cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate v4.1.6.0 [Report here if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
A new major update is being rolled out. There are several improvement and new features, many of the issues reported have also been fixed.

Suggest to uninstall Aura Sync software if already installed.

Core service updates:
1. Armoury Crate Service v4.1.5
2. Armoury Crate Lite Service v4.1.5
3. ROG Live Service v1.2.12.0
4. AURA Service (Lighting service) v3.05.06
5. AuraLayerManager (AURA lighting effect add-on) V0.0.16

New features:
1. Add new “Dashboard” for ASUS/ROG motherboard built-in system
2. Add “Manually update” function
3. Add ASUS account and product registration recommendation to build better service connection
4. Add a new pattern for Aura Sync - Rainbow effect
5. Enable multi-zone RGB keyboard light zone type
6. Support Microsoft narrator rule

Bug fixes & Enhancements:
1. Optimize component update process & Fix update failed issues
2. Enhance Aura Sync - Starry Night effect for few devices
3. Enhance GUI layout and UI interactive behavior
4. Fix Aura Sync “smart mode” effect issue
5. Fix Corsair DRAM Aura Sync issue

Newly supported models:
1. [Keyboard] ROG Falchion NX, ROG Strix Scope NX, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL, ROG Strix Scope NX TKL Moonlight White
2. [Mouse] ROG Strix Impact II Moonlight White
3. [Headset, Headset stand] ROG Cetra II

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To update to the latest version of Armoury Crate, reboot and the update will run in the background automatically (do not open Armoury Crate for 10-15 minutes, and plug in the power for notebooks).

Before reporting issues, please make sure you have the latest software and firmware.
Be clear about the key issue. Mark/edit posts which are no longer relevant, tracking multiple posts in several pages not only takes time but the issue becomes unclear.

Include the following info:
1. PC / Laptop
2. Aura Sync products
3. 3rd-party peripheral, audio, or lighting software
4. Wired / wireless connection
5. Reinstalled Windows?
6. Windows version & build
7. Previous version of firmware or software that worked as expected
8. Clear description of your issue
9. Any screenshots of the issue
10. Use our log collection function: Settings=>About=>App diagnostics
Please provide a log, it's much easier to provide fixes if we can replicate as accurately as possible.

Log Collection Tool - Instructions
First, check the Record log box to start recording
Agree to the disclaimer
Replicate the issue you are having
Click on the Generate log data button
Save the log file to a location of your choice.
Stop the recording

Even though the log file is encrypted, share the log file with me by PM (provide link to file in cloud).

Many issues have been posted previously, but a very small percentage of people have PM'd me their log. If in doubt, just send a log and remember to record first. If the issue is after shutdown: provide a log for before shutdown and one after (2 logs). Thanks everyone!

No problems with EAC conflts with RogLiveService playing THE DIVISION 2...

sdmf74
Level 11
Has the OP even come back to his thread after opening it?
I have NOT seen any replies from him. Wonder if any of this has even made it to the devs & I wonder if they will do something about the bloatware (like dashboard etc.)
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey there, I'm still here, everyone from this thread who has provided a log has received a reply and the software team is looking into the issues reported. As I stated in the OP, please provide a log if you can because they will be prioritized. Every update has been tested internally, and more often than not, the issues reported occur on systems different to ours or very specific/uncommon configurations were set. Trying to replicate with similar setups or conditions does require much more time, and quite often - we simply can't find a problem. We are checking as many cases as possible, as fast as possible. But as you can see, there are many people here, and some posts such as yours are incredibly long and takes time just to read it. Thanks for everybody's patience.

sdmf74 wrote:
Has the OP even come back to his thread after opening it?
I have NOT seen any replies from him. Wonder if any of this has even made it to the devs & I wonder if they will do something about the bloatware (like dashboard etc.)

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Hey there, I'm still here, everyone from this thread who has provided a log has received a reply and the software team is looking into the issues reported. As I stated in the OP, please provide a log if you can because they will be prioritized. Every update has been tested internally, and more often than not, the issues reported occur on systems different to ours or very specific/uncommon configurations were set. Trying to replicate with similar setups or conditions does require much more time, and quite often - we simply can't find a problem. We are checking as many cases as possible, as fast as possible. But as you can see, there are many people here, and some posts such as yours are incredibly long and takes time just to read it. Thanks for everybody's patience.

It is difficult to get something to work on such a diversity of devices. It is surprising that it fails in systems entirely built by Asus, such as notebooks. It is also surprising that the Razer Sinapse works perfectly on systems without any Razer devices and with all the items manufactured by Asus. Armory Crate is not working, can't see the Philips Hue bridge and permanently post errors. Synapse even syncs the light bulbs in my house with my computer.I honestly believe that someone is not working properly.

Just bought a brand new Asus ROG Strix SCAR 17 a few days ago. Everything on this system including firmware have been updated to the latest versions available.

Windows 10 v21h1 (also tested on 20h2)
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.12.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.06
Armoury Crate service 4.1.5
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.1.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.41
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.35
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.34
AacAudioHal 1.3.20.0
AacDispaly 1.1.29

The RGB software on this thing is tremendously disappointing. Where to start?
1. I have a custom profile which uses a static colour with reactive typing color. I also have some keys set to light up based on CPU temperature. These keys would frequently get stuck on the reactive colour during use. The temperature smart keys will remain stuck at the temperature triggered colour without reverting back to their original state. The only way to fix is is to manually start up armoury crate and reselect the aura sync profile.

2. I have my AC power plan set to put the laptop to sleep when the lid is closed. when i close the lid, the RGB light strips and ROG logo remain lit. There is no option to disable all RGB when the lid is closed. However when the laptop is on battery mode, the RGB behavior works as expected with respect to lid closing and opening.

3. When I put the laptop to sleep, I expect that it remains that way. Unfortunately, the Asus System Analysis app keeps waking up the laptop. Come on!!!

4. When powering up / waking from sleep / powering down / going into sleep, the keyboard RGB profile reverts back to the last selected Basic Profile (Static, Wave, Comet, etc ). Not sure if its possible to keep the custom profiles created using Aura Creator instead of reverting to the Basic Profile.

For the most part, Ive managed to fix issue #3 via changing windows settings, and #2 by writing a custom app to react to sleep events on the laptop. I still havent found a permanent solution to #1 apart from manually starting up Armoury Crate and reactiving the custom RGB profile.

This is all rather annoying considering how expensive this thing cost and I cant just use it and enjoy it without hacking away at it like a cheap rusty used car. The worst part is, this is a software bug which is very easily picked up during testing. You really gotta wonder if the devs at Asus actually do any testing before the push a broken app out the door to end users. When i sent Asus a support ticket regarding this issue, the basic response was to download and install all the driver/firmware and RMA the unit back for repairs if its still broken. Seriously, is there no ability to escalate the issue up to the software team for L2 support etc?

I am truly gobsmacked by the quality of the software and the support process for such an issue. Fantastic hardware let down by poor software support.

rkok000 wrote:
Just bought a brand new Asus ROG Strix SCAR 17 a few days ago. Everything on this system including firmware have been updated to the latest versions available.

Windows 10 v21h1 (also tested on 20h2)
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.12.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.06
Armoury Crate service 4.1.5
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.1.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.41
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.35
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.34
AacAudioHal 1.3.20.0
AacDispaly 1.1.29

The RGB software on this thing is tremendously disappointing. Where to start?
1. I have a custom profile which uses a static colour with reactive typing color. I also have some keys set to light up based on CPU temperature. These keys would frequently get stuck on the reactive colour during use. The temperature smart keys will remain stuck at the temperature triggered colour without reverting back to their original state. The only way to fix is is to manually start up armoury crate and reselect the aura sync profile.

