cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v4.1.6.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Core service updates:
1. Armoury Crate Service v4.1.5
2. Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.1.5
3. ROG Live Service v1.2.12.0
4. AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.06
5. AuraLayerManager (AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.16

New features:
1. Add new “Dashboard” for ASUS/ROG motherboard built-in system
2. Add “Manually update” function
3. Add ASUS account and product registration recommendation to build better service connection
4. Add a new pattern for Aura Sync - Rainbow effect
5. Enable multi-zone RGB keyboard light zone type
6. Support Microsoft narrator rule

Bug fixes & Enhancements:
1. Optimize component update process & Fix update failed issues
2. Enhance Aura Sync - Starry Night effect for few devices
3. Enhance GUI layout and UI interactive behavior
4. Fix Aura Sync “smart mode” effect issue
5. Fix Corsair DRAM Aura Sync issue

Newly supported models:
1. [Keyboard] ROG Falchion NX, ROG Strix Scope NX, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL Moonlight White
2. [Mouse] ROG Strix Impact II Moonlight White
3. [Headset, Headset stand] ROG Cetra II

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

My RGB is very "laggy" and choppy whenever syncing and selecting a scheme. Not sure how to fix this or if I just need to wait for the next update. Thanks!

I cannot create a Hue Connection in Aura Sync. When I click "Search for devices", I immediately get "No devices available" message. I recorded and the logs that can be found here.

Since update to this version of Armory Crate Im unable to control my corsair dominator ram dimms rgb with icue. Ram rgb freeze after Armory Crate start.

Hi,

It is now apparent that asIO3.drv asIO2.drv are under some process that does not have process handle observable with Resource Monitor. If you try to delete them Windows 10 will inform that they are used by another process while Resource Monitor doesn't show any process handles for these process that keep files open . Is ASUS installing rootkits, spyware et.al. with it's Armouury Crate software?

Yours,
Concerned customer

Armoury Crate keeps crashing.

I downloaded and installed the most current version from the asus website - but still doesn't work.

A window will open up, say 'loading' and then disappear. In looking at MS task manager, several armoury crate programs seem to be running, although the UI is not visible.

I have found if I stop the armoury crate service, launch the app, the app will load. I then start the service and it works for a bit, but if I click on certain things like the tools tab, the window will unload and I'll be left staring at a blank screen.

Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but the last time I tried the tool it was working ok. However, earlier this morning, in preparation for Windows 11, I enabled TPM in the bios (it was previously not enabled).

In any case, would like to get Armory Crate back up and running - any help would be appreciated.

Armoury Crate is preventing my monitor from going to sleep. If I disable the service my monitor goes to sleep but when its enabled it does not. Obviously I need this to control my lighting and there are no settings to change or affect this issue. Any assistance would be great, thank you all.

This compilation of code is complete trash. I'm getting BSODs every time I open it up. asIO3.sys is listed as the culprit. Brand new install of Windows...

Seriously, quit dumping this half-baked, steaming porch pouch you call software on the unsuspecting public. It's gross.

Edit: Clearly something else is going on. I now suspect this is a firmware or BIOS issue. AI Suite 3 doesn't work either. It BSODs listing asIO2.sys as the culprit. Still, it's not even remotely excusable. You folks at Asus should be ashamed of this. For this to be going on for months... WTF. I'm ashamed to be associated with your products as a consumer right now.

Can't access to the peripherals options, keep in loop loading

Aurmoury Create Version 4.1.6.0
Already reinstall and the same problem

Tryed evrything to make it work.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming

Board went into default rainbow loop and could not be detected on Armoury Crate.
Tryed:
Alot of reinstalls (cleaning Registry too) and also removing any other third party rgb controller
Chaning a couple of times, on/off to get refresh, the config in BIOS for (Enable ErP Ready S4+S5) and the option (in sleep, hibernate and soft off states)
Experimented some configs with AI Suite 3, but got nothing from it
Turning evrything off, removing the power cable, pressing power buttom for a bit and turn it back again
Saw somewhere that chaging windows language for ENG would do something to the software

Afther evrything, I mannaged to make the board get reconized in Armoury Crate but i still cannot change any rgb collor.

Tyed turning the option (shutdown effect) on/off on Armoury Crate, to see if i could get any refresh of the software communication to the board,
but got stuck in a loading loop
Afther a day or two, still in rainbow loop, the board just decided it was time to stop, and turned the rgb off without me changing any options.

The problem seems to be a conflict related to old AURA SYNC software, once knowing that some people got their problem solved with a fresh Windows install...

So... yea... i tryed alot for a couple of days.. got nothing from it.. im not up to reinstalling windows for a single rbg light.
I will just keep it turned off i guess...
We all pay alot for these kind of hardware, setting up a simple RBG light config should not take that much of our time and effort

shame.

sorry for my english, not my native language, tryed my best.

------Edit------

1. PC / Laptop
PC
2. Aura Sync products
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
NO
WIRED
5. Reinstalled Windows?
NO
Windows 10 64bit
AURA SYNC
All Above

Log: sent it to MasterC@ROG PM

falconjpg wrote:
Tryed evrything to make it work.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming

Board went into default rainbow loop and could not be detected on Armoury Crate.
Tryed:
Alot of reinstalls (cleaning Registry too) and also removing any other third party rgb controller
Chaning a couple of times, on/off to get refresh, the config in BIOS for (Enable ErP Ready S4+S5) and the option (in sleep, hibernate and soft off states)
Experimented some configs with AI Suite 3, but got nothing from it
Turning evrything off, removing the power cable, pressing power buttom for a bit and turn it back again
Saw somewhere that chaging windows language for ENG would do something to the software

Afther evrything, I mannaged to make the board get reconized in Armoury Crate but i still cannot change any rgb collor.

Tyed turning the option (shutdown effect) on/off on Armoury Crate, to see if i could get any refresh of the software communication to the board,
but got stuck in a loading loop
Afther a day or two, still in rainbow loop, the board just decided it was time to stop, and turned the rgb off without me changing any options.

The problem seems to be a conflict related to old AURA SYNC software, once knowing that some people got their problem solved with a fresh Windows install...

So... yea... i tryed alot for a couple of days.. got nothing from it.. im not up to reinstalling windows for a single rbg light.
I will just keep it turned off i guess...
We all pay alot for these kind of hardware, setting up a simple RBG light config should not take that much of our time and effort

shame.

sorry for my english, not my native language, tryed my best.

------Edit------

1. PC / Laptop
PC
2. Aura Sync products
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
NO
WIRED
5. Reinstalled Windows?
NO
Windows 10 64bit
AURA SYNC
All Above

Log: sent it to MasterC@ROG PM

Yesterday, the Armoury Crate application decided it was time to work, i was able to change the RGB config ONCE to pink/red and then stoped working again, did not take any of my imputs, afther a reboot, the last option that i selected (full pink) got rolled out.

Today, i tryed opening Armoury Crate again and my hardware was not detected...

All i have from this software is intermittent problems. nothing solved so far and i got no answer/reply at all.
One thing im certain, i will never buy hardware from ASUS again, unfortunately.

MasterC@ROG help us