cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v4.1.6.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Core service updates:
1. Armoury Crate Service v4.1.5
2. Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.1.5
3. ROG Live Service v1.2.12.0
4. AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.06
5. AuraLayerManager (AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.16

New features:
1. Add new “Dashboard” for ASUS/ROG motherboard built-in system
2. Add “Manually update” function
3. Add ASUS account and product registration recommendation to build better service connection
4. Add a new pattern for Aura Sync - Rainbow effect
5. Enable multi-zone RGB keyboard light zone type
6. Support Microsoft narrator rule

Bug fixes & Enhancements:
1. Optimize component update process & Fix update failed issues
2. Enhance Aura Sync - Starry Night effect for few devices
3. Enhance GUI layout and UI interactive behavior
4. Fix Aura Sync “smart mode” effect issue
5. Fix Corsair DRAM Aura Sync issue

Newly supported models:
1. [Keyboard] ROG Falchion NX, ROG Strix Scope NX, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL Moonlight White
2. [Mouse] ROG Strix Impact II Moonlight White
3. [Headset, Headset stand] ROG Cetra II

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

Firmware updates v11.91.34/v1.00.21 were released, all resolved for your Gladius 3 Wireless?

chard0305 wrote:
I recently updated everything in my armoury crate - I always check for updates regularly.

My new Gladius 3 firmware was updated to 11.71.32, but now the wireless mode (2.4Ghz dongle) is so inaccurate now. The cursor jumps around a lot. This wasnt happening before the update. Is there anyway to rollback my firmware? using the wireless function right now is practically useless. I wouldve just bought a wired mouse if i wanted it wired.

Also, there are no obstacles from my mouse and dongle. Distance is less than 2 feet, and even if I move them really close to each other, I still experience the jumpiness and inaccurate mouse movements.

CriispyHere wrote:
One time I had also problem with "restart again or check my internet connection" during the installation. What I did - turn off your wifi during installation and turn it on after one minute. It worked for me.

Unfortunately that didn't help. Thx for trying.

I also tried to change priorities, turn off all the other network adapters except for the active one and changed some settings to default DNS and so on and still a no go. Still the same eror.

IS this app STILL borked? Come on ASUS! |This "update" you shoved out really broke A LOT of things for people. Fix this rat trap!

@Asus will this now still fixed or remains so? If so, how long do we have to wait now? Are such updates not tested beforehand by you? Why are there constantly problems with this Armoury-Crate software and when will there be a version that works without errors? These "light effects in the game", will this function also support also support current games or nothing more?

Faulting application name: ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe, version: 4.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60ac9d57
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.29.30037.0, time stamp: 0x609de407
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000018f0
Faulting process id: 0x6074
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7750694f39d93
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\ARMOURY CRATE Lite Service\ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report Id: 82719a61-6a1a-49ba-9cea-b2bbe214394a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
every 2 seconds and offcource armoury tab where the light effects should be is not working!!! i have even send pm to the moderator but never back from them!!!

OKAY! SO! TO anyone having issues with the New armory crate completely removing all of your RGB devices and not detecting motherboard/RAM/Strips etc.

I posted this in my own thread, but thought id post it here too if anyone has this issue!
I FINALLY got it working and im going to tell you how i got it to finally detect everything!

First I uninstalled AC by using THe Armory Crate UNINSTALL tool which you can download from the Armory crate download site on Asus website and clicking "SHOW ALL" below AC download.

Second, i ran a full registry clean using my most favorite PC maintenance program "IOBit Advanced system care Registry cleaner" or whatever cleaner you use.

At this point RESTART COMPUTER

THIRD, make sure you DELETE any files in your c:\Program files and c:\Programfiles(x86), and DELETE 'ASUS'. if it tells you it cant cause its in use, open task manager and end process "asuscert", "acpower" or whatever remaining asus processes are running, then try to delete the ASUS folder.
NEXT navigate to c:\users\[username]\appdata\local and DELETE 'ASUS', 'ACLOADER', 'ACSDKINSLOG', and if you see it, "ARMORYLIVEUPDATE".

Fourth, and last. I ran RegEdit, and did a search for any relative term pertaining to "Armory crate", and deleting whatever entry it allows me to. Pressing F3 will search for the next Armory crate Term on the list, and deleting all of them. When that is all done, i restart computer .

