want to revert ASUS Framework Service 2.1.1.3 but don't know how to, nothing found in Device Manager

New Armoury updates today, no change to my Manual mode reboots (20W CPU and 85% fan speed = 80W CPU and min 3000rpm fan, stops completely at 45C)
Have rebooted twice. No coldboots yet. Haven't heard the sound of unplugging/plugging devices at Windows welcome screen, but they'd come at coldboots.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.2.5.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.18.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.18
Armoury Crate service 4.2.10
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.3.0

LocoDiceGR
Level 10
Tried again to install this Suite...doesnt even open.

B-550i motherboard latest bios / latest windows.

Sorry but its a pile of trash, this needs to be redone from start.

BrandonPotter0
Level 7
Issue - G.Skill Trident Z Neo kit not showing up under Asus Aura.
Asus Aura devices - Tuf Gaming H570-Pro Wifi, Tuf Gaming RTX 3080 OC
Reinstalled Windows? Not for a while. Couple
Windows version & build - 21H1 / 19043.1237
Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected - 4.1.6.0
Any screenshots of the issue

Log FIle - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c2hZMsykxRy6K0ljXS8j8kH6sdE1cFN6/view?usp=sharing

What I have done to remedy the issue - Clean Uninstall Armoruy Crate using the uninstaller tool. Rebooted. Reinstalled Armoury Crate. Rebooted.
Only way to get the ram to show up in Armoury crate for me at this time is to install Gskills Lighting software, then it shows up in Aura.

Armoury Crate UWP App 4.2.5.0
Asus HAL Central 20210820
TUF Gaming H570-PRO WIFI Device Kit 2.1.1.3
TUF Gaming RTX 3080 Device Kit - 2.1.1.3

Where can I find armoury crate 4.2.5.0 and not the 3.XXX from the asus rog website that is outdated AND not working properly on my maximus XII formula ?
Thanks in advance !

V3.XXX is the version of the installer which included Armoury Crate and Aura Creator. Don't worry, just install.

Tekamine wrote:
Where can I find armoury crate 4.2.5.0 and not the 3.XXX from the asus rog website that is outdated AND not working properly on my maximus XII formula ?
Thanks in advance !

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey Guys,
The root cause for the ArmourySWAgent issue has been found, it should be resolved by the end of the month.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Hey Guys,
The root cause for the ArmourySWAgent issue has been found, it should be resolved by the end of the month.

Finger crossed as it's really annoying...

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Hey Guys,

Have you been studying the "Root Causes"' lol
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA