cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v4.1.6.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Core service updates:
1. Armoury Crate Service v4.1.5
2. Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.1.5
3. ROG Live Service v1.2.12.0
4. AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.06
5. AuraLayerManager (AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.16

New features:
1. Add new “Dashboard” for ASUS/ROG motherboard built-in system
2. Add “Manually update” function
3. Add ASUS account and product registration recommendation to build better service connection
4. Add a new pattern for Aura Sync - Rainbow effect
5. Enable multi-zone RGB keyboard light zone type
6. Support Microsoft narrator rule

Bug fixes & Enhancements:
1. Optimize component update process & Fix update failed issues
2. Enhance Aura Sync - Starry Night effect for few devices
3. Enhance GUI layout and UI interactive behavior
4. Fix Aura Sync “smart mode” effect issue
5. Fix Corsair DRAM Aura Sync issue

Newly supported models:
1. [Keyboard] ROG Falchion NX, ROG Strix Scope NX, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL Moonlight White
2. [Mouse] ROG Strix Impact II Moonlight White
3. [Headset, Headset stand] ROG Cetra II

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

i reinstalled windows thinking it would be a driver fault and it worked perfectly until a while and the speeds got capped again. i think it has to do with asus framework servce or something. i'm not sure. can anyone please help me with this

I've updated the DLL and the install completed, and I can see all of my devices. However, my Ram that is showing in the AC software is not being controlled by AC. I'm currently using G-Skill Neo RGB ram. Anyone having this same issue?

Can someone validate If this is true, I don't believe it at all. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard, Purchased on 4/4/2018. The Armory Crate software has been working for the past 2 years and all of a sudden started throwing errors when updating driver firmware. After uninstalling and attempting to reinstall the sofware I now get an "Installation Failed" message.

I chased this with Asus support and they are telling me that my board is not compatible with the software.

Why? Why all of a sudden, after working for the past 2 years, is it now not working? This was F*cking $400 board!

Can someone please advise.

Response from Asus
"I am grateful for your time and patience as we go through the process of resolving your concern.

I am writing you an update in regards to the escalation ticket.

[ASUS Armoury Crate] Armoury Crate Compatible Devices | Official Support | ASUS Global The motherboard is not compatible with Armoury Crate The motherboard has to be Z370 but after October 2018. The customer has motherboard that is 2017

Our goal is to provide you with the best possible experience with our products and reaching a resolution for your issue is our priority.

If I may be of any further assistance, please, let me know. Thank you for choosing ASUS.

CASE NO= N2107034068-0004

"

So basically my Aura creator stopped working after i disconnected my keyboard (Asus ROG Scope TKL).

Armoury create recognizes the keyboard and i'm able to change RGB through Armoury crate to the default profiles, but I can't sync with Aura.

My motherboard (ROG X570-F) and RAM (G.SKILL Trident Z neo) are also recognized on AC, but when I try to open Aura creator, a window says that no device was recognized....

If I go to Windows Services, it says that Lightservice is stopped, and if I try to force Lightservice to start it works for a few seconds and Aura Creator recognizes all devices, and then stops again...

I open the devices Window and I can see that my Motherboard and RAM are selected but my Keyboard isn't. If i select the keyboard and apply, and then try to apply a profile it crashes and says i need to restart my computer....

I tried to uninstall armoury crate and Aura creator but it gives an error saying that something wasn't found... If i uninstall with Revo, and install again nothing works.
The only way I was able to make it work again was by REINSTALLING WINDOWS, and I already did it TWICE.

This all started with the last Aura Creator Uptade that did the redesign.

Please send help.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
In order for Aura Sync to work on keyboards, you'll need to switch to profiles 1 to 5 (Fn+1/2/3/4/5), but not default (Fn+6).
Please replicate the issue with Aura Creator while recording a log, then generate and send to me (cloud link) via PM. See original post for instructions.

Nemoos wrote:
So basically my Aura creator stopped working after i disconnected my keyboard (Asus ROG Scope TKL).

Armoury create recognizes the keyboard and i'm able to change RGB through Armoury crate to the default profiles, but I can't sync with Aura.

My motherboard (ROG X570-F) and RAM (G.SKILL Trident Z neo) are also recognized on AC, but when I try to open Aura creator, a window says that no device was recognized....

If I go to Windows Services, it says that Lightservice is stopped, and if I try to force Lightservice to start it works for a few seconds and Aura Creator recognizes all devices, and then stops again...

I open the devices Window and I can see that my Motherboard and RAM are selected but my Keyboard isn't. If i select the keyboard and apply, and then try to apply a profile it crashes and says i need to restart my computer....

I tried to uninstall armoury crate and Aura creator but it gives an error saying that something wasn't found... If i uninstall with Revo, and install again nothing works.
The only way I was able to make it work again was by REINSTALLING WINDOWS, and I already did it TWICE.

This all started with the last Aura Creator Uptade that did the redesign.

Please send help.

As far as I know, this motherboard should be supported. I'll look into this for you. In the meantime, please record (go to the Aura Sync page and select devices) generate a log then send (cloud link) to me via PM.

Shredder5262 wrote:
Can someone validate If this is true, I don't believe it at all. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard, Purchased on 4/4/2018. The Armory Crate software has been working for the past 2 years and all of a sudden started throwing errors when updating driver firmware. After uninstalling and attempting to reinstall the sofware I now get an "Installation Failed" message.

I chased this with Asus support and they are telling me that my board is not compatible with the software.

Why? Why all of a sudden, after working for the past 2 years, is it now not working? This was F*cking $400 board!

Can someone please advise.

Response from Asus
"I am grateful for your time and patience as we go through the process of resolving your concern.

I am writing you an update in regards to the escalation ticket.

[ASUS Armoury Crate] Armoury Crate Compatible Devices | Official Support | ASUS Global The motherboard is not compatible with Armoury Crate The motherboard has to be Z370 but after October 2018. The customer has motherboard that is 2017

Our goal is to provide you with the best possible experience with our products and reaching a resolution for your issue is our priority.

If I may be of any further assistance, please, let me know. Thank you for choosing ASUS.

CASE NO= N2107034068-0004

"

It seems that in Asus Finland there is only 3.1.0.0 available. Any comments?

Sorry for the confusion, that is just the version of the installer (both Armoury Crate and Aura Creator). Just download and install. Don't worry about it.

atol-71 wrote:
It seems that in Asus Finland there is only 3.1.0.0 available. Any comments?

There are drivers on the websites which are newer than those in Armoury Crate... but there are also drivers in Armoury Crate which are newer than those on the website...

I suggest that you make ONE drivers database, because at this point, it is a mess.

I have just installed all newest drivers from the website, because that one had a waaaay newer BIOS available than AC. Then I checked on AC and found that Intel Wi-Fi, Realtek LAN drivers are outdated... Come on: ONE DRIVERS DATABASE!!!

DxBang wrote:
There are drivers on the websites which are newer than those in Armoury Crate... but there are also drivers in Armoury Crate which are newer than those on the website...

I suggest that you make ONE drivers database, because at this point, it is a mess.

I have just installed all newest drivers from the website, because that one had a waaaay newer BIOS available than AC. Then I checked on AC and found that Intel Wi-Fi, Realtek LAN drivers are outdated... Come on: ONE DRIVERS DATABASE!!!

Same thing for my motherboard.