cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v4.1.6.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Core service updates:
1. Armoury Crate Service v4.1.5
2. Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.1.5
3. ROG Live Service v1.2.12.0
4. AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.06
5. AuraLayerManager (AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.16

New features:
1. Add new “Dashboard” for ASUS/ROG motherboard built-in system
2. Add “Manually update” function
3. Add ASUS account and product registration recommendation to build better service connection
4. Add a new pattern for Aura Sync - Rainbow effect
5. Enable multi-zone RGB keyboard light zone type
6. Support Microsoft narrator rule

Bug fixes & Enhancements:
1. Optimize component update process & Fix update failed issues
2. Enhance Aura Sync - Starry Night effect for few devices
3. Enhance GUI layout and UI interactive behavior
4. Fix Aura Sync “smart mode” effect issue
5. Fix Corsair DRAM Aura Sync issue

Newly supported models:
1. [Keyboard] ROG Falchion NX, ROG Strix Scope NX, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL Moonlight White
2. [Mouse] ROG Strix Impact II Moonlight White
3. [Headset, Headset stand] ROG Cetra II

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

nbtc971 wrote:
In my experience, though it was a while back, there is no removing AC without getting into the registry. I use a program called Regscanner. Made it easier.

What were the keywords you used tho?

TheScaryBoy wrote:
What were the keywords you used tho?

As I said, it's been a while, but I know I used "Crate" and probably expanded it to "Armoury" after that.

It's great with all the help from people who try to fix it and i know if we want it to work like "now" it's the only way. BUT this is something that ASUS should fix and not us, i've done more than i should need to do. I buy things with the expectancy that it's going to work without me needing to fiddle too much myself.

Computers are like this i know, but as broken as this software is a major update is mandatory.

Thanks for the tip with the Reg., however, I will not play around in my registry, delete things and possibly destroy my Win10 with it. Without knowing what exactly to delete / must I leave the fingers of it, too risky. And tools that delete entries in a registry, which may not be deleted and thus programs are broken and can no longer be installed, no thanks. Also, we are not responsible for fixing the error, that is Asus their job! And so I ask again, @Asus, when will the software be fixed??? My OLED display (CPU Temp.) on my over 500€ ROG MAXIMUS XI FORMULA has burned in I think now because I can no longer change the display with the broken Armoury-Crate software, I am very excited.

nbtc971 wrote:
As I said, it's been a while, but I know I used "Crate" and probably expanded it to "Armoury" after that.

yes, as i poseted earlier, you can get into regedit, and run a search for 'Armoury Crate" or just Armoury and use F3 to slowly search through registry and delete the entries that come up. as stated before, some of them wont let you delete the files, and thats okay but a good majority will. I did this after uninstalled AC, and now my RGB, the updates and the installations work flawlessly. no errors. unless im just a fluke case, i have to say it works. ANd to those worried about messing with registry.. dont worry, as long as AC is completely uninstalled, deleting the registry entried will do absolutely NOTHING to your computer. just stay within the Search term and what F3 brings up!!

nbtc971 wrote:
In my experience, though it was a while back, there is no removing AC without getting into the registry. I use a program called Regscanner. Made it easier.

Used a registry scanning programm and also removed every entry containing ASUS or Armoury Crate manually, didn't help

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Please try using the uninstallation tool to remove, and then install again.

You can find the downloads here:
https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

This hasn't worked. The uninstall tool completes, then restart, run the install tool.. it seemingly works up until after it downloads 'other' resources, then it says installation failed, please restart and check Internet connection. Is this an issue on Asus server side??

For a replacement cable, please contact the ASUS Service Center in your region to check if any are available.
The Spatha has a limitation, avoid connecting both the dock and the mouse simultaneously. Doing so, several unpredictable issues could occur as a result.
The extra short cable was meant for use with your notebook while on the go.

davidwieszies wrote:
Now i get a new error: see Pic

The software fails every time I try to install it. I tried to run the Uninstaller provided by Asus and tried again but doesn't work.
The version I'm installing is the last one at the time of this comment (version 3.1.0.0, 2021/06/18).

Setup:

• SO: Windows 10 Pro N 64 bits.
  • Product: ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming (wi-fi).

The SO is recently installed. All Windows Updates are up to date and firewall and antivirus disabled.

Error:

"Installation error. Restart the system and check Internet connection status before try again.0"

1. PC

2. Aura Sync products:
- ROG Strix Z370-E motherboard
- ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090 graphics card
- ROG Swift PG27UQ monitor
- ROG Strix Flare keyboard
- ROG Pugio I mouse
- ROG Addressable LED Strip (60cm / 30 LEDs)
- Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro memory

3. Corsair iCUE v. 4.12.214

4. Display, keyboard and mouse are all wired.

5. Yes, I reinstalled Windows and it did not fix this issue.

6. Windows 10 Home version 21H1, build 19043.1052

7. None.

8. The RGB lighting on my machine keeps randomly falling out of sync (I mostly use the Colour Cycle setting). It most commonly happens when starting up Steam or a game. I can fix it by turning my monitor off for a few seconds and then turning it back on, but it's still annoying.

9. Here's a short video of the problem: https://i.imgur.com/RnLbwap.mp4. Note how the lighting on the graphics card and motherboard (left of the CPU cooler) are working properly, while the display, LED strip, and memory have frozen. The LED strip and the memory are the same colour, but the display is frozen on a different colour. Ignore the red light at the lower left; that's my sound card, and it only has one red LED.

10. Log file sent.