2. I have my AC power plan set to put the laptop to sleep when the lid is closed. when i close the lid, the RGB light strips and ROG logo remain lit. There is no option to disable all RGB when the lid is closed. However when the laptop is on battery mode, the RGB behavior works as expected with respect to lid closing and opening.

3. When I put the laptop to sleep, I expect that it remains that way. Unfortunately, the Asus System Analysis app keeps waking up the laptop. Come on!!!

4. When powering up / waking from sleep / powering down / going into sleep, the keyboard RGB profile reverts back to the last selected Basic Profile (Static, Wave, Comet, etc ). Not sure if its possible to keep the custom profiles created using Aura Creator instead of reverting to the Basic Profile.

For the most part, Ive managed to fix issue #3 via changing windows settings, and #2 by writing a custom app to react to sleep events on the laptop. I still havent found a permanent solution to #1 apart from manually starting up Armoury Crate and reactiving the custom RGB profile.

This is all rather annoying considering how expensive this thing cost and I cant just use it and enjoy it without hacking away at it like a cheap rusty used car. The worst part is, this is a software bug which is very easily picked up during testing. You really gotta wonder if the devs at Asus actually do any testing before the push a broken app out the door to end users. When i sent Asus a support ticket regarding this issue, the basic response was to download and install all the driver/firmware and RMA the unit back for repairs if its still broken. Seriously, is there no ability to escalate the issue up to the software team for L2 support etc?

I am truly gobsmacked by the quality of the software and the support process for such an issue. Fantastic hardware let down by poor software support.

I subscrive everything you say with a much big problem, that I am a customer Asus Since 1989, every gaming models every laptop, and my friend, that is not something that no one is going to take in count, so we all have problems but we end up hanging waiting for answers to resolve an issue that is created by firmware and software that brick our machines and turn them in problematic situations i got a few units of Asus Rog Laptops for buisness, and the present situation is they don´t work propely, today is possible to get statements of the same problem in the some laptops with theyr updates is possible to return the hardware and demand the pay and losts that we get, because some issues make your machine off, is time to go further with Asus and say stop i need work with a Laptop i give 3700 Euros per pc on my firm and i can´t work and i don´t go to RMA every time a update or a firmware brick it , today in my firm we got over 20 machines with processors i7, i9 rtx 2080, rtx3080 etc, we got in material more than 100.000 Euros and Asus don´t care sorry, i buy a Tesla and gave us problems of software and they replace for a new one, this is not Laptop for a gaming that is genuine to work too if the pc stops a worker stop all process stops so is time to get a new company too work or is time to make Asus work better?? We got in our group a firm of lawyers, we are going to get the law done her job.

fcsoares43 wrote:
I subscrive everything you say with a much big problem, that I am a customer Asus Since 1989, every gaming models every laptop, and my friend, that is not something that no one is going to take in count, so we all have problems but we end up hanging waiting for answers to resolve an issue that is created by firmware and software that brick our machines and turn them in problematic situations i got a few units of Asus Rog Laptops for buisness, and the present situation is they don´t work propely, today is possible to get statements of the same problem in the some laptops with theyr updates is possible to return the hardware and demand the pay and losts that we get, because some issues make your machine off, is time to go further with Asus and say stop i need work with a Laptop i give 3700 Euros per pc on my firm and i can´t work and i don´t go to RMA every time a update or a firmware brick it , today in my firm we got over 20 machines with processors i7, i9 rtx 2080, rtx3080 etc, we got in material more than 100.000 Euros and Asus don´t care sorry, i buy a Tesla and gave us problems of software and they replace for a new one, this is not Laptop for a gaming that is genuine to work too if the pc stops a worker stop all process stops so is time to get a new company too work or is time to make Asus work better?? We got in our group a firm of lawyers, we are going to get the law done her job.