Finally, REINSTALL Armory Crate.. and if all went well, as it did for me, everything should be in working order again!

I am using an ROG Strix B-550-F Gaming mobo. So i can't guarentee it will work for anything else, but lets all hope! Goodluck everyone!

Right, I've almost had it with Armoury Crate. After the latest update my motherboard (Z390-E) disappeared completely from Armoury Crate, not a single trace found, neither in "Aura Sync" tab, "Device" tab and the "Update Center" section, the entire Device kit was gone.

After that I proceeded with uninstalling Armoury Crate with the uninstaller, and uninstalling every HAL-module and extra services, and after that nuking every trace of "Asus", "Armoury Crate", "HAL", "ROG" and anything else Asus-related, both in files in ProgramData, Program Files and in Appdata, along with the registry. I had to download an advanced registry editor to search for every single trace of anything from Asus, and I managed to delete it all.

Proceeded with a re-installation of Armoury Crate, got service errors. Nuked it again. Installed it again, same problem. Found out I had missing system drivers (AsIO3.sys being the most critical, since several HAL services were complaining about it being missing). Proceeded to ask a friend to send his files over, no luck. Asked him to download softwares to gather registry keys for the drivers, that was successful, driver was now being loaded with Windows. Perfect. Or so I thought.

Installed Armoury Crate again, no luck, a folder called MBLedSDK was missing. Got the same friend to send that over. For whatever reason, that worked. My motherboard shows up in Armoury Crate, kind of. It won't appear under the Aura section, I can't control it's lights at all, but it is being shown as a Device Kit again.

I also see it as a device under the "Device" tab, however, now when I click it it, "asus_framework.exe" complains about "Can't open AsIO3.sys!! Failed with error code 5: Access is denied."

Since I could not manually reinstall just the framework, I had to create a virtual machine, install Armoury Crate on that and while it was installing, capture EVERYTHING found in "C:\ProgramData\Asus\ROGLSLoader", since that's where the setup files for a few of the modules are saved, ONLY TO BE DELETED ONCE THE INSTALLATION WAS DONE. Whatever, I got the framework setup file I needed. Ran it on my machine, it said that the framework was not installed. Proceeded to install it. No difference.

Here's some screenshots:
Device shown in Update Center: https://i.imgur.com/X44at27.png
Trying to access the device under "Devices" tab: https://i.imgur.com/PB4mjmO.png
Motherboard missing from "Aura Sync" tab: https://i.imgur.com/sFnxDtJ.png

There's an open-source project called OpenRGB that successfully finds the motherboard and can control it's LED's, without any of the Armoury Crate modules installed. Screenshots of it in action:
Device: https://i.imgur.com/n9vabnh.png
Control: https://i.imgur.com/TrcWbmR.png

Once again, IT CAN DO THIS WITHOUT ANY ASUS-RELATED SOFTWARE INSTALLED. IN A PORTABLE PROGRAM (NO INSTALLATION NEEDED) LESS THAN 23 MEGABYTES IN SIZE.

With all of this I just want to say: Fix your software, it shouldn't be this hard. If an open-source project can do it without 20+ extra modules that needs to be installed, so could you. I REFUSE to re-install Windows just because your software refuses to work as intended, just because you pushed a broken update that broke lots of systems. Also, let us download previous versions of Armoury Crate and ALL OF IT'S MODULES, that would help A LOT.

I could not update armoury crate so i chose to reinstall it, now it fails at the installing connected components step and throws error 100. Tried all solutions presented in this and various other threads.

Did some troubleshooting by deleting some more asus folders like someone else said earlier. I have no intention of doing reg edit cleaning manually or with any software.

I think what we need here is an updated uninstaller that does all that for us AND a new updated installer as it obviously has issues.

Ragshnak wrote:
Did some troubleshooting by deleting some more asus folders like someone else said earlier. I have no intention of doing reg edit cleaning manually or with any software.

I think what we need here is an updated uninstaller that does all that for us AND a new updated installer as it obviously has issues.

In my experience, though it was a while back, there is no removing AC without getting into the registry. I use a program called Regscanner. Made it easier.