cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v4.1.6.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Core service updates:
1. Armoury Crate Service v4.1.5
2. Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.1.5
3. ROG Live Service v1.2.12.0
4. AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.06
5. AuraLayerManager (AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.16

New features:
1. Add new “Dashboard” for ASUS/ROG motherboard built-in system
2. Add “Manually update” function
3. Add ASUS account and product registration recommendation to build better service connection
4. Add a new pattern for Aura Sync - Rainbow effect
5. Enable multi-zone RGB keyboard light zone type
6. Support Microsoft narrator rule

Bug fixes & Enhancements:
1. Optimize component update process & Fix update failed issues
2. Enhance Aura Sync - Starry Night effect for few devices
3. Enhance GUI layout and UI interactive behavior
4. Fix Aura Sync “smart mode” effect issue
5. Fix Corsair DRAM Aura Sync issue

Newly supported models:
1. [Keyboard] ROG Falchion NX, ROG Strix Scope NX, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL Moonlight White
2. [Mouse] ROG Strix Impact II Moonlight White
3. [Headset, Headset stand] ROG Cetra II

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

Hopper64
Level 15
Just had a couple of app updates. Even with these, there is still no CPU frequency option in crate. It was fine before updates this month:

MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
Just had a couple of app updates. Even with these, there is still no CPU frequency option in crate. It was fine before updates this month:

Same here.

LordSabathan
Level 9
After latest Rog Armory Live Services update from 6.28 - after turn of and turn of my pc- my default fan profile is our turbo - have to change it manually always, it was standard before and it didnt matter how much i turn off or restart my pc , it was stay without problem. I dont use any other program for fann control atm.Have Ai Suite unistalled.
Using windows 20h2 up to date, everything in AC is up to date.

Foxseiz
Level 7
I did the latest update and it managed to actually see my GPU now, but still not able to see my mobo, RGB headers, and ram.
I did not just update the software, I also tried to uninstall it using the one provided on the support website and reinstalled it, and it's still the same.

The GPU isn't synced with others even if it's checked with Aura Sync. Other effects only work if the GPU isn't synced.

MasterC@ROG - I have sent you a DM for the log.

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.12.5
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.06
Armoury Crate lite service 4.1.6
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.31
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.6
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.1.7.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.48
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.45
AacVGA 0.0.4.0
KingstonDram 1.1.6
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.08
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.31.3
PHISON HAL 1.0.6.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.3
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.1
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.12.0

Hopper64
Level 15
Just had an update for my Strix 3090. Now there's no way to get to my Maximus 13EG. It doesn't show up. Specs in my sig:

MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64
Level 15
And….Every time there’s a crate update, my AiSuite 3 fan profiles are lost. I look up and my radiator fans on my Maximus 13 EG are not even spinning. I have to go back and run the configuration utility in the software to get the fans to work again. I just don’t get why this has to be so hard. * ?????

supertoast
Level 7
Armoury Crate installer AND uninstaller fails to complete... Looks like the cause is the ROG Live Service failing to run:

Faulting application name: ROGLiveService.exe, version: 1.2.12.5, time stamp: 0x60cc05e5
Faulting module name: LED_DLL_forMB_x64.dll, version: 0.0.3.4, time stamp: 0x60b9da80
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000006758
Faulting process id: 0x785c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d77039fefa5543
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Live Service\ROGLiveService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Live Service\vga\LED_DLL_forMB_x64.dll
Report Id: dd47071e-0756-4c40-8a70-72a5a15aa48d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I can get the service going by renaming the DLL extension (or deleting) and install AC after that, but then I have no control over my MB LEDs (surprise, surprise...).

DJDUPONT
Level 8
Armory creat won't even install any longer I tried using the uninstaller and reinstalling but it doesn't work. I have no control over my fans anymore...

LocoDiceGR
Level 10
I hope someday this program will be fixed and i can finally install and use it.

Alexraptor
Level 7
Last update broke the zone lighting on my ROG 6800XT LC when using aura sync. So now the entire GPU flashes in different colors rather than a subtle shimmering when using the starry night effect.