cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v4.1.6.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Core service updates:
1. Armoury Crate Service v4.1.5
2. Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.1.5
3. ROG Live Service v1.2.12.0
4. AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.06
5. AuraLayerManager (AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.16

New features:
1. Add new “Dashboard” for ASUS/ROG motherboard built-in system
2. Add “Manually update” function
3. Add ASUS account and product registration recommendation to build better service connection
4. Add a new pattern for Aura Sync - Rainbow effect
5. Enable multi-zone RGB keyboard light zone type
6. Support Microsoft narrator rule

Bug fixes & Enhancements:
1. Optimize component update process & Fix update failed issues
2. Enhance Aura Sync - Starry Night effect for few devices
3. Enhance GUI layout and UI interactive behavior
4. Fix Aura Sync “smart mode” effect issue
5. Fix Corsair DRAM Aura Sync issue

Newly supported models:
1. [Keyboard] ROG Falchion NX, ROG Strix Scope NX, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL Moonlight White
2. [Mouse] ROG Strix Impact II Moonlight White
3. [Headset, Headset stand] ROG Cetra II

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

@asus team,

Received an automated update pop-up for the AC software, and when doing the update it failed. I used the AC uninstaller software and restarted my pc downloaded the AC installer from the ASUS website. Getting a message that it failed and to check my ISP connection. My ISP is stable and the software will not "Download" all the components, and now I cannot control my AIO.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII
Asus ROG Ryujin 360
Ryzen 9 3900x
Gskill 3600 (64g)
850watt PSU
R 6700xt gpu

Please advise

Glad your issue is resolved. Thanks for coming back to let us know!

Silver Shadow wrote:
I have the same problem before. I tried this and it works 🙂
1. Uninstall your Armoury Crate
2. Download Old Armoury Crate Service https://mega.nz/file/tjphDBDD#uZlGfpBRaCZxNf-bzSag5aMB0EDsDsJKtt33riuDWvE
3. Install Old armoury Crate Service
4. Then Install Armoury Crate from Asus Support https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Hope it helps 🙂
sorry for bad english XD

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Glad your issue is resolved. Thanks for coming back to let us know!

I followed this, and while things work better, there is no dashboard panel anymore. And somehow the Armoury Crate seems... limited..?

I "Reset My PC" and reinstalled AC. My G.Skill Trident is finally recognized again.

HOWEVER, now the "Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation" doesn't seem to be working. In Win10Pro under Sound/Output, I cannot assign the "AI Noise-Canceling Microphone (ASUS Utility)" for input. When I do, when I leave the screen and come back, it automatically goes back to the previously assigned input device.

MasterC@ROG : Do you need another log?

Hi guys

My current setup for Armoury Crate RGB:
1. I have a custom Aura profile that contain a Static light with Reactive Typing
2. CPU temp and CPU usage smart lighting
3. Laptop connected to AC Power

So a few days ago a new Keyboard Firmware and Keyboard RGB Firmware was released. After updating both of these via MyAsus and rebooting the machine,

What is fixed:
1. I no longer have keys stuck in reactive or smart profile lighting when the laptop wakes from Sleep - so that's good news

What is not fixed:
1. Each time the laptop starts up from a full shutdown, or wake from connected-standby (sleep, lid down/lid up etc) the Reactive Typing and Smart (CPU temp/usage) RGB is disabled. I need to launch Armoury Crate and navigate to the lighting menu to select the profile again.
1.a The Reactive RGB/etc all works while Windows is still showing the Lock/Login screen after booting up from shutdown or waking from sleep
1.b The Reactive RGB/smart lighting stops working as soon as I log in to windows and Desktop is visible.
1.c Launching Armour Crate and navigate to the RGB lighting menu - Can be seen that the custom RGB profile is not selected in Aura
1.d Selecting my custom RGB profile from this menu restores correct behaviour to RGB(s)

It just seems that Armoury Crate keeps forgetting the selected custom profile the moment I log into Windows Desktop after a fresh boot up or waking from sleep.

2. Windows Power Plan settings configured to put laptop to Sleep when lid is closed. However, when lid is closed, RGB lights remain powered on.

3. Occasionally when Armory Crate is launched, all the text on the buttons and menus are blank. Hovering my mouse over a button or switching between tabs in Armoury Crate refreshes the fonts but problem still persist with Armoury Crate closed and opened again. Only way to fix this is to reboot windows.

PS. I cant seem to upload any images of screen shots from my desktop to this post.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Glad that issue was resolved.

For the headset, are you using a 3.5 mm audio jack y-cable (needed) or a 3-pole jack?
Please record a new log while you toggle the settings, then PM me, thanks.

LuaOle wrote:
I "Reset My PC" and reinstalled AC. My G.Skill Trident is finally recognized again.

HOWEVER, now the "Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation" doesn't seem to be working. In Win10Pro under Sound/Output, I cannot assign the "AI Noise-Canceling Microphone (ASUS Utility)" for input. When I do, when I leave the screen and come back, it automatically goes back to the previously assigned input device.

MasterC@ROG : Do you need another log?

Hi,
I've setup a profile in Armoury Crate that enables when I open/focus Sea of Thieves from MS Store: It is a UWP game and it works. However, if I open another UWP apps, such as Settings, the profile switches to the Sea Of Thieves profile. This only appens when the UWP app (Settings for example) shows the initial splash screen. If after that I focus another window it reverts to the previous configuration (before profile) and then refocusing the settings app doesn't change the profile. This should be fixed

mizavici
Level 7
1. ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DD/DT/DU
2. ROG Strix Evolve
3. N/A
4. Wireless
5. No
6. Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition, Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1023)
7. ARMOURY CRATE Version: 4.1.6.0
8. I cannot seem to update my peripherals, I can't configure my mouse settings because it has not yet been updated, but the problem is,
whenever I click update, it the loading bar finishes but the item is not updated, I have restarted the laptop and tried updating again numerous
times but no success. Side Note: I tried uninstalling armoury crate with Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool V1.1.5.0 and reinstalling with
ArmouryCrateInstaller v3.0.11.0. However it keeps getting stuck at "Installing components for the Connected Devices" and then fails the
installation after a while being stuck aying to check my internet connection and try again (-101). This issue is not experience by me only and
has been raised in several reddit threads:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/k65x60/armoury_crate_installer_stuck_on_installing/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/m58zzy/update_for_armory_crate_has_been_stuck_for_a/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/nk44n1/asus_armory_crate_installer_has_been_stuck_like/

10. I have sent a PM of the Logs

1. PC - Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)
2. G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-64GTZN
3. None Installed. It's a new system.
4. Wireless
5. It's a brand new system with a freshly installed Windows as of less than a month ago. I've run DISM and SFC and verified that everything is good. Also previous versions of the software ran just fine.
6. Windows 10 Pro 19043.1023
7. It was the version before 3.0.8.0. Any updates past that have caused this issue including 4.1.6.0.
8. When starting Armoury Crate the app closes. On starting it a second time it pops up the "Accept" dialogs, but freezes and the system blue screens with a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION stop code related to ASIO3.sys. I have tried uninstalling Armoury Crate using both the built-in Windows method and using the uninstall tool from ASUS. Reinstalling after either method yields the same result.
9. Any screenshots of the issue88925
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics. I can't even get that far into the app without a blue screen.

Asus has to many fan control softwares. You have ai suite you have rog ryujin and amoury crate can not use all of them at the same time. So why have this new dash board if its not going to intrigate all of them into the dash board the new dash board looks nice but it is really useless.