Exactly. I too purchase this laptop to use for work and play. When you pay so much money for this machine and still have to waste time with RMA and endless workarounds it is very frustrating. While I understand that it is difficult to test all combinations of software and hardware in a desktop environment, i find it difficult to see why this is also a huge problem for laptops? after all, if the laptop is made by Asus then the firmware and hardware configuration is pretty much restricted to a limited variation. Its also not hard to just load up plain old windows 10 latest build with all the latest Asus/Amd released firmware/bios/drivers to use as the base test case.

I also do agree with many of the forum readers here about bloatware. When i launch Armoury Crate I am only interested in configuring the system and seeing if there are any potential driver/firmware updates. I am not interested in reading the latest news from Asus or game recommendations - I can get that information from my web browser if I wanted to surf the net. That effort could be spent on developing and testing to produce a more stable product.

Anyway, I will try to gather some log files and include that in an updated post if this is whats required to escalate a bug fix.

Cheers

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please provide a log if you are having issues, it is difficult to help you if this is all the info provided. Also take into consideration that our software team is committed to support a far larger ecosystem which covers PC components.

Alcume wrote:
It is difficult to get something to work on such a diversity of devices. It is surprising that it fails in systems entirely built by Asus, such as notebooks. It is also surprising that the Razer Sinapse works perfectly on systems without any Razer devices and with all the items manufactured by Asus. Armory Crate is not working, can't see the Philips Hue bridge and permanently post errors. Synapse even syncs the light bulbs in my house with my computer.I honestly believe that someone is not working properly.

MasterC@ROG wrote:

Great I'm happy to see you're here & responding but as you know this version of AC is so busted that many of us can't even access the software to give you the requested log.
I have done everything else as requested even updated my original post a few times to cut down on clutter (cept for this post).

I would say a good portion (prolly about 1/3) of customers using desktops are having the same identical issue or very similar so I'm not sure how your testing did not produce the issue. For instance I'm using a new Maximus XIII Hero motherboard with no other Asus connecting devices. And everyone else (besides laptop users) are using Asus motherboards too obviously.

Perhaps the development team should have created a completely separate piece of software for Laptop users than desktop users to keep issues at a minimum and make it easier to test & troubleshoot potential issues when they arise as they always do.

I've read through the thread recently and it appears I'm not the only one that is extremely upset with the amount of bloatware contained in AC yet we have not gotten a response pertaining to it. ie the dashboard is 100% unnecessary as is the redundant very basic fan controls! AISUITEIII is sitting right down in the task bar one click away with full featured fan controls lol. And I don't think Anybody uses the standard fan presets (performance, quiet, full speed etc). I have owned like 6 ROG boards, mostly formulas and NOT ONCE have I ever clicked on those fan presets, ever.
We do NOT need these things, most of us use hwinfo64 or something similar for monitoring especially when we overclock & test for stability. For God's sakes Asus even provides an Aida64 license for a year for free. Why would we need the Dashboard? An extremely unresponsive & slow polling dashboard btw.

Please make the devs aware the vast majority of their customers do not need nor want all these extra Armory Crate plugins/softwares and all of us are frustrated by the insane amount of processes & services running in windows 10 due to the AC bloatware. And please let us know what their stance is on it. Good developers should ALWAYS put stability & performance over new features, especially redundant ones.
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA

I love that you're here & responding.

I get that may be a lot of user related problems. But I think I sent you a total of 3-4 logs all about the same problem on forum and also in private. The first PM I sent was in February and still I don't know what to do regarding AC's Problems. Every time I came with concrete answers and explained the problem. I also ran Event Viewer to see what's going on and it said: <> But when I checked the folder there was nothing in it at all times. And in AC Device tab says that the model isn't supported. I just want to make the motherboard be recognized again and to show up in Device/Aura tab.

I also totally agree with sdmf74 that AC has a lot of unnecessary stuff in it. i.e.: the dashboard.

MasterC@ROG wrote: